Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #76
wannaklr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unleaded View Post
Wannaklr - pics, man.

With no pics I feel I've been wronged. Wronged I tell you! This is just another example of corporate America holding me back. Or something.
I should have bought an ark. It has rained solidly since Monday.

I'll get pics once I can ride it.

From Scottie Boy "If you calculated the money spent versus time actually used, vaginas cost more per hour than the space shuttle."
wannaklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:21 AM   #77
waveydavey
happy times!!

Oddometer: 9,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue01 View Post
Just picked up the May issue of Cycle World which puts the F6B up against the HD CVO Road Glide. Has it been mentioned here yet?
If not, here's a quick observation.
Why did CW put a $21000 Honda up against a $34000 Harley?
The Honda came out on top of course, but I suppose they had to find a Harley that had enough power to keep up to the F6B, and the only one that could cost $13000 more.
Holy sheet, and people will still buy the Harley and turn their noses up at the Honda. Amazing.
But not a smart feller like you, right? (This is a thread about an interesting new goldwing, not a let's bash Harley riders thread. Try to keep up, OK.)
Old 04-18-2013, 10:02 AM   #78
scotty918
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by waveydavey View Post
But not a smart feller like you, right? (This is a thread about an interesting new goldwing, not a let's bash Harley riders thread. Try to keep up, OK.)
You took the bait.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:00 AM   #79
Unleaded
Unit Train

Oddometer: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaklr View Post
I should have bought an ark. It has rained solidly since Monday.
I hear you there. It's the same thing here. I put more miles on my bike in January/February just doing short blasts - for as far as I could stand - than I have since the weather warmed up.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #80
waveydavey
happy times!!

Oddometer: 9,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty918 View Post
You took the bait.
Why bait at all is my point?
Old 04-18-2013, 03:58 PM   #81
blue01
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by waveydavey View Post
Why bait at all is my point?
There was no bait on the hook.
Just an observation that the F6B's closest competitor had to cost $13000 more just to be competetive.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:28 PM   #82
Berto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,135
Quote:
There was no bait on the hook.
Just an observation that the F6B's closest competitor had to cost $13000 more just to be competetive.
Or they could have compared it to the Road Glide Custom that just happens to come with ABS and cruise and costs 2k less.

To me they are both great bikes just a different variation of the same thing.

Sent from my Nook Tablet using Tapatalk 2

Everyone has a use in life. Even if it is only to serve as a bad example
Berto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:39 AM   #83
wannaklr
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berto View Post
Or they could have compared it to the Road Glide Custom that just happens to come with ABS and cruise and costs 2k less.

To me they are both great bikes just a different variation of the same thing.

Sent from my Nook Tablet using Tapatalk 2
I was cross shopping the Road Glide and F6B pretty hard. I ended up with a red F6B OTD (including TTG) at $21,167. Harley dealer wouldn't budge on pricing. They were at $21,500 not including TTG.

From the HD website.
RG custom retails at $19,799 in black $20,309 with color.
Security option adds the ABS and adds $1,195.

From Scottie Boy "If you calculated the money spent versus time actually used, vaginas cost more per hour than the space shuttle."
Old 04-19-2013, 08:59 AM   #84
foxtrapper
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 519
Quote:
Holy sheet, and people will still buy the Harley and turn their noses up at the Honda. Amazing.
Oh god lord.

Conversely, Honda builds a bike to X dimensions. This is the seat, these are the bars. If you don't like it, to darn bad. Harley carries dozens of different seats and handlebars and floorboards and shocks to make the bike fit a person. They've got a whole custom fit program, from the factory. And people will still buy a Honda and turn up their noses at the Harley. Amazing.

OP, I've got an 800 beast myself. Lack of reverse is rapidly showing itself to be quite an interesting difficulty. Just the other day I went and had lunch, kinda because I had to. I'd pulled into a parking lot and turned, but didn't quite judge things perfectly. Found myself stuck there nosed towards a parked car that I couldn't clear going forward, and I couldn't pull the bike backwards. Gave up (must maintain the cool look), and parked. Waited until the other car left, then pulled out myself.

P.S.
Cudo's to you for getting a bike you so enjoy. Nothing better to ride than something that makes you grin with joy.

foxtrapper screwed with this post 04-19-2013 at 11:09 AM
foxtrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #85
wannaklr
Beastly Adventurer

I should also point out that if Honda hadn't brought out the F6 I probably would have ended up with the Road Glide. I was all set to live happily with the Road Glide. I was waiting for spring to go to Dubuque and test a Rocket III just to get it off my list of bikes to ride.

I do like the RG's, but the F6 just tripped all my triggers.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:39 PM   #86
scotty918
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
I should also point out that if Honda hadn't brought out the F6 I probably would have ended up with the Road Glide. I was all set to live happily with the Road Glide. I was waiting for spring to go to Dubuque and test a Rocket III just to get it off my list of bikes to ride.

I do like the RG's, but the F6 just tripped all my triggers.
I love the Road Glide, but you made the right choice. Your inner legs will thank you this summer.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:41 PM   #87
Unleaded
Unit Train

Oddometer: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berto View Post

While I've found them to be essentially equal in price, I did find it unnecessary that Cycle World used the CVO Glide for the comparison. They're similar in that Honda is chasing the bagger market, but obviously different in feel. And feel was what it was about with the RG for me. Of course the Glide doesn't have the outright power of the F6B, but it's a fantastic bike. I secured a ride on one not long ago, and the handling belies the look, to say the least. I have the Road Glide Custom listed TWICE in the "want today" thread.
But I have the Honda posted there too. I can imagine them both being fantastic to own and tour on.

I look at pics of them both and live vicariously through the owners. Close as I'm gonna get for a long time.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:31 PM   #88
wannaklr
Beastly Adventurer

We've finally had a break in the weather and I've been commuting this week. I have 194 miles on the bike and gone through one tank of gas. 33 mpg FYI. Still love that motor and handling. Just a damn comfy bike. Really fits me well.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:21 PM   #89
scotty918
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
We've finally had a break in the weather and I've been commuting this week. I have 194 miles on the bike and gone through one tank of gas. 33 mpg FYI. Still love that motor and handling. Just a damn comfy bike. Really fits me well.
Are you getting any helmet buffetting?
Old 04-25-2013, 06:32 AM   #90
wannaklr
Beastly Adventurer

Not much, but the bike came with a Baggershield 2-pc windshield though. I have it in the high position since mornings here in IA are still in the low 30's.

http://www.baggershield.com/baggershield-honda-goldwing-gl1800-1725-adjustable-p-21.html

My test ride was on one with the original blade type and I did experience buffeting. I would have changed the windshield if the dealer hadn't had one installed. I'll try the original blade once it warms up to get a better idea of the buffeting.