ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > 2 smokers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-20-2013, 09:35 AM   #211
Valleyrider
I Survived The '60s
 
Valleyrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Idaho Panhandler
Oddometer: 1,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffS77 View Post
I added twin shocker to my ignore list long ago..and you can to....it just hides anything he posts and if nobody ever quoted him in a thread it would be like he was never there.

He is an Internet expert.. I know the people that really know their shit (ie real world experiance) and those that don't...he falls in the later.

No lets just all ignore him and never quote him again and it will be like he has disappeared
Yeah Jeff, I'd been putting this off for a while just to see if he/she had anything worthwhile to offer.

BYE BYE Twin Shocker.... You have the honor of being at the top of my ignore list!!
__________________
http://www.flickr.com/photos/14934865@N07/
'07 1250 Bandit, '06 650 VStrom, '78 SR500E
'68 Yamaha DT1, '78 TT500 and no money
http://www.flickr.com/photos/48000856@N06/
Valleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:42 PM   #212
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Oddometer: 1,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleyrider View Post
Yeah Jeff, I'd been putting this off for a while just to see if he/she had anything worthwhile to offer.

BYE BYE Twin Shocker.... You have the honor of being at the top of my ignore list!!

I would have thought that anyone running a 2T premix bike, would have found information related to the reasons why its not a good idea to use autolube oils in these bikes, would have most certainly been worthwhile information?

Trolls are all very well, but when they are proved to be trolls by both oil manufacturer technical data, and email direct from manufacturer tech department, its easy to see why they choose to slink away back under their various bridges...................lol
Twin-shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:48 PM   #213
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Oddometer: 1,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
I've found most of the thread interesting. Some of the info from both sides may be debatable. Your credibility is in question as far as I'm concerned because you've given no experience or background on yourself. You don't even have a damned profile. Are YOU just quoting others with no actual understanding of your own? I don't really think anybody has gained anything here.

If you like I can direct you to Amsoil tech data, which proves my posts are wholly correct, and if there is any doubt about that, I also have an email from their tech department which also verifies the fact I am correct.

Those taking issue with chemistry and manufacturers information, in a forlorn attempt to prove their own ridiculous claims are valid, dont seem to have any credibility at all (unless proving themselves to be idiots counts for anything?).
Twin-shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:53 PM   #214
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Oddometer: 1,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherguy View Post
You've proven nothing. Said a great deal but no proof. Not to mention I'm the only one to post actual photographic proof of my results. Let's see some of yours.

Talk is cheap.
If you missed it I can direct you to the Amsoil tech data sheet that was discussed earlier in this thread, and if you feel thats not worth serious consideration, then I suggest you email Amsoil tech, who will confirm that the autolube oil favoured by several of the gurus on here, does in fact contain up to 30% solvent content, and certainly cannot be regarded as fully synthetic as they claim!
Twin-shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:55 PM   #215
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Oddometer: 1,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleyrider View Post
Advise that should be taken TS....

Certainly is valley.................especially by those who have little understanding or first hand knowledge of the subject being discussed!
Twin-shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:16 PM   #216
joexr
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: S.E.
Oddometer: 3,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin-shocker View Post
If you missed it I can direct you to the Amsoil tech data sheet that was discussed earlier in this thread, and if you feel thats not worth serious consideration, then I suggest you email Amsoil tech, who will confirm that the autolube oil favoured by several of the gurus on here, does in fact contain up to 30% solvent content, and certainly cannot be regarded as fully synthetic as they claim!
I'm not a chemist , but why can't a solvent be synthetic? Years ago some oils said they were prediluted. So now your blurb word has changed from kerosene to solvent. Has anyone looked into if there are solvents in the premix oils?
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:24 AM   #217
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Oddometer: 1,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
I'm not a chemist , but why can't a solvent be synthetic? Years ago some oils said they were prediluted. So now your blurb word has changed from kerosene to solvent. Has anyone looked into if there are solvents in the premix oils?
The solvent used in Amsoil (at least according to tech data sheet) is white spirit. As the particular Amsoil autolube product favoured by several of the "experts" posting here for use in their pre-mix bikes, contains up to 30% white spirit, this oil clearly isnt fully synthetic, and due to it being very thin, is certainly not ideally suited for use in competition bikes which may be used infrequently.


I have already stated the purpose of solvents in 2T oils several times, and if you are interested at all, then have a look at my previous posts.
Twin-shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:16 PM   #218
joexr
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: S.E.
Oddometer: 3,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin-shocker View Post
The solvent used in Amsoil (at least according to tech data sheet) is white spirit. As the particular Amsoil autolube product favoured by several of the "experts" posting here for use in their pre-mix bikes, contains up to 30% white spirit, this oil clearly isnt fully synthetic, and due to it being very thin, is certainly not ideally suited for use in competition bikes which may be used infrequently.


I have already stated the purpose of solvents in 2T oils several times, and if you are interested at all, then have a look at my previous posts.
I've read this whole damned thread. You're not answering the questions. Why can't solvents be synthetic and do you know for a FACT that premix oils NEVER contain these solvents. Do you know for fact that the solvents are there to thin the antismoke agents?
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:35 PM   #219
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Oddometer: 1,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
I've read this whole damned thread. You're not answering the questions. Why can't solvents be synthetic and do you know for a FACT that premix oils NEVER contain these solvents. Do you know for fact that the solvents are there to thin the antismoke agents?

As the Amsoil MSDS makes clear the solvent used at up to 30% in one of their "fully synthetic" autolube oils, is in fact white spirit, it seems at least in the case of Amsoil the solvent they use isnt in fact synthetic.

As I have outlined several times in previous posts all 2T oils which are JASO, API, or ISO rated, are all low smoke types and will most certainly contain solvent to thin the very thick PIB additives used to reduce smoke.

