User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2013, 07:06 PM   #1
Head2Wind OP
MotorcycleMayhem

Oddometer: 2,459
Thumb Spring Sprung!

With Spring hitting the PNW with 65 degrees + and the sun sticking around for more than 2 days I figured it was a good opportunity to share the shot from the loft of the ADVmachines motorcycle mayhem laboratory Everyone is getting their bikes ready for the season or a trip south to warmer drier riding areas.

Three LC8s in for service and modification, then onto the ADVmachines 950 SuperMoADV-EFI to get it ready for a IBA1000/24 run

Head2Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:48 PM   #2
Bgunn
Mucha distancia

Oddometer: 1,312
Tis the season

That will keep you busy for awhile.
Bgunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:11 PM   #3
Head2Wind OP
MotorcycleMayhem

Ya, plenty to do for sure.....

the 990 ADV (bottom left) is almost done, will be completed tomorrow AM. Then onto the 950 ADV (orange, top left) for full service and chasing down a electrical bug that keeps blowing head light fuses Then back onto the 950 SE build (top right, stripped down frame on bike stand) which should be mostly complete in a month or so. Lots of custom work that needs to be finished up on the SE. Then finally back onto my 950 SuperMoADV project (middle top). Its almost ready to make putt putt noises. I plugged everything in after stripping all of the extra crap out of the 990 harness and no flash codes so.... with a little more work it should run! I still need to complete the secondary header/muffler section, battery box and its would be ridable. With the SD primary header I will need to make a custom skid plate to finish the bottom side of the bike, should be cool when its done. Just need to get everyone else's bikes done and then find time for me and mine before the really nice weather is here. The goal is to have the SuperMoADV ready for a IBA run and possibly including a run to the KTM rally
Old 03-30-2013, 11:36 PM   #4
slackmeyer
Don't mean sheeit. .

Oddometer: 2,913
What efi/throttle bodies on your bike? KTM, or all aftermarket (microsquirt etc.)?

ktm
old bmw
others
slackmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:28 AM   #5
Head2Wind OP
MotorcycleMayhem

Its 990 TBs and pretty much everything else that makes a 990 different from a 950, so crankshaft tone wheel, wire harness and ECU, header/s (I have both ADV and SD header setup) and a left side 990 fuel tank with pump. For good measure its also running 07 SD cams, granted not a requirement for the EFI, just more better power :)

Details are in this thread:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=820774

re microsquirt; as soon as I can get it running as it is now, then I am going to move onto a microsquirt. One is already in development for a SE with the OEM harness and tone wheel, but I have not talked to them for a while so don't know what the status is. I am also working with Crankshaft to make a full mS conversion with wire harness and ECU for the 690, but that too has hit some challenges.... more to come this summer I am sure.