|08-01-2013, 02:09 AM||#31|
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: N 34 22.573' W 118 34.328' Jes North of LA a few.
Just read this for the first time. A few thoughts, if you are really wanting a "flat tracker" look.
1. Get those bar risers off before you kill yourself, unless you only plan to ride pavement. Dirt will get you into some real trouble with the setup you have.
2. Its easy to relocate pegs and controls to a standard instead of forward. eBay is your friend and parts for this bike are cheap.
3. For under $100, you can get a megaphone tail that will give you a better look.
4. Cut off any excess brackets, and rear pegs to lighten the load.
5. A better bag would be used "horse" saddlebags, and a lot more safe when you slide her sideways on the dirt roads. $30.00 on eBay.
6. Eliminate the front headlight for a single LED centered in the lower section of the front number plate. Look at Omar's.com for idea, then buy LED from JC Whitney. You don't need bright, just the same as your stocker.
7. Carve you seat foam down and re-wrap with same vinyl. Look at flat tracker seats for design ideas.
Last....get rid of the front fender. No such thing on a flat tracker or a street tracker.
KTM-2008 EXC450R, 2009 690 E BMW- 2012 GTL 1600-sweet, 2011 R1200GS Adventure Honda- 2000 XR650R- 2006 XR650L- Yamaha- 1972 XS750 Tracker, 1971 RC5- BSA- 1945 M20, The newest member to my stable. The list goes on but why bore you... 16 and counting. Its an attachment issue.
|08-07-2013, 11:31 AM||#32|
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: A New English Town
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|