ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 08:55 PM   #1
dmac1 OP
Desert SW Luvr

Oddometer: 674
Pissed New Monument - Rio Grande del Norte

What do you boys in New Mexico have to say about the action of our fearless leader frick and his sidekick frack (er...salazar)? Personally, I can't stand either of them, but I'd like to hear your thoughts about the land that they have just designated to be a monument.

Here is a link to AARA where you can easily send an objection

https://secure3.convio.net/arra/site/Advocacy?pagename=homepage&page=UserAction&id=457&autologin=true

Next step for frick....Canyonlands...probably as his term nears an end. Send him your viewpoints now cuz I'm sure he'll listen.

dmac1 screwed with this post 03-25-2013 at 09:16 PM
dmac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:12 AM   #2
CaptRick
On dry land 4 now.....

Oddometer: 4,748
I sure as hell didn't vote for the big O!
Those of you that did, I tried to warn you.....

Growing older every day but never growing up.

NMOHVA, COHVCO, AMA
CaptRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:56 AM   #3
AtomicGeo
Chile Eater

Oddometer: 4,064
A collection of democratic senators and congressman, their belief that a controlled monument would "stimulate" the local economy and preserve the archaeology leads to the stupidest land grab by king Odrama. I am going to ride the lands anyway, no way they can enforce it.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:01 AM   #4
mtech1950
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 415
l

george, does this include where 87 comes across the john dunn bridge? also there's a bunch of singletrack north of the bridge along the east side, you access from arroyo seco.
mtech1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:12 AM   #5
grizCP
DROC

Oddometer: 330
To some extent, I get why Colorado is under attack of "the green regime," but I just don't get why NM is... Sparse population, lots of open area, and half the state of population didn't move there from California in the 90s... Are these proposed monuments busy areas of tourism already?
Old 03-26-2013, 08:21 AM   #6
AtomicGeo
Chile Eater

Oddometer: 4,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtech1950 View Post
george, does this include where 87 comes across the john dunn bridge? also there's a bunch of singletrack north of the bridge along the east side, you access from arroyo seco.
Yes.

This is also a result of the proposition that was presented by our previous esteemed interior secretary to the the artsy fartsy transplant types in Taos - a "true representation" of the gente from north NM.

Notice how the monument didn't cross into his state where he grazes his cattle for his ranch operation.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:14 AM   #7
_Magoo_
master of disaster....

Oddometer: 5,351
Pissed

The worst thing about this is that there is no public outcry this time. We just lost almost all of the territory between the Sange de Cristo’s and Hwy 285. There will be few to no roads within 10 years. It is time to vote these scumbags out.

_Magoo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:29 AM   #8
dmac1 OP
Desert SW Luvr

Oddometer: 674
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by burque magoo View Post
The worst thing about this is that there is no public outcry this time. We just lost almost all of the territory between the Sange de Cristo’s and Hwy 285. There will be few to no roads within 10 years. It is time to vote these scumbags out.
I perhaps missed something, but I didn't even know they were considering this. As AARA says, the 'public' meeting they apparently had at some point in the past was a total sham.

Just LOVE the direction our country is going. Right down the crapper and all of us with it. Just one thing after another...and the biggie is yet to come.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:50 AM   #9
Ditch
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,055
While Obama signed the bill, our esteemed state reps and senators were patting their selves on the back again for "attracting at least 15 million a year in new revenue from tourism" Of course they forgot all the money they will spend on paved roads to scenic vistas and authorized camping areas to be patrolled by soon to be furloughed federal employees after they close it all due to a lack of operating funds.

I guess I'm a glass half empty sort of guy.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:52 AM   #10
modette
RMAR

Oddometer: 4,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicXRer View Post
A collection of democratic senators and congressman, their belief that a controlled monument would "stimulate" the local economy and preserve the archaeology leads to the stupidest land grab by king Odrama. I am going to ride the lands anyway, no way they can enforce it.
Yep, as time goes on and we loose more places to LEGALLY ride what do they think people will do? Not like they can enforce any of this, they can hardly enforce the stuff they have now. So okay take all the land good luck in ever enforcing anything. (And no I don't want to ride that way but lets not kid ourselves in thinking this stops people). As a few rangers told me, they are a 9-5 organization for the most part you can do what you want at night (hence when most of the stuff happens like dumping).
modette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:54 AM   #11
modette
RMAR

Oddometer: 4,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditch View Post
While Obama signed the bill, our esteemed state reps and senators were patting their selves on the back again for "attracting at least 15 million a year in new revenue from tourism" Of course they forgot all the money they will spend on paved roads to scenic vistas and authorized camping areas to be patrolled by soon to be furloughed federal employees after they close it all due to a lack of operating funds.

I guess I'm a glass half empty sort of guy.

Yep, I bet USFS will have a lot of cuts....again good luck patrolling areas especially with cuts or at least no new hires.
modette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:25 AM   #12
mtech1950
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 415
rg

chris,"vote these scumbags out?", seriously? northern liberal hispanic democrats? how long you been here? those dudes are entrenched as anything i have ever seen. it would take more than a wholesale demographic shift, i mean every conservative texan would have to move here. big problem......no foreseeable solution.....the time to vote them out was 70 years ago.....
mtech1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:32 AM   #13
Hair
Outside the boxer

Oddometer: 13,721
Just an FYI, This administration lags past administrations in converting public lands into Off-limit lands.

I understand your frustrations. It would be nice if took some time to get your facts straight. You might even start voting based upon facts. But that might be to much to ask.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:48 AM   #14
_Magoo_
master of disaster....

Oddometer: 5,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtech1950 View Post
chris,"vote these scumbags out?", seriously? northern liberal hispanic democrats? how long you been here? those dudes are entrenched as anything i have ever seen. it would take more than a wholesale demographic shift, i mean every conservative texan would have to move here. big problem......no foreseeable solution.....the time to vote them out was 70 years ago.....
All of my life, Ev; except for the 4 years of high school I spent in San Antonio......and no, I don't think we want every conservative Texan to move here.........do you have any other solution?

_Magoo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:35 PM   #15
hook0924
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 350
Pissed Less access

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicXRer View Post
You can expect that soon they will try to make the area "Roadless" much like the push under Gore/Clinton in the 90's. Im hoping that the recent push for abortion and gay marriage will cull their(Liberals) heard but too slowly for my liking. Maybe North Korea will step in and take care of California, creating enough of a diversion that I can get some riding in. New Mexico voters put the spineless bastards in office and keep them there for life. That's what we get for having more people that vote for a living than work for a living.