ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #46
rda
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasions View Post
I rode my Tiger 955 last year. There were some sketchy gravel downhill sections that tested my tires (Shinko Trail Masters) and my nerves, driving into the weeds, or almost, through several tight corners, but I was with a small lead group that was going faster than I needed (or wanted) to go. I did feel rather smug after successfully passing a KTM950 that had died on a rutted dirt downhill, but I think he was actually held up by a smaller bike that was in his way.

This year though, I'll ride the DR. Fresh knobbies - it's all good.
i have a metzler karoo 3 on the front, havn't tried it in the mud yet, but feels good on gravel. have a half worn metzler tourance on rear, will upgrade to the karoo 3 soon. i know the rear that on it now is useless in mud, i got stuck in some shortly after i got it, had the tourance on the fron too and it was very bad too.

Been racing dirt bikes for 20 years, so i'm used to off road obstacles, tiger is just more of a handfull in mud and stuff.
rda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:58 AM   #47
SuperT23
KTMRider

Oddometer: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravetter View Post
We are just getting settled here in Boonville. It's a been a long few days of moving and unpacking. Between that and a very busy August (not too mention the heat), I'm thinking sometime in September. I'll shoot you a PM.
Sounds good. I'm ready whenever.
SuperT23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:23 AM   #48
Loose Nut OP
wannabe

Oddometer: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by rda View Post
i was thinking of using last years track. are all the spots on it legal to be at?

Last years tracks are still legal...........mostly :)

there are several tracks in the gps file that are labeled as PRIVATE........only these tracks are on private property, the rest are all on public roads.

a lot of locals ride the PRIVATE tracks as public property.........some of the private tracks are NOT posted - ride at your own risk

enjoy, it really is a fun loop

LooseNut
Loose Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:24 AM   #49
Loose Nut OP
wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by buls4evr View Post
Still first weekend of November I hope? COLD would feel pretty good right now after all this heat and humidity....

YES - it is still the first weekend of November!
Old 07-26-2013, 02:44 PM   #50
buls4evr
No Marks....

Oddometer: 2,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loose Nut View Post
YES - it is still the first weekend of November!

Good LooseNut..... I will be there. Looks like I will be riding with Wild Bill G again this year. Any idea where we will overnite yet? Working on bringing some fellow wolverine staters down. You will be surprised what I am riding this year. Hint: it is orange and brand new.....
buls4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #51
RedBirdStation
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by buls4evr View Post
I hope you guys are trying to stay away from downtown Evansville and crossing that busy US41! That was the scariest part of the ride right there.
That it was, but the scariest part for me was hitting FIDO on the gravel at 60mph.
Not me! I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.
RedBirdStation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:12 AM   #52
buls4evr
No Marks....

Oddometer: 2,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBirdStation View Post
That it was, but the scariest part for me was hitting FIDO on the gravel at 60mph.

Man I know that feeling. I hit a weimereiner (sp?) with a 125 Yamaha once and got lucky and did not go down or kill the guys dog! Was going like heck during an enduro trying to catch the guy in front of me.... The dog chased him ,then let off the chase and ran right in front of me. I literally rolled him under the bike. He ran away...tough dog. I was young and stupid and did not even pause much..... just got back on the gas.
buls4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:24 AM   #53
Loose Nut OP
wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBirdStation View Post

thankfully, it did not end worse.........

we're doing our best to avoid country roads with dogs, but not having much look..............it seems every home in southern Indiana located on a county road has at least one dog that likes to chase motorcycles.......

be careful out there!
Old 08-05-2013, 03:10 PM   #54
brewski83
JUST SPIT ON IT

Oddometer: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loose Nut View Post
thankfully, it did not end worse.........

we're doing our best to avoid country roads with dogs, but not having much look..............it seems every home in southern Indiana located on a county road has at least one dog that likes to chase motorcycles.......

be careful out there!
Apparently the deer around here like to chase bikes as well! I've had more close calls with deer in the past 2 months than I ever have....
brewski83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #55
hackrman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
the route

All of day one has now been ridden and recorded in a gps. Now we (Read: Loose Nut) have to take it back to the computer and tie it together into a track for everybody's gps. Day two riding will begin soon. I can tell you, it is like last year (only maybe better). If it rains, bring your knobbies. If it doesn't or hasn't in a while, bring any dual sport bike you like.
hackrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:17 PM   #56
Gillihan
Round Mound of Sound

Oddometer: 57
what's this? A DS conference of mudatonians and gravel connoisseurs? DARN TOOTIN I'll BE THERE!!!
Gillihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:43 PM   #57
Loose Nut OP
wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillihan View Post
what's this? A DS conference of mudatonians and gravel connoisseurs? DARN TOOTIN I'll BE THERE!!!
Never Really Been Called A Connoisseur Of Anything.........But I Do Like Gravel..........Looking Forward To Riding With you
Old 08-19-2013, 09:02 PM   #58
Gillihan
Round Mound of Sound

Oddometer: 57
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose nut View Post
never really been called a connoisseur of anything.........but i do like gravel..........looking forward to riding with you
Gillihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:09 PM   #59
Indiana Bones
Ride or Die

Oddometer: 1,114
I thought the ride through Evansville was awesome!

Watching that dog book it across the field towards Kenny..."No, way he's gonna, no effin way he's gonna, BAM, dog spins 540, and dead dog.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:07 PM   #60
jdfog2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 154
Please add me to the list of riders.

I have had motorcycles for a long time.

I have not ridden on any kind of organized ride - EVER. ( I am safe but I will need to understand the rules of riding together)

In fact, I haven't ridden with anyone else in a couple of years. All the folks I know that have bikes have Cruisers and they don't ride further than a bar in an adjacent town most of the time. I don't drink and ride so I don't have anyone to ride with usually. (Plus, they can't take their wimpy asses on gravel)