User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2013, 06:51 AM   #1
keener OP
Speed changes you.

Oddometer: 925
LC8 Carburator removal/cleaning/jetting... videos

I came across these 7 parts series of youtube videos of KTM 950 cab surgery, they are 10min long each. I though this might be useful for someone who wants to clean the carbs for the first time or just learning about the location of jets,...:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-N7j...D6BC5E1F1770F6

Unfortunately, they are in Italian and this guy does some crazy modifications like drilling the diaphragms!!! and changing front and rear main jets to the same jet, #162,...don't do it.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:12 AM   #2
Sporting Wood
I <3 Energizer Bunny

Oddometer: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by keener View Post
I came across these 7 parts series of youtube videos of KTM 950 cab surgery, they are 10min long each. I though this might be useful for someone who wants to clean the carbs for the first time or just learning about the location of jets,...:

Unfortunately, they are in Italian and this guy does some crazy modifications like drilling the diaphragms!!! and changing front and rear main jets to the same jet, #162,...don't do it.
I drilled my slides and swapped to the same main jets (172's with the DNA filter I think - 178's now with the ITG), way back in 2008. Cylinder head temps were within a few degrees and O2 is the same coming out of either jug this way.

Good find though, thanks
Sporting Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:28 PM   #3
slackmeyer
Don't mean sheeit. .

Oddometer: 3,001
Quote:

Well, definitely don't drill the diaphragms, but maybe the slides, and I'm running 165 jets front and rear, I don't see the problem there. . . .

ktm
old bmw
others
slackmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:54 PM   #4
keener OP
Speed changes you.

Oddometer: 925
Good to know, I'm no carb master. From what I have read in the past (when I was messing my carbs) the main jets for front and rear are slightly different because they have different air flow access, since the mouth of the airbox is in the front.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:19 PM   #5
slackmeyer
Don't mean sheeit. .

Oddometer: 3,001
Quote:
Good to know, I'm no carb master. From what I have read in the past (when I was messing my carbs) the main jets for front and rear are slightly different because they have different air flow access, since the mouth of the airbox is in the front.
I believe that it's mainly because of the airflow to the different cylinders; the rear cylinder gets less air cooling and thus a slightly larger main jet would let that cylinder run a bit cooler.

I don't have real a/f ratio data, I just know that my bike seems to run great with the 165 jets in it now. . .

ktm
old bmw
others
slackmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote