Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2013, 06:34 AM   #46
scotty918
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaklr View Post
My dealer won't budge off retail, yet. He priced out a base model then we added the backrest for my wife. The backrest and hardware got discounted to $450.00. So I'm at $20,449. For the extra money I should get the deluxe. My pricing goal is to get an out the door deluxe for $20,999. So they need to discount tax, title, and tag. Not sure he'll do that, but I'm not buying for at least a month anyway.

Don't the Goldwings get in the high 30's low 40's? I figure the F6B would be getting about the same.
It just stinks because you can get a 2012 level 1 Goldwing that has those amenities (and more) for less than the f6b. I purchased my Level 1 for $18,900 OTD. I know they have a different look, but you shouldn't have to pay more for less?
Old 04-10-2013, 07:21 AM   #47
wannaklr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty918 View Post
It just stinks because you can get a 2012 level 1 Goldwing that has those amenities (and more) for less than the f6b. I purchased my Level 1 for $18,900 OTD. I know they have a different look, but you shouldn't have to pay more for less?
A 2012 Level 1 (Audio Comfort?) retails for $23,890 off the Honda Website. You got a 20% discount? Tell me where. That is a stunning price, and OTD includes sales tax and fees. My local Honda dealer won't budge on used Goldwings that much. Man I have to work on my negotiating tactics.

I'm not being funny that is a stunning discount! And makes me very hesitant to buy.

From Scottie Boy "If you calculated the money spent versus time actually used, vaginas cost more per hour than the space shuttle."
wannaklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:11 AM   #48
larryboy
Leisurely Liar

Oddometer: 13,893
Quote:

I'm not being funny that is a stunning discount! And makes me very hesitant to buy.

My 2012 NAV/ABS I got a month ago was $23,900 before taxes. Once the numbers are that big an extra 4k over the F6B wasn't much of a stretch.
larryboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:30 AM   #49
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Oddometer: 2,322
I checked out a F6B yesterday and I have to say, it's not my cup of tea at all. It's a huge bike, just massive.....but.....it's so low to the ground, and the weight is so low in it, that you can hardly tell its so big....it made me feel a bit strange on it....as if I was riding a giant scooter or something.....and I was sitting so "on top" of it that I just felt strange on it.

It's definitely a neat bike from and engineering perspective, but not my bag......

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #50
wannaklr
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
My 2012 NAV/ABS I got a month ago was $23,900 before taxes. Once the numbers are that big an extra 4k over the F6B wasn't much of a stretch.
Exactly!

From Scottie Boy "If you calculated the money spent versus time actually used, vaginas cost more per hour than the space shuttle."
Old 04-10-2013, 08:09 PM   #51
manban9888
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
I don't have either but have ridden a wing and sat on the F6B. Either one is a ton of bike for the money. These bikes regularly go up to 300,000 miles. Compared to ANY other bike by mileage they are a bargain w a lot of comfort and power. I don't think you can go wrong w either one
manban9888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:17 PM   #52
scotty918
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
A 2012 Level 1 (Audio Comfort?) retails for $23,890 off the Honda Website. You got a 20% discount? Tell me where. That is a stunning price, and OTD includes sales tax and fees. My local Honda dealer won't budge on used Goldwings that much. Man I have to work on my negotiating tactics.

Freedom Cycles in Kansas City. They had one white and one blue left when I purchased. Also, check Abernathy Honda, they are pretty close on the price as well.

http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2...fort-103089117
Old 04-10-2013, 08:21 PM   #53
scotty918
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
$4k will buy a second bike.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:09 PM   #54
DOGSROOT
OUTSIDE

Oddometer: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellydax View Post
hi Im a first timer on this site and trying to find my way around .Ididnt want to look in and not say any thing ,i thought that might seem rude i just bought my first new bike today and i cant wait to pick it up on tuesday.Its a 900 kaw classic .i havent driven since i was a teenager.

Hey, kellydax, welcome to ADV YFF!!

Congratulations on your new bike.

Your post may get lost in this thread; why not find the relevant thread and post a pic?

(Use smugmug or a similar pic hosting site.)

Helluva nice town you hail from...

And so close to the Abbot Trail, you lucky dog!!

HAPPY TRAILS.

This drug won't cure you...but it will put your symptoms to shame
DOGSROOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:09 PM   #55
plumbstraight
plumbstraight

Oddometer: 53
I traded in a suzuki 1500 boulevard for an 06 goldwing. Has what I guess is everything except a cb which is great, don't care for them. Has the nav, heated hand and seats, arm rests out back, chromed out, the extra lights and drivers lighted cruiser footrests, cruise control, all I can say is wow. Have had a voyager 1300 and it was smooth, but this thing outclassses everything I have ever straddled. Still have a kawi classic 1500 and will keep it and the trailer. fixing up the wing for pulling too. Have a couple trips this summer to texas and one to sc. We also have two tw200's. What a fun bike for getting out in the woods around here. Just hate it that I bought a couple of quads. This state really has contempt for them. Can only really use them on private land and in orv parks. Just make sure you still pay for licensing them. Have stickered one in wy, ak, nd, can take it to the store if need be. Wish Wa would get it right. Sorry for venting. About that goldwing, it is more maneuverable than any of the other bikes I have owned. more power on line at a wish, and down the highway, nothing I have been on comes close.
plumbstraight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:12 AM   #56
scotty918
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumbstraight View Post
About that goldwing, it is more maneuverable than any of the other bikes I have owned. more power on line at a wish, and down the highway, nothing I have been on comes close.
+1 to everything you just said.
Goldwings shouldn't have the right to handle as well as they do. I can throw it around easier in the twisty bits than I could my (top-heavy) Concours.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:02 AM   #57
larryboy
Leisurely Liar

Oddometer: 13,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty918 View Post
$4k will buy a second bike.

I already have six, last thing I need is another.

I looked at that kit that takes off the trunk for an attempt at making an F6B out of a Goldwing...hideous. The only way to get the F6B is to buy one.
larryboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:50 AM   #58
wannaklr
Beastly Adventurer

Even with all the things it isn't or doesn't have. The bike really trips all my triggers. I'm going to go and try and buy the thing!!

Yep, got the wife's okee dokee.

Old 04-12-2013, 10:30 AM   #59
scotty918
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Even with all the things it isn't or doesn't have. The bike really trips all my triggers. I'm going to go and try and buy the thing!!

Coolesville daddio. I'm sure you'll love it. Remember, miles = smiles.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:12 AM   #60
Unleaded
Unit Train

Oddometer: 738
Quote:

Nothing like that new bike smell.

Buncha pics and a for-real (as opposed to canned journo reports) review will be needed if you sign the papers.