Pre-mix type oils which are rated will contain less solvent, as there is no need for the very low viscosity required for use in autolube systems.

Best possible 2T of all for use in pre-mix competition bikes, is a full synthetic PRE-MIX ONLY type, ideally which isnt JASO, API, or ISO rated (these types may not contain low smoke additives, and related solvents).

This is very very good 2T oil, though its for pre-mix bikes only and not suitable for autolube systems: http://datasheets.bp.com/bpglis/FusionPDS.nsf/0/0911C0D9ABF74A48802577ED00480FBF/$file/BPXE-85KRE4_0.pdf

Twin-shocker screwed with this post 06-21-2013 at 01:01 PM
Twin-shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:50 PM   #220
joexr
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: S.E.
Oddometer: 3,773
So there IS solvent [ which you say MUST be non-synthetic ] in premix oils. At what percentage? And for what purpose? This percentage subtracted from the 30% you say autolube oils contains makes that 30% less of a difference.
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:38 PM   #221
Ron Bernert
hiding in plain sight
 
Ron Bernert's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Oxford, Ohio
Oddometer: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin-shocker View Post

But I dont really have the time to take part in endless and futile debate, with posters whose only grasp of the subject being discussed seems to be related to often ridiculous manufacturers advertising blurb, so this will be my final post on this thread.



Geez. You lied about "my final post"...

Guys, I'm kinda a newbie to 2T stuff (besides chainsaws, etc..).. I've been using Lucas full synthetic 2T oil.. Is it really going to hurt my Fantic, or should I hunt down some of this fancy-schmancy Motul/Silkoline/Repsol stuff? I'm only playing around with it in the back yard and maybe put around 3-4 hours on it so far.... Thanks.
__________________
Got it! Got it! Got it! Don't got it.

'77 BMW R100RS euro, '95 BMW R1100GS, '71 BMW R75/5 SWB, '68 BMW R60/2 (in boxes), '82 Suzuki GS450, '98 Triumph Thunderbird Sport
Ron Bernert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:07 AM   #222
joexr
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: S.E.
Oddometer: 3,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Bernert View Post
Geez. You lied about "my final post"...

Guys, I'm kinda a newbie to 2T stuff (besides chainsaws, etc..).. I've been using Lucas full synthetic 2T oil.. Is it really going to hurt my Fantic, or should I hunt down some of this fancy-schmancy Motul/Silkoline/Repsol stuff? I'm only playing around with it in the back yard and maybe put around 3-4 hours on it so far.... Thanks.
A long as you don't use gas station or auto parts store outboard oil it'll be fine.
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:18 AM   #223
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Oddometer: 1,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
So there IS solvent [ which you say MUST be non-synthetic ] in premix oils. At what percentage? And for what purpose? This percentage subtracted from the 30% you say autolube oils contains makes that 30% less of a difference.

As you seem to be getting rather confused I suggest you have a look at the MSDS related to the Amsoil autolube oil, which is favoured by several posters on here, for use in their pre-mix bikes.

Personally I choose to avoid autolube oils for pre-mix use, as they are very thin and this means compromised corrosion protection.

Twin-shocker screwed with this post 06-22-2013 at 04:49 AM
Twin-shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:25 AM   #224
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Oddometer: 1,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Bernert View Post
Geez. You lied about "my final post"...

Guys, I'm kinda a newbie to 2T stuff (besides chainsaws, etc..).. I've been using Lucas full synthetic 2T oil.. Is it really going to hurt my Fantic, or should I hunt down some of this fancy-schmancy Motul/Silkoline/Repsol stuff? I'm only playing around with it in the back yard and maybe put around 3-4 hours on it so far.... Thanks.

If you run autolube type 2T oils at 50:1 ratio, they will work just fine (but will provide reduced corrosion protection, over pre-mix types) However its certainly not a good idea to use 2T oils with high solvent content, for serious competition use at much leaner mix ratios.

For serious competition use on pre-mix bikes, its best to use a genuine full synthetic 2T oil, and not the thinned down stuff that is wrongly advertised as being full synthetic.

Twin-shocker screwed with this post 06-22-2013 at 04:50 AM
Twin-shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:18 AM   #225
Ron Bernert
hiding in plain sight
 
Ron Bernert's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Oxford, Ohio
Oddometer: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
A long as you don't use gas station or auto parts store outboard oil it'll be fine.
Thanks. I'm new to Trials, having yet to get the bike out of the back yard.. I'll get some of the better stuff and start using it. I sure don't want to damage anything..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin-shocker View Post
If you run autolube type 2T oils at 50:1 ratio, they will work just fine (but will provide reduced corrosion protection, over pre-mix types) However its certainly not a good idea to use 2T oils with high solvent content, for serious competition use at much leaner mix ratios.

For serious competition use on pre-mix bikes, its best to use a genuine full synthetic 2T oil, and not the thinned down stuff that is wrongly advertised as being full synthetic.
Autolube, autolube, autolube. TS, I use these forums to gain good info and have crossed your path lately on several threads. I am confused and intrigued by you. You seem to be a wealth of information, yet you also seem to know nothing at all. I see the same quotes over and over while the request to actually see mention of what you ride or your past experience is ignored. I would LIKE to believe what you say yet "Troll" comes to mind due to the fact that (it seems) that very few actually agree with you and your posts, and you have not proven that you actually OWN a motorcycle versus a computer keyboard.
So I'll bite. What's your Trials experience?

Please don't say Autolube.
__________________
Got it! Got it! Got it! Don't got it.

'77 BMW R100RS euro, '95 BMW R1100GS, '71 BMW R75/5 SWB, '68 BMW R60/2 (in boxes), '82 Suzuki GS450, '98 Triumph Thunderbird Sport
Ron Bernert is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014