Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Europe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2013, 03:46 AM   #31
hampsterracing
Devon TRF

Oddometer: 104
Dont listen to the weatherman they always exaggerate he says !

Old 03-24-2013, 07:00 AM   #32
Windy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 166
Brrr...

I hope you all survived OK. Sorry I didn't manage to make it up there... I was ignoring the weather man, but my bike had other ideas and conked out as soon as we hit some inclement weather.
I swear the damn think doesn't like going to Wales.

Catch you all next time I hope!

Phil
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:52 AM   #33
finn69
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Thanks to Timpo for sorting out good weekend cut a little short but all good fun

finn69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:01 AM   #34
Gazz
In a rut

Oddometer: 531
Finn, I think your video is private.
Gazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:05 AM   #35
finn69
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
Finn, I think your video is private.
Cheers sorted
finn69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:43 AM   #36
Gale B.T.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,475
YO MATES< WAY TO GO!! Chris B put me on this RR and from the high stuff in Colorado ie Wolf Creek Pass, we are impressed!! You people are TOUGH !! Tons of smiles, thanks again.

Ride warm/dry
gale
Gale B.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:31 AM   #37
timolgra1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 494
Thanks for sorting it all again Timpo and great to see everyone.
Here's just a few pics

Nice bike mister

Good choice

timolgra1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:01 PM   #38
newsh
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
It was slow going and totally exhausting, especially on the 950 (I like to think)

The up side is I've never taken so many pictures on one lane :)

DrLC8 trying the big SE for size.

And finally.. The tree that nearly took out the landlady and her daughter!

newsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:46 PM   #39
newsh
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Nice pic! Actually I was just having a nice little rest when these 2 blokes tried to nick my bike ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timolgra1 View Post
newsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:31 PM   #40
muddymatt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 150
Thanks to TIMPO for another March Moon and a weekend of mayhem.

My group went from 9 to just little old me fairly rapidly.

To those who camped I salute you.

To those who travelled long distances I hope you still had fun.

To the beer fairy who despite emptying my wallet wrapped me in her blanket and made sure I was warm each night. Many Thanks

Now got a stinking cold but would I do it again ?

Of course .

Just a few photos from me.

Weather didn't look too bad when I arrived.

Obviously a few flakes fell overnight.

The first couple of lanes soon showed that ride would be a struggle.

John's lane soon had everyone nicely warmed up

These next two pics are actually on a tarmac road the snow was drifting well.

With the large tree in imminent danger of losing more large branches this man took control to ensure everyone was safe.

I was standing here when the rest of the branches came down it made quite a noise.

Despite it being covered with 12 inches of snow Timpo's 6th sense alerted him him that there was an unattended sat nav on the dashboard so he went for it with his shovel.

I went back out again with Eddie and a few others but the lanes were too tough for KTM's and Husabergs which started breaking down. DRZ's were OK though.

As all the roads were becoming a struggle we headed back to the warmth of the Inn.

Mike was a popular man with a 4x4 on Sunday morning in order to empty the car park.

The rest of my photos can be found here.

http://s378.photobucket.com/user/mud...ary/MMR%202013
muddymatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:21 PM   #41
ChrisUK
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 588
What a great weekend. Many thanks to Timpo for organising it, Gazz and Robbie for Leading/TEing and everybody for a great craic.

Winter wonderland: Wales in late March, Friday night

Lynchy clearing the snow from his and my bike, Sat morning

Robbie demonstrating how big something was. I don't recall what this "something" was.

Happy campers

A v brief video:
ChrisUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:48 PM   #42
Possu
de-nOObed!

Oddometer: 5,218
Timpo, thanks for a great weekend.

The weekend started badly, we saw this on the M5 near Birmingham, Pumpy took a photo for evidence, it didn't bode well:

On arrival at the Green Inn, it was a case of pushing various cars across the car park and then unloading the Transit, all spare space having been taken by Ilse and her Serow:

Once the van was unloaded, it was time to head for the warmth of the pub where we spent the rest of the evening until the time to retire to the cold of the van couldn't be delayed any longer.

