User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #16
Schleprock
Let's Do This!

Oddometer: 111
Buzzkill!

Thanks for the info Griz! Back to the Heidi.
Schleprock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:39 PM   #17
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Oddometer: 3,785
No prob. Yeah their website is hard to locate but this page spells out what they make. Hard to read German but you can see their webshop sells lots of different brands of tires. Just look for "Mefo Sport" in the "Hersteller" (manufacturer) column.

http://www.mefo-shop.de/Reifen/Enduro%20Strasse/

The Griz screwed with this post 04-07-2013 at 09:33 AM
The Griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:52 PM   #18
motocrotts
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 191
Can you run the Mefo's on tubeless rims?
14 Sherco 2.9
few other oldies
motocrotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:54 PM   #19
Schleprock
Let's Do This!

Oddometer: 111
Yes.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #20
KTMSAM
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoran View Post
MEFO SE rear and TKC80 up front make a great reasonably long lasting 50/50 setup.
This is the setup I'm looking to do for my 990 once the stock rubber wears out, is the TKC80 decent on the highway? I have a trip to the Pikes Peak international hillclimb in June and will be putting on 2,500 miles of pavement but once I return I want to ride a lot of dirt and have heard from many people that the Mefo and TKC80 is a great combo, I just hate to put the front on and kiss it goodbye down the highway in a week.

Any suggestions??? I greatly appreciate the help!
Old 04-07-2013, 10:32 AM   #21
slackmeyer
Don't mean sheeit. .

Oddometer: 2,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by motocrotts View Post
Can you run the Mefo's on tubeless rims?
They can be a bit hard to seat if you're running them tubeless, the tire isn't quite as good at sealing up as a real tubeless tire. But I've run them tubeless for many miles and they work fine- some of them seem to lose a psi every few days for their whole lives, some don't.

ktm
old bmw
others
slackmeyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #22
FakeName
Wile E Coyote SuperGenius

Oddometer: 1,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMSAM View Post
will be putting on 2,500 miles of pavement but once I return I want to ride a lot of dirt a
Yeah, me too.

2011 White 990 Adv S
2014 500EXC Black
FakeName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:16 PM   #23
Scott Baja
el semental negro

Oddometer: 232
Who is a resonably priced source for the rear Mefo SE? For what its worth, I like the TKC front. Great offroad, and last good.(I rarely air down, and usually run a couple pounds more)
Old 04-07-2013, 01:42 PM   #24
rotarygirder
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Quote:
This is the setup I'm looking to do for my 990 once the stock rubber wears out, is the TKC80 decent on the highway? I have a trip to the Pikes Peak international hillclimb in June and will be putting on 2,500 miles of pavement but once I return I want to ride a lot of dirt and have heard from many people that the Mefo and TKC80 is a great combo, I just hate to put the front on and kiss it goodbye down the highway in a week.

I put a mefo rear and tkc front on my 990 in October. It's been about 7-8000 miles on the pair since that has included a big offroad trip when new (they were great) and a few offroad afternoons since worn (they do just fine) as well as superslabbing it across the country and on daily commuting. The front is now cupped pretty well, the rear has a minor flat strip in the middle, and the pair has gotten slightly wiggly if riding hard on pavement but I have no real complaints. I hated the on-road handling change from the stock scorpions when I first put them on but now I have no complaints, great combo.
rotarygirder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:55 PM   #25
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Oddometer: 3,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Baja View Post
Who is a resonably priced source for the rear Mefo SE? For what its worth, I like the TKC front. Great offroad, and last good.(I rarely air down, and usually run a couple pounds more)
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/tire-...venture-others

http://www.ktmtwins.com/mefo-rear-tire

http://www.motostrano.com/MEFO-p/mef...oSEACg&click=2

$180 is standard price. If you find one for $170 it's a steal. Cheers.
The Griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:36 PM   #26
codys
Lost in the Vizcaino

Oddometer: 1,246
Quote:

That's my combo for 50/50 and big miles. The tkc will cup but if you flip the tire or rotors it evens out a bit and will give you the mileage you might need.

Give APEX motorsports a call in Colorado Springs. Reserve a set of tires (they price their tires very well) for when you arrive. Now you can burn up your current rubber and have fresh for your riding around here and the ride home.

I'm planning on heading your way this fall and will be shipping tires to a buddy up there. It's a little pain but very nice to have fresh rubber for the non highway portion of a ride.

Cody
Old 04-07-2013, 06:56 PM   #27
KTMSAM
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by codys View Post
That's my combo for 50/50 and big miles. The tkc will cup but if you flip the tire or rotors it evens out a bit and will give you the mileage you might need.

Give APEX motorsports a call in Colorado Springs. Reserve a set of tires (they price their tires very well) for when you arrive. Now you can burn up your current rubber and have fresh for your riding around here and the ride home.

I'm planning on heading your way this fall and will be shipping tires to a buddy up there. It's a little pain but very nice to have fresh rubber for the non highway portion of a ride.

Cody
Thanks everyone! If my current tires last that long, I will definitely do that. It would be awesome to save that 1,300 miles on the sweet tires. If you're ever going to be in the Duluth area, send me a message!
Old 04-08-2013, 06:12 AM   #28
Beema Killa OP
Beema Killa

Oddometer: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipman View Post
How in the hell do you get 6k on a mefo? I get 3k max. wanna know. Love them but can't get that out of them.
I live in Canada. More than half of those km's are at temps at, just above,
or below freezing. Harder rubber lasts longer. That's all.
Beema Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:11 PM   #29
what car??
down the road

Oddometer: 368
Give APEX motorsports a call in Colorado Springs.

+1 for those guys.

I bought my Mefo set up from them before leaving for Central America. Talk to Shelley, she'll help you out. Would buy them again from them, but I live in northern Colorado, not that that deters me from the trip south mind you .

I've ran two sets of Mefo SE on my 990. First set I got 7800+ miles before changing second set over 9800 miles, changed each set with life left in them. I'll mount them up again!! Front tire of course cupped but nothing I would worry about. Would like to use a more aggressive tire for the front for greater off road handling, but you're not tearing it up off road loaded with full kit, at least I don't anyway. Mi dos centavos.
what car?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:29 PM   #30
men8ifr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 383
Performance in sand vs 908RR

I keep looking at these for my Morocco trips but went with a 908RR last time whick just about lasts OK if I take a road tyre to do the mileage through europe first.

The thing that puts me off if not knowing how good it would be in sand.. it's got to be worse than the 908RR right... I don't want to get there to find out the tyre's no good and I can't ride in sand (that would exclude most of the good pistes).
men8ifr is offline   Reply With Quote