Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 06:43 PM   #1
stinkyrider OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
Mother Lode Dual Sport Ride

The Mother Load Dual Sport Ride in the Foothills of the Sierra Nevada

Ride what you feel, and feel what you ride. It sounds so simple, Because in a nutshell that's what we do. We ride at the pace we are used to, never rushed or hurried, just smooth and quick, Yet at the same time your seeing the landscape, you are also feeling it, tasting it, and smelling it.

No cabin filters here. Just the smell of everything you relish. for me it's usually the smell of oil, gas, toasted brakes and burn't clutch fluid from flailing cars, the get's my motor running, And throw in the occasional moldy creek and rotted carcass, and I'm pretty happy. You say why?? You think I'm some sort of sick and twisted freak?!? Well your right. I'm a motorcycle rider. I'm a weirdo, I don't like the norm. I like adventure. I don't care what it looks like, what it smells like, Hell, I don't give a darn who you, are or what you ride. I just don't want a bunch of familiarity to bring me a ton of content. Boredom sucks, and after a while so does being lonesome. So fuck it. After watching my parents die alone and broke, I decided to start riding with some people, and to share my experiences before I have no one to share them with. I don't care who you are or where you have been. It doesn't matter, we only have each other, And if he's on a bike, then he's your brother!

OK, so with this wild mix of men and women we set out to embark on a one day trek through the golden foothills of the mother load. We had a great mix of bikes. we had beemers, KLR's (japanese beemers), suzuki's,(japanese KLR's)
ohh and of course the usual mix of the austrian wonder (KTM). And judging by the rough start, we had wide variety of riders, or at least some that refused to check their mirrors. :-(. But hey, that's why we stick together right?!? err oops!

Seriously though, when we finally got to the foothills, the scenery was all about the greenery!! Man, I love this time of year in california, the beauty is something to behold, especially all the early spring flowers, sprouting up all gold and proud.

(a hint to where we had lunch)

This ride has such large mix of single lane patch pavement roads, it's almost mesmerizing. I think we hit every one from Plymouth to Murphys. About 200 miles in total after the day was done. I can't believe how well Mark has this ride mapped out. It's a technical marvel. Seriously some of best twisties I have ever encountered. And as the day progressed, the pace quickened a little, as everybody got their rhythm. And i'm thinking they were pretty happy by the end of the day. I know I was. Can't wait till the next one…….

some video here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7bPl5-16KI
and here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuZnn70qP9E
and some photos here
http://sna-joe.smugmug.com/SierraNev...8903066_h6hS87

Thank You and Good Night
stinkyrider is offline   Reply With Quote