User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 06:37 PM   #1
wos OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,667
Finally news from the Vancouver Airport tasering

Just saw it on the news, The BC coroner has made the death of the poor Polish tasering victim in the Vancouver airport 6 years ago a homicide. He died of heart failure after the incident.

I hope that justice will finally be served. Too bad it took so long.
wos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:05 PM   #2
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by wos View Post
Just saw it on the news, The BC coroner has made the death of the poor Polish tasering victim in the Vancouver airport 6 years ago a homicide. He died of heart failure after the incident.

I hope that justice will finally be served. Too bad it took so long.

Justice, there's no friggin' justice in BC. The bullys of society are set free, and we the tax payer pay for their court time, defence, and rehabilitation. The system is actually the polar opposite of a justice system.
Steve G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:17 PM   #3
chevmekanik
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Pissed

The " poor Polish " guy was being an idiot, normal people don't act like that at an airport. I would not have been acting in such an aggressive manner in this heightened security environment, not the cops fault he had a weak heart to go along with the weak mind.
chevmekanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:36 PM   #4
tattewell
Mad Poser

Oddometer: 762
I can see both points here. If I visited a foreign country and some cops we're yelling at me, im pretty sure I would see that as a "shut the fuck up and calm down" moment. That said, I don't believe the cops did everything in their power to not be deuche bags and defuse the situation. They should not be allowed to keep their jobs on account of they clearly don't make the correct decisions under stress.
tattewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:52 AM   #5
Bill 310
Poser Emeritus

Oddometer: 3,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevmekanik View Post
The " poor Polish " guy was being an idiot, normal people don't act like that at an airport.
"Police were called when Dziekanski became agitated after spending nearly 10 hours at airport customs. Four officers responded to the call, Tasering and handcuffing Dziekanski within seconds of encountering him, the Braidwood Inquiry revealed. He soon began showing signs of medical distress and was declared dead at the airport a short time after paramedics arrived."

He was held in Customs for 10 hours, spoke no English and the Mounties lead by Monty Robinson acted like asshats. How would you have behaved after being held for 10 hours in a strange county with no language skills ?

Quote:
I would not have been acting in such an aggressive manner in this heightened security environment, not the cops fault he had a weak heart to go along with the weak mind.

the Polish immigrant, who spoke no English, died of cardiac distress that occurred after being restrained and repeatedly Tasered by RCMP officers. He said an autopsy showed no natural diseases or injuries that would have led to Dziekanski's sudden death.

Oh and let's not forget excessive force. If an individual hadn't filmed the whole thing and then got a lawyer to get his camera phone back this death would have been misaligned and the 4 Mounties would have slipped away from justice.
Canada "It's a rough place, son. In fact, you have to puke twice and show your razor just to get in. Better grow some whiskers if you wanna go to Canada." Ronnie Hawkins when asking Levon Helm to join his band and play in Canada.
Bill 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:42 AM   #6
amk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 468
Police has to have the right to apply weapons. No doubt here.

But everybody has seen what actually happened. Not armored, slightly agitated man, who even had not done a single threatening gesture/movement to cops, was deliberately shot dead by them.
Four armored just shot one unarmored because they believe they can shoot anybody who does not speak their language.
To me that was a collective murder even if not a gun was used.
amk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:13 AM   #7
drrod1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Also keep in mind the RCMP member who was in charge at the airport has had other issues.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...entencing.html

Fairly clear that he was not a stellar member of the force.

Rod
drrod1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:34 AM   #8
yamalama
wet coaster

