ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 06:20 PM   #31
Deviant666
Present

Oddometer: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyRoadie View Post
Why do you guys torture me? I just added an FJR1300 to my fleet and my wife would like me to sell my 990, as she says 4 bikes is too many. Heck one of them dosnt even run right now so she shouldn't count that one. But after reading this thread I do not want to sell the 990, especially after the above photos made me realize how sexy these things are. Mine is an '08 and with stock seat, 500 mile days are not a problem at all. I find the riding position and seat just about perfect for all day rides. If I didn't ride two up so often I probably wouldn't have gotten the FJR, which is so smooth,fast and effortless when loaded down.
I too ride two-up all the time and she's fine with the comfort and can ride all day behind me. And get this, I'm a 6'10 280lb gorilla and she's 57 1/2, so space matters yet we have plenty. There's no way we could explore so many beaches and forest roads on any other bike. We do long 600mile trips and cruise all day at 90-100mph but stop every 120miles for gas (which is my only complain about this bike, not so much for high consumption but for limited range). All this with panniers and a huge tankbag...can't beat this bike...love it...
Old 04-05-2013, 06:25 PM   #32
Deviant666
Present

Oddometer: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.saveaho View Post
I did a 24 hour endurance rally on the stock seat, my ars was fine, but the angle of my knees caused a problem... I'm 6 2 34 inseam.
There must be something wrong with your cartlilages or meniscus in those knees. Because I've done a similar event I'm 6'10 with 40+ inseam, have had RCL and 2 arthroscopies in my life from playing pro basketball yet mine felt fine..(alternatively your leg muscles need strengthening to take up some load from your joints)...
Old 04-06-2013, 10:18 PM   #33
smj
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
Would you really buy a bike based on the seat? For a reasonable amount of cash, you can change up the seat to anything you want... But when you start to talk about power, handling, suspension, and the rest of the bike - that's the cost of the whole bike! And some things are not so easy to change...

If what you say you are looking for is really what you want... You owe it to yourself to give this bike a try. Been there, tried a lot of the others, this one rocks!

Happy shopping!
Old 04-06-2013, 11:09 PM   #34
Ramv
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 463
I ought the Multi based on the seat. Very disappointed. Ended up buying a 950 Super Enduro as a second bike. The Multi is fine as a two up tourer although handling is terrible, and as a commuter but as an only bike its worthless.

Stock power was sub par. My VTR1000F would blow it out of the water. Low end was much better on the 950. Some mods and re-flashes on the MtS and two years of riding and its actually pretty fast. Multi suspension is terrible too. Unless you are sub 150 lb.

If money was not an object I would have got a GSA. I. Retrospect I should have bought a 990 and got a second seat.

'07 Super Enduro 950
'96 KLX250R - kind of street legal
Ramv is offline   Reply With Quote