Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2013, 12:42 AM   #421
hAjPR
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
As I said, it's been a great pleasure and feeling to be a part of your adventure for those couple of days!

First half of this update is a bit scary I must say. But on the other hand it is good that people still can remind this way what was happening there.

This is the best picture out of all. Sehr shön! Eine typische Deutche Mädchen Cute!

RR: Bosnia, Montenegro & Croatia 2013
hAjPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:26 AM   #422
rtwpaul
out riding...

Oddometer: 1,929
great update
rtwpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:11 AM   #423
btao
RIP Lilolita

Oddometer: 1,009
Hey Craig and Patty!

I've been dreading reading the past few pages because I hate endings... Glad you guys aren't out of steam yet! It's been such a pleasure reading of your adventures and even to set out for a part of your adventure would leave me satisfied for a time. I wish I got into this whole adventure thing a few years earlier as I've got a 21 month old daughter who's got priority on my time. When you're ready to take an adventure around the USA/North America, home of the large and obscene, with some really cool stuff mixed in, let me know and I'll be happy to spot you guys a night on the farm and share some saddle time in New England. Because of these epic adventures, my wife is going to be picking up her first bike this week as well! She wants in! Hopefully if you do make it out this way, we can let the girls mingle and talk about how fashionable their gear is while we hit the trails on our Tigers

Cheers!

Andy & Amy

BTW, I fully expect das Boot to appear in one of these next photos!
Old 10-15-2013, 06:50 AM   #424
RoninMoto
Wanderer

Oddometer: 1,645
Great update! The CZ dumplings made me drool on my computer

I'll try to get to Thailand the start of November so we can meet up. MotoGP will be the last thing I do here in Japan. You should stay in Thailand till the 15th and help me celebrate my dirty 30
Facebook------------> https://www.facebook.com/RtwWithNoah
RoninMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:17 AM   #425
noved
Whitehorse

Oddometer: 62
Great Ride Report!!! Looking forward to more.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:37 AM   #426
sonnyboy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
Russia can look so nice at times, real pristine buildings and clean streets and other times like a real sh_thole, would be nice to see more. That beerfest look like a packet of fun, we looked a bit tired at the end
sonnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:22 PM   #427
GuiltyParty OP
drifter

Oddometer: 317
Jakub, thanks again for taking the time to meet us and show us around Prague. The pleasure was all ours. If only we could have stayed a few more days longer so I can take the Africa Twin out for a spin

That photo of Patty was my favourite too, she scrubs up well as a german

Quote:
Originally Posted by btao View Post
Hey Craig and Patty!

I've been dreading reading the past few pages because I hate endings... Glad you guys aren't out of steam yet! It's been such a pleasure reading of your adventures and even to set out for a part of your adventure would leave me satisfied for a time. I wish I got into this whole adventure thing a few years earlier as I've got a 21 month old daughter who's got priority on my time. When you're ready to take an adventure around the USA/North America, home of the large and obscene, with some really cool stuff mixed in, let me know and I'll be happy to spot you guys a night on the farm and share some saddle time in New England. Because of these epic adventures, my wife is going to be picking up her first bike this week as well! She wants in! Hopefully if you do make it out this way, we can let the girls mingle and talk about how fashionable their gear is while we hit the trails on our Tigers

Cheers!

Andy & Amy

BTW, I fully expect das Boot to appear in one of these next photos!
Thanks for tuning in Andy & Amy we're happy you liked it.

You know what, I had never really considered the US as a destination for the bike because it's appeared on TV so much I thought I'd seen it all, at least vicariously, but then on the plane I saw a nature doco and it showed so much to what I'd ever seen before. It made me realise there is still a lot of places still to explore...now I really want to go!

I reckon at the pace Patty is learning she might be ahead of us on the trail on her 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninMoto View Post
I'll try to get to Thailand the start of November so we can meet up. MotoGP will be the last thing I do here in Japan. You should stay in Thailand till the 15th and help me celebrate my dirty 30
I don't know if we'll still be here then because we need to pick the bike up in Melbourne before the port starts charging us storage fees but regardless, the thai will show you a good time for your 30th. just check they don't have an adam's apple before committing
Old 10-16-2013, 04:04 AM   #428
Angelos
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Great trip guys.Nice adventure!

Angelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:36 PM   #429
duffs
It's been useful

Oddometer: 1,200
Wish I'd known you were back in Battersea, would have been great to grab a pint! Your RR is def among the best on here, a proper adventure.

George

Blog: Gelände Straßetastic! Facebook Tumblr
Ride reports, photos, tips, experiences, general twaddle
duffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:23 AM   #430
7days1shower
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Great thread ! Didn't get a single thing done at work today :)

Would love to go for a ride with you if you have time in Sydney. I am doing a similar route in the other direction next year and yours is the first detailed report with photos Ive seen so far on the middle route :)

Safe riding!
7days1shower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:19 AM   #431
btao
RIP Lilolita

Oddometer: 1,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiltyParty View Post

Thanks for tuning in Andy & Amy we're happy you liked it.

You know what, I had never really considered the US as a destination for the bike because it's appeared on TV so much I thought I'd seen it all, at least vicariously, but then on the plane I saw a nature doco and it showed so much to what I'd ever seen before. It made me realise there is still a lot of places still to explore...now I really want to go!

I reckon at the pace Patty is learning she might be ahead of us on the trail on her 125
Glad to hear it! The secret, is to just stay off the beaten path, and there's a plethora of fun to be had. The best parts of America are NOT on TV! Maybe National Geographic...

I just rode Amy's first bike home yesterday! It's a 1982 Yamaha sumthinorother 750. $300! Restored and runs mint! Sounds like Patty's got a head start though! Go Patty!!

