Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2013, 02:26 PM   #16
servdave
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inelastic View Post
damn it...

But that is a reasonable wait, at least to know if the updates are worthy... I'm just trying to stretch my $$$ like a Romanian gymnast if the new ones are the same price and all....thanks for the info, do u have any links of said rumors?
Just been talking to a few people on the trade who have hinted at interesting things, as to weather it's GS related I don't know. Don't know how much they could update the next 800 but who knows!
servdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:31 PM   #17
bastimentos
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by servdave View Post
Just been talking to a few people on the trade who have hinted at interesting things, as to weather it's GS related I don't know. Don't know how much they could update the next 800 but who knows!
That is one of the vaguest things i've ever read
bastimentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:03 PM   #18
servdave
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastimentos View Post
Of course it's vague! I don't know anything! If I could get any more information I would!
servdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:04 PM   #19
JakeOfAllTrades
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Quote:
Also, the Middle East is having a rather bad "tourist" season...careful how you pronounce "tourist"
LMAO! Well it sounds like you're still able to make light of it all and enjoy life amidst the mania, so more power to ya brother!
As for my couple bits of copper-coated zinc: I just hit 2,400miles on my '13 and I am LOVIN' IT.
While it's probably true not much will change on the '14's, if they did change anything structurally, the delay time for farkles is definitely something to take into account.. there's still 2013-specific parts that only recently came out and are still on back-order, so even if you waited all that time for the '14, you might be stuck waiting again for updated farkles.
JakeOfAllTrades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:10 AM   #20
Inelastic OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastimentos View Post
I've had ex girlfriends make more sense but I take any advice for what's its worth
Inelastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:12 AM   #21
Inelastic OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeOfAllTrades View Post
LMAO! Well it sounds like you're still able to make light of it all and enjoy life amidst the mania, so more power to ya brother!
As for my couple bits of copper-coated zinc: I just hit 2,400miles on my '13 and I am LOVIN' IT.
While it's probably true not much will change on the '14's, if they did change anything structurally, the delay time for farkles is definitely something to take into account.. there's still 2013-specific parts that only recently came out and are still on back-order, so even if you waited all that time for the '14, you might be stuck waiting again for updated farkles.
Thanks jack, I guess I'm realizing not much can change in any given year...I won't get many Farkles at first except for protection, this dream sure is costing a lot.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:33 PM   #22
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,374
Quote:
Thanks Loutre! The tone of your comment sounds like you think waiting is not worth it?
I don't think they'll update it for the next year. It took them over 4 years to update the previous model and that only was about adding ASC and doing a "lifting" to the design. The price will stay the same and the only thing you can do is trying to get a good deal at a dealer. That being said I'd say BMW has other plans for the next year with the watercooled engine out. The first pics of the 1200RT LC are out and if my memory isn't letting me down the roadster is on its way too... not talking about the 1200GSA.
I wouldn't waste tame on this decision. Do it and never look back. I bought my bike in june just before they announced the "lifting", even though I don't have ASC and still the "old face", I never looked back, love my bike and since june I did 21.500kms on it, still counting with a 1500km trip planned next week. Once you have the bike you'll be regretting the time you haven't spend on it
You can be imitated but not replaced. You're such a special blend the recipe is guarded like KFC's 11 herbs and spices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post

Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:28 PM   #23
pkbinder
Helga The Red

Oddometer: 259
Here is a mini-poll for the half dozen who are participating in this thread:

Would you pay an extra grand for electronic cruise control?

Would you pay an extra $500 for an adjustable windscreen?
Old 04-02-2013, 03:59 PM   #24
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbinder View Post

1. Would you pay an extra grand for electronic cruise control?

2. Would you pay an extra $500 for an adjustable windscreen?
1. No I wouldn't. This bike isn't meant to be cruising even though most of us are commuting with it. They're cheap solutions out there starting at 20 bucks like the go cruise throttle control. And wouldn't that ECC mean ride by wire?

2. 500 extra? Sounds like the Dieserto 3 or the Mirage 2 fairing... Well you can always get that aftermarket wise if you like it. It isn't on my toplist and I'm kinda satisfied with my Touratech windscreen solution :o)

You can be imitated but not replaced. You're such a special blend the recipe is guarded like KFC's 11 herbs and spices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post

Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:52 PM   #25
Inelastic OP
Adventurer

Bluhduh Decision Update

Not that its important to y'all but this is what I have decided.

I talked to my BMW dealer and he said I would have to order the bike (2013) in the next production cycle during June, for a delivery in August. Also, that the 2014 will be available in august for delivery in September (Assuming pre-order).

Also, I was in the UK, and a mechanic at BMW (London, Park Lane) confirmed the 2014 release in August, but also said: "Don't hold your breath for much changes in the August release, but halfway through there are rumors of a bigger fuel tank".

So, being that I wont ride much in the summer heat anyways (KSA), I'm waiting till August to order the 2014 bike. Ill just obsess until then
Old 04-30-2013, 02:45 PM   #26
PatrickM
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbinder View Post

Would you pay an extra grand for electronic cruise control?

Would you pay an extra $500 for an adjustable windscreen?
No and no. Like the other poster said, there are $20 solutions out there and once you set a windscreen, you generally just leave it.
PatrickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:20 PM   #27
Lion BR
I'd rather be riding

Oddometer: 3,624
Quote:
I've had ex girlfriends make more sense but I take any advice for what's its worth
Check the thread on the F800GSA...

I'd rather be riding!

Lion BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:25 AM   #28
Fearless Whetu
Aussie Kiwi

Oddometer: 224
Well its now getting toward the end of August, anyone have any info on when the 2014 model will be revealed ?
Fearless Whetu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:59 PM   #29
Agent349
Oculus Auris

Oddometer: 12
2014 F800GS on the way!

A few months ago I was looking into purchasing a 2013, but procrastinated until a little less than two weeks ago. I went back into the dealer to pull the trigger and the info on the 2014 had just come in. The only thing that changed was the safety package is now called "dynamic" package and went up about $100. This includes ESA, ASC, and off-road mode for ABS and ASC. Colors are still the same. Base price is still the same. Being military I was able to get mine OTD for $12636 with Dynamic Package, Comfort Package, and comfort seat. Just received my VIN today and was told my bike would be here in two weeks! So around four weeks from purchase to delivery Keeping my fingers crossed that's true.

2014 F800GS
Agent349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:08 AM   #30
keep it simple!
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
First I ordered the MY 2013 when I heard the changes (dynamic with offroad modus) for the '14.
Cancelled the '13 and ordered the '14 dynamic package included.
Production = week 38,so still 7 nights to sleep
keep it simple! is offline   Reply With Quote