Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2013, 06:37 PM   #436
anotherguy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by stainlesscycle View Post
everytime you post something, i get this mental image of you.

Nah more like this.

Old 07-02-2013, 12:12 AM   #437
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherguy View Post
Nah more like this.

I like it..........................a great example of troll humour!
Twin-shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:22 AM   #438
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slideways View Post
We don't ride trials bikes we ride MX bikes which as you have admitted need more lubrication.

You are the only person who thinks that XR77 is superior to any other top shelf oil out there. NO PROOF!

XR77 has been discontinued probably because nobody was impressed with it enough to pay more for than the current oil they are using.

There is no best oil they are all equally good. If the bike is jetted properly and the fuel is good the bike will perform up to its potential regardless of the oil brand.

If you are using ethanol blended fuel you need more oil to protect your engine not less.

Less is not more when it comes to lubricating a 2 stk.

I use TTS RS because it consistently produces good results over a wide range of conditions. I have also used Blendzall,Spectro, BelRay and Yamalube R with equally good results.

You could run just about any oil in your slow bike and it would do fine. Low compression, low RPM does not require much to keep it going.

The fact is 2T oils are not all equal, and manufacturer advertising blurb contains an awful lot of BS!

XR77 is currently very likely the best possible choice for any serious 2T competition usage, and is a product that has recently been introduced to supersede the now discontinued A747, castor/synthetic blend.

Greenwash is something that most likely means you cant get XR77 in the US, as its not tree hugger friendly (low smoke), which is a shame as it doesnt contain solvents and as such is a much better choice for pre-mix machines being used seriously.

For less serious or playbike use, the autolube tree hugger oils popular in the US are just fine, but personally I would never chose an autolube oil, as even on a playbike long engine life is important.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:28 AM   #439
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Bernert View Post
I must say that this thread is incredibly entertaining, especially because it's re-run season on TV......
Actually, engine life is secondary if you're serious enough. Peak horsepower or performance is needed to win, so engine life is secondary in the 'serious competition' you keep referring to. As long as an engine wins, it gets rebuilt/replaced/freshened however often it takes to keep winning.

Maybe, just maybe the information YOU are referring to isn't good for the masses, TS. Just a thought.

GAME ON!!!!

Thing is Ron not one of those who chose to use autolube rather than a product specifically designed for pre-mix use, has been able to clarify why the very thin autolube oil is superior to a full synthetic pre mix only type?

I get the feeling that you cant get non solvent 2T race oils in the US, due to tree huggers, but I would suggest a pre-mix type with less solvent is probably the one to chose.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:31 AM   #440
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherguy View Post
Boy you really reveal more of your ignorance as time goes by. 2nd over does not mean 2nd piston.

I know exactly what second over means................that type of wear, seems to suggest very limited or very gentle usage over a 33 year period, on a big bore bike with cast iron cylinder liner.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:09 PM   #441
Valvesarefortoilets
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
Fun fact: my dads good friend ran a 1976 Hercules 175gs at 16:1 ratio with castrol r (ya, crazy) and it never failed the old piston port. Even better is that after 15 years of it sitting in his shed caked in mud me and my dad revived it in about 20 min by popping out the old bing carb bowl and dumping the green jello'ish liquid inside and putting some fresh premix in (32:1). The 16:1 also save the tank from any rusting inside! that crazy ratio was good for something

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
Valvesarefortoilets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:45 AM   #442
craydds OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,129
YZ400 rebuild

I pulled the motor out of my 1976 YZ400. A old-school mechanic in Alamogordo,NM is in the process of overhauling the motor. The service manual calls for a 14:1 mix for the break-in runs (possibly a 12:1 mix for the first start-up, don't have the manual in my hands, mechanic has it).
ABC #12947
'75 R90S

craydds screwed with this post 08-29-2013 at 06:46 AM Reason: '76
craydds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:16 PM   #443
Valvesarefortoilets
Adventurer

So how to you guys feel about Walmart brand outboard premix oil?

Old 09-07-2013, 08:27 PM   #444
anotherguy
Beastly Adventurer

What are you going to run it in?
Old 09-08-2013, 04:20 AM   #445
Valvesarefortoilets
Adventurer

I run it in everything. Lawnboys dirtbikes weedwackers. All 32:1
Old 09-08-2013, 09:42 AM   #446
anotherguy
Beastly Adventurer

TC-W3 is a tough standard. It's good oil................but it's not motorcycle oil.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:06 AM   #447
Valvesarefortoilets
Adventurer

Well I've found it works great with a splash of Castrol r

Old 09-13-2013, 09:38 AM   #448
KX50002
NooB, my ass

Oddometer: 1,627
We've been running blendzall at 32:1 for as longas I can remember, haven't had an engine failure yet. Plus it smells really good!
Old 09-13-2013, 11:31 AM   #449
dhallilama
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by KX50002 View Post
We've been running blendzall at 32:1 for as longas I can remember, haven't had an engine failure yet. Plus it smells really good!
it does smell damn good...

i've been running motul 710 for quite a while, but have been tempted to switch back to blendzall or klotz super techniplate, partially because of the smell.

the 710 has an odor that i think is faint, but the wife hates. the other day i had a friend's bike in the garage with a castor premix, fired it up... she asked if i was making french fries.

say what ya will, but a happy wife is definitely on the positives side when choosing an oil
dhallilama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:14 PM   #450
KX50002
NooB, my ass

Oddometer: 1,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhallilama View Post
it does smell damn good...

i've been running motul 710 for quite a while, but have been tempted to switch back to blendzall or klotz super techniplate, partially because of the smell.

the 710 has an odor that i think is faint, but the wife hates. the other day i had a friend's bike in the garage with a castor premix, fired it up... she asked if i was making french fries.

say what ya will, but a happy wife is definitely on the positives side when choosing an oil
I put some blendzall in everything for awhile, even 4 strokes... just for the smell! But it's a pricey air freshener LOL