ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2013, 06:33 PM   #91
billgo77
billgo77

Oddometer: 68
Cry Bulz out for shoulder surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by buls4evr View Post
Looks like it will have to be 2014 for me Billgo. Docs just told me I need shoulder surgery and that is Oct 4th...... That left shoulder never healed after the Oct 2012 streetbike crash. Looks like 6 wks or so (no way) without riding afterwards also.
Im sorry to hear the poor luck. The ride won't be the same without you. You were in the running for the farthest distance travelled to participate!, for sure. Not to worry though, you professional athletes get rebuilt and come back even better. Best wishes, and stay subscribed!
Billgo77
billgo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #92
billgo77
billgo77

Track Development

OK, here's the deal. With LooseNut, I act like I don't have time for him and this really puts me out. But, if you reveal a few more tidbits, I'll spend a couple hours checking out your potential roads. Hackrman is with me and MusicallydClined, too. Found some awesome roads once again. This one is so secret, the camera automatically took a grainy shot! I think we saw a chupacabra run across the road at this spot too. It is rumored that genetic mutilation experiments are performed nearby (and relatives married relatives, too!) More to come...

I love what they call county roads around here.

Old 09-16-2013, 06:21 PM   #93
nickgindy
Doing it Wrong

Oddometer: 2,310
This ride involve overnight camping?

2003 Sv650s; 2012 BMW F650GS; 1999 Suzuki Dr 350se; 2009 GSXR 600
http://www.youtube.com/fetuss10
nickgindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:33 PM   #94
billgo77
billgo77

Overnight Washington- Hotel and/or Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgindy View Post
Loosenut will do a better job answering this, and the waypoints will be on the final gpx file, but yes, overnight camping is available in Washington IN. It's at Glendale Park, south of town. There will be hotel options to, and group rates. more to come.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:38 PM   #95
crash alot
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 175
Quote:
see post #72 and #76..............there will be more advisories , information, when he posts the gps file
2011 ducati multi 1200 S
2011 DR 650
crash alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:40 PM   #96
crash alot
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by billgo77 View Post
OK, here's the deal. With LooseNut, I act like I don't have time for him and this really puts me out. But, if you reveal a few more tidbits, I'll spend a couple hours checking out your potential roads. Hackrman is with me and MusicallydClined, too. Found some awesome roads once again. This one is so secret, the camera automatically took a grainy shot! I think we saw a chupacabra run across the road at this spot too. It is rumored that genetic mutilation experiments are performed nearby (and relatives married relatives, too!) More to come...

I love what they call county roads around here.

I predict, I WILL HIT A DEER ON THIS ROAD AT A VERY FAST SPEED
2011 ducati multi 1200 S
2011 DR 650
Old 09-16-2013, 07:46 PM   #97
crash alot
Gnarly Adventurer

DAMN BILL, I SHOULD HAVE CHECKED MY EMAIL MORE OFTEN, I WOULD HAVE WENT ALONG.

IVE BEEN TRYING TO WING MYSELF OFF THE GRID........

ALSO LOOKS LIKE I MISSED THE LBL 200.....DID ANYBODY GO?
2011 ducati multi 1200 S
2011 DR 650
Old 09-16-2013, 08:04 PM   #98
nickgindy
Doing it Wrong

Oddometer: 2,310
I'm putting vacation time in tomorrow.

2003 Sv650s; 2012 BMW F650GS; 1999 Suzuki Dr 350se; 2009 GSXR 600
http://www.youtube.com/fetuss10
nickgindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:33 AM   #99
AC909
Great Job!

Oddometer: 998
Quote:
I'm putting vacation time in tomorrow.
You wont regret it, this is one not to be missed!
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1010764
AC909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:40 AM   #100
musicallydeclind
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
That's me on the Dizzer. I rode Billgo77's WR last year and met a lot of you. I had so much fun, I drove down to Kentucky and bought the Dizzer. It's not quite farkled enough yet and I don't have GPS so honk if you see me shoot off course. I've ridden most of the Sunday track and it's gonna be a blast.

Musicallydeclind aka Sweazy
musicallydeclind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:53 PM   #101
voodoo child
No Quittin' Sense

Oddometer: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash alot View Post
ALSO LOOKS LIKE I MISSED THE LBL 200.....DID ANYBODY GO?
KYMike & I went to LBL...........first time for both of us. Other than falling down alot, we had a good time. I know I'm in for next year, KYMike is not so sure

I hope to do the LooseNut ride with voodoo_wife - if I can find her a street legal dual sport in time.

Will there be any (somewhat) secure parking for a truck & trailer for Saturday nite if we're able to come up?
Old 09-18-2013, 05:51 AM   #102
musicallydeclind
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo child View Post
KYMike & I went to LBL...........first time for both of us. Other than falling down alot, we had a good time. I know I'm in for next year, KYMike is not so sure

I hope to do the LooseNut ride with voodoo_wife - if I can find her a street legal dual sport in time.

Will there be any (somewhat) secure parking for a truck & trailer for Saturday nite if we're able to come up?
Parking shouldn't be a problem. There is some well-lit parking just beyond the gas station we're starting at in front of the BMV or the Super Walmart is just across the highway.
musicallydeclind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:05 PM   #103
voodoo child
No Quittin' Sense

Oddometer: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicallydeclind View Post
Parking shouldn't be a problem. There is some well-lit parking just beyond the gas station we're starting at in front of the BMV or the Super Walmart is just across the highway.
Great!....hopefully we can find the wifey a bike before November.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:12 AM   #104
buls4evr
No Marks....

Oddometer: 2,318
Quote:
Im sorry to hear the poor luck. The ride won't be the same without you. You were in the running for the farthest distance travelled to participate!, for sure. Not to worry though, you professional athletes get rebuilt and come back even better. Best wishes, and stay subscribed!
Billgo77
Talked to surgeon for pre-op yesterday. He has done literally 1K shoulder surgeries on everything from MSU athletes to Olympians. He says he can make me better than new.I liked him right away....funny, no preaching about dangerous sports etc.He said I did not look like the average 63 yr. old to him and would recover nicely. I told him I had a high pain threshhold from crashing bikes.... He said that sounded like a challenge to his PTs. Looks like X-Mas before I get to start PT though. I would not have won the "distance award " though, as I was going to bring a guy from Traverse City with me! That is 220 mile NORTH of my place... Next Year for sure.
buls4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:46 AM   #105
billgo77
billgo77

63 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by buls4evr View Post
Talked to surgeon for pre-op yesterday. He has done literally 1K shoulder surgeries on everything from MSU athletes to Olympians. He says he can make me better than new.I liked him right away....funny, no preaching about dangerous sports etc.He said I did not look like the average 63 yr. old to him and would recover nicely. I told him I had a high pain threshhold from crashing bikes.... He said that sounded like a challenge to his PTs. Looks like X-Mas before I get to start PT though. I would not have won the "distance award " though, as I was going to bring a guy from Traverse City with me! That is 220 mile NORTH of my place... Next Year for sure.
Bulz I had no idea you were 63 years old. My parents taught me to be nice to older people, I'll start treating you better!!! I look forward to seeing you next year.