Saturday saw us up and about by 8am ready for a hot breakfast courtesy of Scott & Emma before splitting in to our various groups and heading off in to the deepest snow I've ridden in.

Here's Ilse digging out her tent, not a common experience for a BA Air Stewardess:

I found myself in a group led by Rick on his Berg 570 and tailended by Louis on his 690. Unfortunately Louis had to bail out very early in to the ride, his 690 had cut out and refused to start. There was an error code flashing up but we didn't know what it meant, it's since been diagnosed as a "Worn Out Tilt Switch".

The rest of the ride consisted of riding with both feet on the ground whilst the rear wheel covered about 10 times the distance of the front wheel. Rick seemed to take great pleasure in leading us up steep slopes that were a damn sight easier for him, Timolgra, Ian Lynch and Jim and their lightweight bikes whilst the rest of us struggled away on our 600cc+ bikes.

Bert called it a day after a couple of hours, the half worn Michelin T63 on the rear of his TE610 offering precisely zero traction on level ground let alone the slopes.

Newsh was also finding it difficult on the 950SE, not the ideal machine for the conditions.

The lunchtime stop saw certain people resort to desperate measures in an attempt to deal with the snow:

During the lunch stop Rick said something about only doing a couple more lanes and that we'd be back at the pub soon, I think he lied to us, it seemed like an eternity before we got back.

We'd already encountered quite a few fallen branches blocking our path and had always managed to get past them but a series of branches in our way on the last lane of the day forced a turnaround and a short tarmac ride back to the Green Inn.

Nic, AKA DRLC8 looking cool in his Gucci designer sunglasses:

Pumpy was with Ilse and Karin, riding in Gaz's group, she'll be along later to post her own photos etc.

Once again, big thanks to Timpo for organising the weekend, to all of the run leaders and tailenders for their efforts and finally to Scott & Emma and their staff at the Green Inn for doing a great job in looking after us and letting us sleep in the pub on Saturday night.

Possu screwed with this post 03-24-2013 at 04:47 PM
Possu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #43
Dr LC8
...soon or later

Oddometer: 915
Hi everyone,

I'll tell you what...f..k the weather I had a great weekend!
Venue and weather made me spent a lovely weekend with friends in a unique atmosphere.

The ride was good fun as well and definitively unusual

Steak ale at the pub was first class!

As usual Timpo and his assistants() pulled together a great bunch of guys for a great riding weekend. Thanks Timpo. We know you are a great organiser. don't worry with some time and experience you will also learn to controll the weather and not only the strong noise winds that were blowing inside the Green Inn last night after few drinks...

Ciao

Nic
2003 KTM LC8 950 ADV
Trips:Europe,Africa,Asia
Dr LC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:17 AM   #44
GFJ
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
Thanks again to Mr T for organising this weekend and putting the effort in to get us all together.

Great to meet some new and catch up with some old faces (I am rapidly joining the latter grouping)

That Twistgrip beer . . . what a pint

I love the snow, but this was getting silly. Tried 2 rides on the Saturday and managed a grand total of 15 miles (using front wheel measurement, rear wheel tracked 80!). Hardest slog I think I've ever done.

Fair doos to the camping folk. Rick had it hard as well

Gareth
GFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:46 AM   #45
mfredrik
Riding this weekend?

Oddometer: 30
What a hoot...

Big thanks to Timpo for organising it, and hats off to all the hardy souls who rocked up - especially those like me that were dumb enough to camp. Top laugh.

I do need to get my fix of riding the nadergy North Wales lanes and am keen to tackle the routes I had lined up with Muddy Matt's help when the snow's gone. So I plan a return trip to lead a few of the others from Thames Valley way that were there for the first time at the MM and didnt see N Wales at its finest.

Ping me a PM with your email if you might want to join in too. It'll probably just be a day trip and there'll be room for a couple more. It'll be in 2 or 3 weeks time I suspect.

Cheers,

Mike F
mfredrik is offline   Reply With Quote