User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 04:05 PM   #1
frozenpeas OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Question Kisan tech signal minder 2?

Hey all. Has anyone installed the SM-2? I have tried to get it to work and have tried contacting customer support via phone and email. I have gone back to stock since the unit has only worked properly about 3 times. I tried all the suggestions from Andy and no good. I think I have read the installation manual 15 times. Has anyone had to return one of Kisan products? Just scratching my head.
frozenpeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:22 PM   #2
frozenpeas OP
Adventurer

Forget Kisantech!

I bought the SM-2 from Kisantech. The model is called a signal minder. After numerous email attempts to get it to work, the product does not work. I don't mind that because I expect good customer service and people who will stand behind their product. Evidently this guy Andy was absent that day and has not responded to my request to obtain a return order. He has totally ignored any correspondence from me. Stay away from Kisantech. Customer service sucks.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:37 PM   #3
Stan_R80/7
Beastly Gnarly

Oddometer: 1,134
Who told you to buy a SM-2 model? Did you come up with that on your own? Upon viewing their literature and contacting technical support, SM-1 is the proper model for an airhead.

I got the impression Kisan is not a large company. Even dealing with a large company requires a good dose of patience. Sticking with the stock BMW flasher sounds like your best choice.
Stan_R80/7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:40 AM   #4
frozenpeas OP
Adventurer

Thumbs down

Before I began this venture, I contacted Kisantech to find out which model to buy. The SM-2. So that's who told me. Maybe you should read the info better or try to email the person running the store. I promise he might get back to you if your willing to buy his inferior product. I can guarantee you that he will ignore you if there is an inherent product deficiency. I repeat, stay away from Kisantech if you want good customer service.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:05 PM   #5
Stan_R80/7
Beastly Gnarly

Oddometer: 1,134
Below is the email I received from Kisan; also if you look at the product guide, the SM-2 is for Japanese motorcycles (duh):

"M-1 signalMinder replaces the Hella stock relay of the airhead.

https://www.kisantech.com/view_product.php?product=SM-1

If you replace all (4) turn signals to LEDs, you will also have to replace the single dash indicator idiot bulb to a 12V LED. Also, hooking up the Running Light option is recommended."
Stan_R80/7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:31 PM   #6
frozenpeas OP
Adventurer

zzzzzzzzz