Oddometer: 1,134
Quote:
The " poor Polish " guy was being an idiot, normal people don't act like that at an airport. I would not have been acting in such an aggressive manner in this heightened security environment, not the cops fault he had a weak heart to go along with the weak mind.
You are a cop?
Gotta be, with such an ignorant statement.
yamalama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:41 AM   #9
jackd
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,028
On the lighter side of things.... Working at YVR as I do, there was a bit of an internal reaction by co-workers to the RCMP on site afterwards. A fellow mechanic (who by and large challenges authority) was riding down an escalator a day later than the event. On the opposite escalator going up was a member of the RCMP. This mechanic yells out 'Hey Taser Boy - how's it going?' The RCMP individual turned bright red and just kept on going. I think they knew they had done something not quite right. We all had a chuckle over that one.
jackd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #10
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackd View Post
On the lighter side of things.... Working at YVR as I do, there was a bit of an internal reaction by co-workers to the RCMP on site afterwards. A fellow mechanic (who by and large challenges authority) was riding down an escalator a day later than the event. On the opposite escalator going up was a member of the RCMP. This mechanic yells out 'Hey Taser Boy - how's it going?' The RCMP individual turned bright red and just kept on going. I think they knew they had done something not quite right. We all had a chuckle over that one.

I join a bunch of riders every Thursday at a Tim Hortons to talk bikes, look at bikes, and make plans for weekend rides. It also happens to be the Thursday coffee stop for high ranking officers of E division RCMP, recognise many faces from tv interviews. One of the lads in our group is a well established cop "disliker". Soon after the YVR tazering, one of the lads showed up on a bike with a loud exhaust. As he walked towards all us sitting, and within easy earshot, Mr. cop disliker yelled "hey, better fix that loud exhaust, don't want to get cooked by a tazer for it!!". Many red faces, and very humble quietness from the group of high ranking RCMP.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:35 AM   #11
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amk View Post
Police has to have the right to apply weapons. No doubt here.

But everybody has seen what actually happened. Not armored, slightly agitated man, who even had not done a single threatening gesture/movement to cops, was deliberately shot dead by them.
Four armored just shot one unarmored because they believe they can shoot anybody who does not speak their language.
To me that was a collective murder even if not a gun was used.

It's terrible that the guy died, and the assembled group of RCMP members were obviously sourced from a lower ebb of society were just a disaster waiting for an opportunity. Clearly, they murdered the guy. This is clear evidence that there are different laws for different 'segments' of society,,,,,,last I checked, they banned that in South Africa. A true shame that nothing has really changed,,,,,except that now people with ultimate authority over everyone else [police, swat, border patrol etc.] must now customize their response to the possibility that they may be recorded on some kind of electronic device. Which is too bad, because I still want 'authorities' the ability to go hard on legitimate criminals, and societies bullies.

Another thing, I've never been able to figure out is,,,why the Polish fellow lost it so bad? I mean he was chucking chairs, computer screens, just going nuts! I've been lost in an airport before, I never grabbed chairs and chucked them around. You just figure things out, use hand language or whatever. Can't help thinking this guy had serious mental issues already. No excuse getting killed, but clearly that was a part of the story that's never been addressed.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #12
GP640
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,323
I always wondered why, after 10 hours, a Polish speaking person could not be found in an International airport.
I'd bet if it happened at Pearson it would have taken 10 minutes to find somebody who could help the guy.
GP640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #13
triplenickel
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by drrod1 View Post
Also keep in mind the RCMP member who was in charge at the airport has had other issues.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...entencing.html

Fairly clear that he was not a stellar member of the force.

Rod

This is the most important point in the thread, this cop is a POS.

PG007
"Up there where you eat moose-cock you must all be rockets scientists."
triplenickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:36 PM   #14
drmacaulay
letsrun.com

Oddometer: 79
The single most important issue about this topic, as I see it, is law enforcement using a weapon on a person as a show of force, and to comply with an order, rather than for self defense. (Yes the guy had a stampler in hand..... don't even try to imply that this case is based on self defense.)

Mental illness is another significant issue with this case.

Language barriers.

Failing to comply with an order by law enforcement.

10 hrs in holding.

But to use a weapon on someone for any reason other than for self defense is criminal. A straight up asssult, no matter if you are police or not.

www.drmexploits.blogspot.com
drmacaulay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:33 PM   #15
skysailor
Rat Rider

Oddometer: 3,477
Quote:
The guy was "armed" with a fucking stapler! If you were waving a stapler at me and I shot you dead, I'd never see the light of day!! The only stupid people here were the cops! Lock the shooter up, and throw away the key! Ass Hole.
skysailor is offline   Reply With Quote