We have some pretty cool stuff here, like: The Appalachian Trail, New England, New England Coastline, the National Parks, colonial towns (Sturbridge, MA), Amish, The Rocky Mountains, The Grand Canyon, the rainforests of Oregon (according to Icon), Giant Redwoods & Sequoias (do a vertical/cannopy tour), some pretty awesome caves/caverns (Mammoth Cave has been mapped to 144 miles long - do a wild tour), some pretty big lakes, bonneville salt flats, giant volcanoes (Yellowstone & Hawai'i), Mount Washington (worlds worst weather, and you can ride to the top. Join a sunrise ride here on ADVR), wine country California, a couple of really big states with nothing in them but scenery (Montana, Idaho, N/S Dakotas, Utah, Wyoming), bayou/creole/Cajun/New Orleans, deliverance/West Virginia, Blue Ridge Parkway/Skyline Dr/Tail of the Dragon, etc., etc.

There's so much to see and do, it would fill a lifetime!! Just riding through each of the national parks would be a blast. Or you can do any of the cross country adventure routes people put together here.

I live in a little town in Connecticut called Woodbury. It's about as typical "New England" as you can get. Every building down main street has an "Antiques for Sale" sign out front. There's orchards, nature preserves, civil war re-enactments, and lots of little farms, rivers and rolling hills dotting the landscape.

Here's a walk the other day my daughter and I took in our backyard (which happens to be a wildlife preserve)

We walked to a wild pear and apple tree for a snack for the walk home. Definitely come in late September during the harvest and go to one of the local fairs, harvest festivals or brewfests.

Definitely, let me know if you can make it out this way, we'll show you a great time!!
Old 10-17-2013, 06:35 PM   #432
BillySugger
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Yep

‘Preparing to fight off a pack of Mongolian wolves with a tyre lever after a hearty meal of biscuits and water’

THIS is why I come here.

Excellent.
BillySugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:59 PM   #433
Berger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 687
I bought a 2014 Tiger 800XC on October 18...and then I found your thread!

Awesome RR and resilience!

Love the Liger!

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=723916

Berger screwed with this post 10-24-2013 at 06:50 AM
Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:21 AM   #434
GuiltyParty OP
drifter

Oddometer: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffs View Post
Wish I'd known you were back in Battersea, would have been great to grab a pint! Your RR is def among the best on here, a proper adventure.

George
We could have met at the Victoria for a pint in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7days1shower View Post
Great thread ! Didn't get a single thing done at work today :)

Would love to go for a ride with you if you have time in Sydney. I am doing a similar route in the other direction next year and yours is the first detailed report with photos Ive seen so far on the middle route :)

Safe riding!

I'm always up for a ride! Patty's parents are living out in Bilpin so there are plenty of fire trails on their doorstep to check out.

If you need any more info on the middle route just give us a shout

Quote:
Originally Posted by btao View Post
Glad to hear it! The secret, is to just stay off the beaten path, and there's a plethora of fun to be had. The best parts of America are NOT on TV! Maybe National Geographic...

I just rode Amy's first bike home yesterday! It's a 1982 Yamaha sumthinorother 750. $300! Restored and runs mint! Sounds like Patty's got a head start though! Go Patty!!

We have some pretty cool stuff here, like: The Appalachian Trail, New England, New England Coastline, the National Parks, colonial towns (Sturbridge, MA), Amish, The Rocky Mountains, The Grand Canyon, the rainforests of Oregon (according to Icon), Giant Redwoods & Sequoias (do a vertical/cannopy tour), some pretty awesome caves/caverns (Mammoth Cave has been mapped to 144 miles long - do a wild tour), some pretty big lakes, bonneville salt flats, giant volcanoes (Yellowstone & Hawai'i), Mount Washington (worlds worst weather, and you can ride to the top. Join a sunrise ride here on ADVR), wine country California, a couple of really big states with nothing in them but scenery (Montana, Idaho, N/S Dakotas, Utah, Wyoming), bayou/creole/Cajun/New Orleans, deliverance/West Virginia, Blue Ridge Parkway/Skyline Dr/Tail of the Dragon, etc., etc.

There's so much to see and do, it would fill a lifetime!! Just riding through each of the national parks would be a blast. Or you can do any of the cross country adventure routes people put together here.

I live in a little town in Connecticut called Woodbury. It's about as typical "New England" as you can get. Every building down main street has an "Antiques for Sale" sign out front. There's orchards, nature preserves, civil war re-enactments, and lots of little farms, rivers and rolling hills dotting the landscape.

Here's a walk the other day my daughter and I took in our backyard (which happens to be a wildlife preserve)

We walked to a wild pear and apple tree for a snack for the walk home. Definitely come in late September during the harvest and go to one of the local fairs, harvest festivals or brewfests.

Definitely, let me know if you can make it out this way, we'll show you a great time!!
Cheers man for all the info. That pic looks just like some of the green lanes in England...wonder why they call it New England

We want to see the pic of Amy’s new bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by UralBerger View Post
I bought a 2014 Tiger 800XC on October 18...and then I found your thread!

Awesome RR and resilience!

Love the Liger!
Good choice, you’re in for a tonne of fun. If you ever need to hot it up I can donate my grill
Old 10-24-2013, 07:49 PM   #435
jtb
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiltyParty View Post
I'm always up for a ride! Patty's parents are living out in Bilpin...
Hope they are doing OK with the fires up on Bells Line of Road!

SOFT TO THE CORE OUTBACK NSW & SA RIDE REPORT JULY 2014
jtb is offline   Reply With Quote