ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 08:45 PM   #1
Pro_Marinero OP
Carbon Sasquatch

Oddometer: 2,086
WSP undercover brothers getting trickier

Yesterday hwy 18 was getting the special love from WSP. There was an early 2000's white Tahoe with no marks which wasn't totally inconspicuous and also a standard marked car. I went through all of that with no issues and was close to Tiger Mountain when I saw a car pull out ahead from the side of the road. I got a little closer and I could see it was a Charger so I figured that was another trooper. I had a guy in a cheesy slammed Nissan pacing me in my blind spot, so I assumed he was eyeing the car too. As we got into the 55 zone heading up Tiger Mt. we kept getting closer to the Charger. I could see black wheels which usually marks the undercover cars but it looked like he had a dealer plate bezel. We pulled a little closer and sure enough it had an Enumclaw dealer plate bezel and radio station and other assorted stickers on the back window and bumper. Both the guy and I made the call at the same time that it wasn't a cop. I downshifted to get by the Nissan next to me and haul ass, but he got on it hard and blew by both me and the Charger. The Charger lit him up and pulled over. I dodged a bullet.

I know this is for "aggressive driving enforcement", but with the number of these stealth rigs out there now it sure seems more like just a revenue grab. Imagine that.
Pro_Marinero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:22 PM   #2
bensgone
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 257
The big revenue grab will come with photo radar speed enforcement on all of the state highways. I understand sno pass on I-90 already has it, no reason they couldn't and won't put it everywhere.
bensgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:02 AM   #3
Tripl Nikl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,604
If they do too much photo enforcement people will start getting "accidently" obscured plates. It takes a real cop to notice and pull a person over for that. I'd prefer that they save cameras for red lights as more and more people just say "eff it!" these days and that's a more serious safety issue in my opinion.

As for unmarked cars, I've seen WSP use non-"cop" cars with regular plates that included registration stickers and misc. plate frames. The WSP really wants to put the "fear" that a Stater could be around into people. In a way, that's not so bad. Maybe people will stop driving like @zzholes at anytime that they think they can get away with it.
Tripl Nikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:03 AM   #4
HotChilliColdBeer
Human Swizzle Stick

Oddometer: 285
It's all downhill from there.
From the Pass I mean.

Charlie
HotChilliColdBeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:11 AM   #5
1911fan
Master of the Obvious

Oddometer: 2,642
There's also a white (?) F250 with a dirtbike in the back. Locally, I got pulled over by a gold, ummm, Impala? or something. No plates, no antennas, and the lights were in the sunvisor and invisible. Until he flipped the visor down and lit me up.
He was a nice guy, and we had a pleasant conversation abotu my KTM speedometer accuracy. I had though it was reading 8-12 over, and the local shop said it might be but there was no fix. He asked what indicated speed I had when he lit me up, and I said "72". He told me that it was reading correctly, and he probably wouldn't have bothered me at sub-70mph, but when I hit 72mph was when he pulled me over.
He let me go with a friendly warning to trust my speedo, and told me the next time he caught me it would be a friendly ticket, lol....

1911fan

Sometimes the light to see your way forward is provided by the bridge burning behind you.
1911fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:50 AM   #6
geezfools
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
There is a white tahoe'ish WSP along I-5 in the lakewood/JBLM area, all tinted with alpinestars and fox stickers on his windows, he's pretty obvious compared to these other ones, geez
geezfools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:14 AM   #7
bensgone
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 257
Yesterday am from graham to grand mound I saw four the only marked one was a gold county (pierce?) pu with gold door stars. Sr 7? IDK.

One every ten miles.
bensgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:17 AM   #8
dillon
Low Speed, High Drag

Oddometer: 1,646
I dont get why some bitch about revenue grabs, you are after all breaking the law and subject to punishment. Dont try to place the blame from you who are doing an illegal/unsafe act on those enforcing the laws.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:16 PM   #9
Jimmy the Heater
Tilting the Horizon

Oddometer: 1,847
Spokane has a Burgundy Volvo 850? Station Wagon that takes a sharp eye to see the lights on.

Also around the Palouse 195 corridor there is a green and grey Subaru sedan that's pretty stealthy.
Jimmy the Heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:35 PM   #10
1911fan
Master of the Obvious

Oddometer: 2,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillon View Post
I dont get why some bitch about revenue grabs, you are after all breaking the law and subject to punishment. Dont try to place the blame from you who are doing an illegal/unsafe act on those enforcing the laws.

It's a game. We cheat, they write tickets. Part of life. Those of us who don't want tickets don't break the laws. Of course we bitch because we get caught! It's not fair!

1911fan

Sometimes the light to see your way forward is provided by the bridge burning behind you.
1911fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:06 PM   #11
HotChilliColdBeer
Human Swizzle Stick

Oddometer: 285
Quote:
Word.

I've never been pulled over for 'speeding' when I wasn't 'speeding'.

Charlie
HotChilliColdBeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:14 PM   #12
Dorian
Xlg carbon footprint

Oddometer: 686
Quote:
Speed and get busted okay. The "bitch" I have is don't feed me bullshit that it's about "safety" when it is really all about revenue.

- Dorian

www.psermc.org

Dorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:16 PM   #13
linkweewee
tantum quantum

Oddometer: 13,814
Quote:
Because if you live in WA and post on this forum, bitching is the status quo.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:36 PM   #14
tod701
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 876
Also a blue pickup with a dirtbike being used on I-5 in the Skagit / Whatcom area.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:18 AM   #15
Dorian
Xlg carbon footprint

Oddometer: 686
Cool2 Don't forget to look up

During nice weather WSP Cessna orbits over I-5 between Olympia and JBLM with an army of WSP cruisers and MC's staged on on-ramps waiting for instructions on who to swoop in on.

www.psermc.org

Dorian is offline   Reply With Quote