ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-03-2013, 07:11 AM   #31
Loose Nut OP
wannabe
 
Loose Nut's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: SW Indiana
Oddometer: 285
route plans and mapping are coming along.......i think we will have some really interesting spots to visit and some fun roads along the way........really looking forward to riding with all you guys again
Loose Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:43 PM   #32
Indiana Bones
Ride or Die
 
Indiana Bones's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Sin City
Oddometer: 1,110
Last year was a blast so a return trip is confirmed for me.
__________________
Sunday ADV...that's my church.
"Wheelie a day keeps the Devil at bay." - Bones
Indiana Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:39 AM   #33
hackrman
Adventurer
 
hackrman's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Southwestern Indiana
Oddometer: 40
Super! I think this will be a good one. pray for good weather
hackrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:53 AM   #34
Gravetter
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Gravetter's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: S.Indiana
Oddometer: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravetter View Post
Did a few rides around Southern Indiana on my KLR last year. Sold the bike and moved to North Carolina, then moved back to Evansille (all in 9 months).

Now, we are settling in Boonville so I'm looking for a DR650 and folks to ride with. If I can gather up the bike and re-buy all my gear I will definitly be in for this ride.

Subscribed.
Decided I'd be happier with a DRZ400 and picked an 05 up Saturday. I'm ready for some exploring.
Gravetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:24 AM   #35
SuperT23
KTMRider
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: Evansville, IN
Oddometer: 8
Looking for riders

I'm up for exploring. I'm living in Newburgh. Let me know when you want to go...
SuperT23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:11 AM   #36
rustynut2
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: illinois
Oddometer: 453
I'm a year behind, just got done running last years route. 2 of us from St. Louis area came over Friday for some fun. Great route along the rivers, a bit sloppy at times. Deep sand was tough on a loaded down klr. Thanks for posting the tracks for others to enjoy. John B
__________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Work harder, millions on welfare depend on you.

12 T800XC
09 KLR 650
rustynut2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:59 AM   #37
Loose Nut OP
wannabe
 
Loose Nut's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: SW Indiana
Oddometer: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustynut2 View Post
I'm a year behind, just got done running last years route. 2 of us from St. Louis area came over Friday for some fun. Great route along the rivers, a bit sloppy at times. Deep sand was tough on a loaded down klr. Thanks for posting the tracks for others to enjoy. John B

glad you enjoyed the track.........we had a large time laying it out and had a great turn out of riders. yes, in the springtime early summer when the fields are wet it can get a llittle sloppy..........we're gonna have a great ride this year if you can make it........if not, ride it at your own schedule....

LN
Loose Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:06 AM   #38
rustynut2
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: illinois
Oddometer: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loose Nut View Post
glad you enjoyed the track.........we had a large time laying it out and had a great turn out of riders. yes, in the springtime early summer when the fields are wet it can get a llittle sloppy..........we're gonna have a great ride this year if you can make it........if not, ride it at your own schedule....

LN
Thanks again for the ride. You know its deer season in Oct-Nov, don't want to get shot. Some of those back roads and locals seemed a bit scary. There was one town they were scrapping boats in the street....interesting.
__________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Work harder, millions on welfare depend on you.

12 T800XC
09 KLR 650
rustynut2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:56 AM   #39
Gravetter
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Gravetter's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: S.Indiana
Oddometer: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT23 View Post
I'm up for exploring. I'm living in Newburgh. Let me know when you want to go...

We are just getting settled here in Boonville. It's a been a long few days of moving and unpacking. Between that and a very busy August (not too mention the heat), I'm thinking sometime in September. I'll shoot you a PM.
Gravetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:51 AM   #40
rda
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2013
Oddometer: 14
looks fun but you're having it the same weekend as one of my favorite enduros. Turkey creek up in goshen. From last years pics it looks like big bikes can go too? I have a triumph tiger 955. it seems pretty capable as long as its not muddy. I would be able to go do this ride if it was 2 weeks earlier or 2 weeks later. is the date set for sure yet?
rda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:43 AM   #41
Loose Nut OP
wannabe
 
Loose Nut's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: SW Indiana
Oddometer: 285
Wish you could join us..........last years route is great for bike bikes if the ground is dry. There were lots of dirt sections that can become very slick if the weather has been wet. Download the tracks and ride it at your convenience.

This years ride looks like it is going to be a great ride also.......there will still be some dirt sections, but this year we will have better by-passes for the big bikes if the roads are wet. Download the tracks after we post them and give it a ride -

Track progress is coming along nicely. We will start posting pics and ride tidbits soon.

LN
Loose Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:19 PM   #42
AC909
Great Job!
 
AC909's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Bloomington, IN USA
Oddometer: 1,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loose Nut View Post
We will start posting pics and ride tidbits soon.

LN
__________________
A CT175 & XR250R Do A Few States of the TAT
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=827855
A CT175 & DR350 Do a Few More States of the TAT
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1010764
AC909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:40 AM   #43
buls4evr
No Marks....
 
buls4evr's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Michissippi & Nuevo Mexico
Oddometer: 2,318
Still first weekend of November I hope? COLD would feel pretty good right now after all this heat and humidity....
buls4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:16 AM   #44
rda
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2013
Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loose Nut View Post
Wish you could join us..........last years route is great for bike bikes if the ground is dry. There were lots of dirt sections that can become very slick if the weather has been wet. Download the tracks and ride it at your convenience.

This years ride looks like it is going to be a great ride also.......there will still be some dirt sections, but this year we will have better by-passes for the big bikes if the roads are wet. Download the tracks after we post them and give it a ride -

Track progress is coming along nicely. We will start posting pics and ride tidbits soon.

LN
i was thinking of using last years track. are all the spots on it legal to be at?
rda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:23 AM   #45
wasions
Hang 10
 
wasions's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: SoIl
Oddometer: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by rda View Post
looks fun but you're having it the same weekend as one of my favorite enduros. Turkey creek up in goshen. From last years pics it looks like big bikes can go too? I have a triumph tiger 955. it seems pretty capable as long as its not muddy. I would be able to go do this ride if it was 2 weeks earlier or 2 weeks later. is the date set for sure yet?
I rode my Tiger 955 last year. There were some sketchy gravel downhill sections that tested my tires (Shinko Trail Masters) and my nerves, driving into the weeds, or almost, through several tight corners, but I was with a small lead group that was going faster than I needed (or wanted) to go. I did feel rather smug after successfully passing a KTM950 that had died on a rutted dirt downhill, but I think he was actually held up by a smaller bike that was in his way.

This year though, I'll ride the DR. Fresh knobbies - it's all good.
__________________
Steve

'06 Tiger (HANG 10); '99 DR350
Bigzoner peg No. 123
"Keep Brotherhood 'Til Die"
wasions is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014