Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2013, 02:09 PM   #16
Hookalatch OP
Born Under Bad Sign

Oddometer: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by supershaft View Post
It sounds like you might be better off gong with a 270 needle jet and keeping the jet needle on the 2nd clip. If you do stay on the third clip you might be able to go back down to the 266's.

The mains are often better off leaner than stock. They jet them rich to be on the safe side. They jet them lean at idle and cruise for the EPA.

A huge factor in all this is the airbox top. I highly recommend trying the R80 one large/one small airbox horns versus the two large and remember that to give both setups an equal chance you might have to rejet for both setups. They make a BIG diff.
I don't think I have the ability to tell the difference in performance from an R80 to an R100 airbox top and probably not be able to tell the difference between a 2.70 or 2.68 needle jet. At least not without timing devices or an air/fuel mix measuring device. I can figure out which way to go to correct problems like the stumbling/surging but once things are pretty close my butt dyno isn't all that sensitive.

This isn't a good time for carb tuning anyway. It has been over 110 degrees for 4 days now and it is supposed to be 114 tomorrow. The good news is at least its humid!

Chuck
Hookalatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:09 PM   #17
supershaft
because I can

Oddometer: 8,630
Can't tell the difference between night and day? That's the difference between those two airbox tops. It only take a minute to change them.
supershaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #18
Hookalatch OP
Born Under Bad Sign

Oddometer: 339
If there is a big difference I could probably tell that. I just figured it would be a small change. Its a moot point anyway since I sold the R80 airbox top along with all the other R80 top end parts. I appreciate the suggestions anyway.

Chuck
Hookalatch is offline   Reply With Quote