Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2013, 07:18 PM   #31
triplenickel
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by skysailor View Post
If they had even half a brain, and they were worried about all the above, you would think they'd step back until they had assessed the threat? I'll just bet the woman withholding the $3.75 looked like a martial artist! Nobody had any right to even lay a hand on her, let alone subject her to the physical abuse she suffered. With a half descent lawyer, she should end up owning half the TTC!
Lyle
First off I was referring to the incident that the thread was about not Toronto. Secondly I said I didn't support what they did here I was commenting on general taser use, reread my post. They screwed up big time, there was 4 of them they were there for like 90 seconds before tasering, it was excessive obviously.

PG007
"Up there where you eat moose-cock you must all be rockets scientists."
triplenickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:18 PM   #32
skysailor
Rat Rider

Oddometer: 3,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplenickel View Post
First off I was referring to the incident that the thread was about not Toronto. Secondly I said I didn't support what they did here I was commenting on general taser use, reread my post. They screwed up big time, there was 4 of them they were there for like 90 seconds before tasering, it was excessive obviously.
I'm with you.
skysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:45 AM   #33
blkhrt81
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 617
If they had just let the guys mom go back to the baggage area and look around, the whole tragedy could have been avoided. Or videos back there so the people waiting can see who's at the baggage carousels. But we've got so buggered up with security and privacy crap, we can't use a little common sense.
blkhrt81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:59 AM   #34
skysailor
Rat Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkhrt81 View Post
If they had just let the guys mom go back to the baggage area and look around, the whole tragedy could have been avoided. Or videos back there so the people waiting can see who's at the baggage carousels. But we've got so buggered up with security and privacy crap, we can't use a little common sense.
As soon as a rule is put in place, common sense goes down the toilet! Every time.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:17 PM   #35
triplenickel
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysailor View Post
As soon as a rule is put in place, common sense goes down the toilet! Every time.
Common sense doesn't exist in the paranoid world of airport security.

PG007
Old 04-13-2013, 03:21 PM   #36
skysailor
Rat Rider

The flying public thinks airport security makes flying safer

YOU FUCKING MORONS!!!!!!!
Old 04-14-2013, 05:03 AM   #37
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 46,062
At this point in time, I think you guys have missed a glaring point:

It's been how long since this guy died, and now the coroner is issuing this statement?

No political bullshit going on here, nope. The only reason for such a determination to be withheld for so long is because someone in power is using it for their own gain.

That's the smoking gun on this one. Any locals have insight? Somebody running for election looking to use this to taint their opposition?

The other side of this is that the coroner is so incompetent that he should be fired. But it's BC. So, job for life.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:23 AM   #38
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10 View Post

It's been how long since this guy died, and now the coroner is issuing this statement?

No political bullshit going on here, nope. The only reason for such a determination to be withheld for so long is because someone in power is using it for their own gain.

That's the smoking gun on this one. Any locals have insight? Somebody running for election looking to use this to taint their opposition?

The other side of this is that the coroner is so incompetent that he should be fired. But it's BC. So, job for life.

I've been thinking how any political party could take advantage of a delayed coroners report,,,,can't really see any. The delayed coroners report is just another example of the dumbing down of the entire justice system, from the on the street initial investigations, to the police reports, to the highly fucked up court system, to the final judgment, to the public's response after a 2 year delay on anything. Nobody gives a fuck really. I mean everyone in society talks the big talk, but change?? Never, get someone else to do it.
Steve G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:31 AM   #39
Commuter Boy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,814
Quote:
Oddly enough, coroners in BC aren't required to have a medical background either.
Commuter Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:14 AM   #40
250senuf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,289
Eh?

Very odd indeed. What is the qualification to be a coroner in BC? Who you know, not what you know!
Old 04-15-2013, 08:50 AM   #41
HAYVIATOR
Don't be me dude.

Oddometer: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackd View Post
On the lighter side of things.... Working at YVR as I do, there was a bit of an internal reaction by co-workers to the RCMP on site afterwards. A fellow mechanic (who by and large challenges authority) was riding down an escalator a day later than the event. On the opposite escalator going up was a member of the RCMP. This mechanic yells out 'Hey Taser Boy - how's it going?' The RCMP individual turned bright red and just kept on going. I think they knew they had done something not quite right. We all had a chuckle over that one.
Your meat-head wrench buddy is nothing more than a passive aggressive pussy. I had a mechanic screw my car up and overcharged me for it, now I take public jabs at random mechanics because I don't have the sense or backbone to deal with the real culprit... Yep, sounds ducking ridiculous when I say it too.
HAYVIATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:50 PM   #42
triplenickel
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAYVIATOR View Post
Your meat-head wrench buddy is nothing more than a passive aggressive pussy. I had a mechanic screw my car up and overcharged me for it, now I take public jabs at random mechanics because I don't have the sense or backbone to deal with the real culprit... Yep, sounds ducking ridiculous when I say it too.

I hope you don't carry a taser.

PG007
Old 04-15-2013, 01:58 PM   #43
CanadianX
Oh!? That is deep.

Oddometer: 1,437
Quote:

Could be that the powers that be supressed this one long enough, or as long as they could. The emotion of the event lingers but isn't as potent as it was originally. Now anyone accused of wrong doing has the blur of time to weasle out from taking full responsibilities for their actions. Sure taser a guy who is acting a bit nutty and aggressive. Fail to show restraint because you have poor training combined with poor impluse control and a over develop master complex and well...shit happens that shouldn't happen. Add into the mix the whole stealing of private property to try and suppress evidence (the video on the guys phone) and the psychology of the police's behaviour just becomes all the more revealing of a broken system. My interactions with police have been 50/50. Some really switched on professionals and some real idiots who should never have been placed in any position of trust or authority.
CanadianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:04 PM   #44
CanadianX
Oh!? That is deep.

Oddometer: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve G. View Post
I've been thinking how any political party could take advantage of a delayed coroners report,,,,can't really see any. The delayed coroners report is just another example of the dumbing down of the entire justice system, from the on the street initial investigations, to the police reports, to the highly fucked up court system, to the final judgment, to the public's response after a 2 year delay on anything. Nobody gives a fuck really. I mean everyone in society talks the big talk, but change?? Never, get someone else to do it.
By controlling the timing to rile the public over an issue that should have been dealt with a long time ago. Could be to embarrass the current gov't or being used by the current gov't to provide smoke to divert attention from another issue. Certainly anything that can polarize opinion and evoke emotion has the potential to sway votes and public support.

Could also be that letting a few more years go by enables people to bank pension and pay should a suspension or firing occur.
CanadianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:11 PM   #45
rainycoastguy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Worst border in the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishenough View Post
Agreed! But I also ask the question, as someone who has visited many airport and customs officers over 30 years; How do you think officers act towards a travelers aggressive behavior from Eastern Europe and through out all of Asia? I've never visited Africa, and only once toured South America; but would ask the same question about Mexico and central American countries.

Which brings me to one of the reasons why I'm happy to return to Canada: I like to think we don't have to worry about back room justice. And that all should be accountable for there actions,

guess not
I'm a Canadian, and the worst border to cross is the one coming home - always.
rainycoastguy is offline   Reply With Quote