|08-01-2013, 01:09 AM||#31|
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: N 34 22.573' W 118 34.328'
Just read this for the first time. A few thoughts, if you are really wanting a "flat tracker" look.
1. Get those bar risers off before you kill yourself, unless you only plan to ride pavement. Dirt will get you into some real trouble with the setup you have.
2. Its easy to relocate pegs and controls to a standard instead of forward. eBay is your friend and parts for this bike are cheap.
3. For under $100, you can get a megaphone tail that will give you a better look.
4. Cut off any excess brackets, and rear pegs to lighten the load.
5. A better bag would be used "horse" saddlebags, and a lot more safe when you slide her sideways on the dirt roads. $30.00 on eBay.
6. Eliminate the front headlight for a single LED centered in the lower section of the front number plate. Look at Omar's.com for idea, then buy LED from JC Whitney. You don't need bright, just the same as your stocker.
7. Carve you seat foam down and re-wrap with same vinyl. Look at flat tracker seats for design ideas.
Last....get rid of the front fender. No such thing on a flat tracker or a street tracker.
2014 KTM 690 Enduro R, 2014 EXC500,2012 BMW GTL1600, 2015 BMW F800 GS Adventure, , 2015 Ducati Hypermotard SP and 16 other motorcycle projects in various stages of completion. It's an addiction thing.
|08-07-2013, 10:31 AM||#32|
A Loner. A Rebel.
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: A New English Town
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|