Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Trip Planning > Asia Pacific
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 10:18 PM   #1
Bea & Helle OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
Shipping from Western Australia to New Zealand?

We know, there are plenty of shipping possibilities from Brisbane or Sydney to Auckland, BUT:
We are interested in shipping our bikes from Western Australia to Auckland and as this is a very uncommon route, there is no information at all.

So does someone know a shipping agency or contact person in Port Headland or Broome which might do the shipping to New Zealand?

If the shipping from WA to NZ is much more expensive then from Brisbane or Sydney then we´ll ride the bikes to the East Coast but as we did this route before we thought about skipping that part and ship directly from somewhere in the North of WA.

We would be very happy if there is someone out there who can give us some advice and some information.

Thank you very much.

Cheers, currently from Adelaide
Bea & Helle
Old 03-30-2013, 08:05 PM   #2
ajmac
gorilla balancin on a pin

Oddometer: 58
Cool2 gidday/servus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea & Helle View Post
We know, there are plenty of shipping possibilities from Brisbane or Sydney to Auckland, BUT:
We are interested in shipping our bikes from Western Australia to Auckland and as this is a very uncommon route, there is no information at all.

So does someone know a shipping agency or contact person in Port Headland or Broome which might do the shipping to New Zealand?

If the shipping from WA to NZ is much more expensive then from Brisbane or Sydney then we´ll ride the bikes to the East Coast but as we did this route before we thought about skipping that part and ship directly from somewhere in the North of WA.

We would be very happy if there is someone out there who can give us some advice and some information.

Thank you very much.

Cheers, currently from Adelaide
Bea & Helle
when i was planning my trip i looked as much as i could but in the end it worked out cheaper and more simplistic to just ride over east from WA.if time is a constraint i just had bikes only send a 650 from brisbane to perth for a few dollars under $1k .it would have cost more than that to ride it over including a one way flight.
i also wanted to ride NZ but in the end went for los angeles as a start point due to the financial cost of NZ and the pain of the CDP for the bike.i used qantas frieght un crated from sydney and it was very good all the way.my bike was only damaged by james cargo on the way home after two years which was a little bit sad at the end.that being said i would still use james cargo again too as these thing happen.
not sure if that helps you with forming your plan .by the way i loved riding bavaria and southern germany(good food,good beer ,fantastic riding and good people) if thats where indded you are from!!!
Old 04-06-2013, 08:14 PM   #3
Bea & Helle OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
@ ajmac:

Thanks for your reply. We have contacted some shipping agents in WA and will see how there quotes are…

But also thanks for letting us know your experiences about flying the bike to the US and back. That probably will be our next goal after NZ…

And yes, we are originally from Upper Bavaria. Our little home town is about 100 km south-east of Munich directly on the Austrian border. We left home nearly 2 years ago to go on our motorcycle world trip…
Good to hear that you loved Bavaria, it´s really a good place to live and to ride a motorcycle! :-)