Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2013, 12:47 PM   #31
DogBoy
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,377
I'm putting the broadcast in the "better than nothing" category. Glad I got see as much as I did.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:00 PM   #32
DomEOD
'murica

Oddometer: 2,256

Initial Success or Total Failure.
DomEOD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #33
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquadraCorse View Post
Where the hell did the commentators on redbull.tv come from. Good lord, had to mute it.
+1 And why have the camera on them at all, let alone most of the time?!? Why not just show racing?? And the comment from the one guy that someone will likely beat Loeb's record in the near future?! Bullshit! Not for many years!

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:27 PM   #34
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteN95 View Post
+1 And why have the camera on them at all, let alone most of the time?!? Why not just show racing?? And the comment from the one guy that someone will likely beat Loeb's record in the near future?! Bullshit! Not for many years!
+1
According to Peugeot’s simulation, the 208 should have been capable of a time of 8m 15sec, but the nine-times World Rally Champion eclipsed that. “I really didn’t expect anything better than 8m15s, so to do 8m13s was fantastic,” said Loeb. “Before the start I didn’t really know if I should push absolutely to the maximum or if I should just push to a comfortable pace, in order to make sure of the victory. In the end, I decided to push to the limit.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...ak-record.html
swimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #35
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 4,902
I missed the live coverage yesterday! Luckily someone capped it. I have to say Redbull TV sucked. The reason they had to flash back to the commentators was because the picture kept going out on the Heli. I'm hoping they have GoPro's on the car somewhere. Although I doubt it. The car looked clean. How unfortunate.

*** edit: Seb's onboard video; http://www.redbull.com/en/motorsport...es-peak-record

I would have liked to see Monster do the unlimited class though. Rhys broke Monsters record but was always second best. Seb is the first to put a real time down for Unlimited on the new paved course. Will be interesting to see how long it holds up.

This year seemed like the year for EV's though. Nobuhiro Tajima, Hiroshi Masuoka, Greg Tracy and Rod Millen are some heavy hitters in the EV class. Next year will be interesting for sure.

Jeffy screwed with this post 07-01-2013 at 01:33 PM
Jeffy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:25 PM   #36
DomEOD
'murica

Quote:
I think it'll happen.... soon.

Audi, Porsche, BMW, Chevy, etc... They're gonna see this and not allow it. I see this record as an invite to the big race car manufacturers of thr world to bring their best.

Old 07-01-2013, 05:27 PM   #37
DomEOD
'murica

Loebs' video from the chopper was terrible. Then again, it was the Teller county sheriffs helicopter I believe.... not exactly high end equipment haha.

Old 07-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #38
swimmer
armchair asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomEOD View Post

Audi, Porsche, BMW, Chevy, etc... They're gonna see this and not allow it. I see this record as an invite to the big race car manufacturers of thr world to bring their best.
Hope they have a good driver.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:00 PM   #39
Jeffy
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
Hope they have a good driver.
I agree. Loeb is a machine. 9 time WRC Champion. Even if you don't like him you have respect for him.

4 years ago Ford tried to make a showing and brought Markus Gronholm, 2 time WRC Champion, out of retirement. he got second. Ford hasn't returned since.

I don't see any other mfg's lining up to enter a factory team next year though. Chevy is concentrating on the American LeMan's series as are Porsche, BMW, SRT (Dodge), Mazda, etc... Pike's Peak doesn't get enough coverage nationally let alone internationally unfortunately.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:42 PM   #40
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomEOD View Post
Really?? Where are they going to get a better driver or one that is even close?! Loeb is in a field of his own when it comes to this type of driving. I predict this will hold for at least 10 years and then an electric car will beat it, maybe.

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:10 PM   #41
Jeffy
Hmm...

Quote:
Really?? Where are they going to get a better driver or one that is even close?! Loeb is in a field of his own when it comes to this type of driving. I predict this will hold for at least 10 years and then an electric car will beat it, maybe.
I don't know about 10 years. If Monster brought his GT86/rebodied Suzuki it would have been up for grabs. I hope Loeb come back next year.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:34 PM   #42
HogWild
Scott Whitney

Oddometer: 2,528
I predict they will start installing a rail slot down the middle of the road, and only allow slot cars and slot bikes to go up the mountain, so they can't accidently run off the road. That will take a few years, so there will be progressively faster times coming. I'm working on a Mattel sponsorship already, and proposing Barbie be the passenger on my sidecar!
HogWild is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:13 PM   #43
D.T.
One wheel wonder...

Oddometer: 9,305
Eh?

8 minutes and 13 seconds.

Whoa.
D.T. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:21 PM   #44
swimmer
armchair asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogWild View Post
I predict they will start installing a rail slot down the middle of the road, and only allow slot cars and slot bikes to go up the mountain, so they can't accidently run off the road. That will take a few years, so there will be progressively faster times coming. I'm working on a Mattel sponsorship already, and proposing Barbie be the passenger on my sidecar!
Finally, someone talking some sense on this forum.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:08 AM   #45
1 above potato patch

Oddometer: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogWild View Post
HA!

I grew up in Manitou right at the base of the mountain and I fondly remember race week every year as a kid, though I think we only went up to watch it once or twice in person (always watched on t.v.). I lost touch with it for, oh, the last 20'ish years so to hear they paved the road to the top is a bit of a bummer for me. I have a lot of respect for the racers hammering up that mountain even if it is paved, but a bit of the 'holy shit!' factor has been removed from it for me
7164 is offline   Reply With Quote