User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 01:35 PM   #1
fluctuat_nec_mergitur OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Northern Russia: Perm-Kotlas-Pudozh

Have driven through Russia (European side) twice and will do it again early next summer.

To avoid big cities and not to ride the same roads again, I'd like to do it higher up in the woods, something like sketched on the map below. Yes, I know there is nothing but taiga there but there are trees I haven't counted before.

Open Street Maps, Garmin and Google indicate there are roads but are they practicable? Russia has plenty of surprises to offer; this time I wouldn't like to get too many of them.

The catch is that I'll be riding alone so I need to know that bridges are in place and mudholes scarce. On soft surface the GSA is a bit tricky and and detours in that part of the world (in case things don't sort out) may mean wasting a day, not an hour.

I'm sure this has been done before: I believe that dozens of cars do stretches of this every day and tens of motorcycles in summer. I just hope one of them is reading this post.

Round Caspian

fluctuat_nec_mergitur screwed with this post 03-22-2013 at 12:27 AM
fluctuat_nec_mergitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:21 PM   #2
arku
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Hi.
Haven't drive throught that road but I can find and give you some information:
http://pda.teron.ru/index.php?showtopic=265973

The roads "Пермь-Кудымкар-Гайны-Койгородок-Визинга-Коряжма-Котлас" are exists but not good.

Quote:
203 км грунтовых дорог различного качества, некоторые участки (от Сергеевского (глина), после Гайн (глина), перед Кажимом (песок с огромными ухабами, в которых образуются глубокие лужи))
203km of bad roads. Few roads are made of clay and a small part are sand with water. Most people prefer travel throught Kirov city because that road really better, a little little longer(90km less) and people can go faster throught that road.

Add me in skype, I can help you with information locating, I know how it's hard to get information on foreign languages. My skype login is arku31.

With best regards, Igor.
arku is offline   Reply With Quote