User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2013, 02:07 PM   #1
Lcolton_BMWVC OP
Poor College Student

Oddometer: 22
Honest opinions on TE310

Hey there inmates, I have the opportunity to pick up either a 2010 or 2012 Husky TE310. I want to use the bike for light street, but mostly for a variety of aggressive dual sport (ie tight single track, open desert ect.) riding. I have been riding off road for ~10 years, and while i'm not the fastest guy on the trail, I am competent. I am 6' ~185 pounds.

To people that currently or have previously owned these, what are/were your likes and dislikes? Maintenance? Performance?

BTW, yes I have searched through the threads about these bikes, but most of the threads on these bikes are more people showing them off vs their thoughts on them.

Thanks for the help ya'll!
Old 04-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #2
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,660
Well the 2010 is a completely different animal than the 2012.

If you are going to do more street riding the 2010 is the way to go, they hold almost 2 qts of oil and are anvil reliable. They aren't really the best wide open desert bike but get the job done. They are better suited to gnarly single track.The 2009/2010's are low maintenance in my experience, and the maint there is, is easy to do. The wiring on them is crap though.

I'm 5'8" and 200lbs and absolutely loved mine.

Also, check out this thread:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=855724

No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride.

VxZeroKnots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:56 PM   #3
Euromad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 168
I love my '04 310 which is a bit more powerful than my buddy's 2010. The 2010 is lighter than my '04. It would benefit from a different silencer but is also well put together and reliable. Similar handling feel to a KTM 250, not as hyper. the extra oil would be a benefit out west with the higher speeds and road riding. Like the KTM I would change the seat if you sit down much.
Euromad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:40 PM   #4
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer: 15,682
2012 X-Lite TE310

Engine makes good power - responds to being ridden aggressively which adds to the fun factor (if you're used to big thumpers like I am)

Lightweight, good handling, 50 state legal

Stock muffler made by Leo Vince - good (quiet) sound level, never considered replacing it.

dislikes:
Doesn't hold much oil, makes a great trail connector bike that can commute a bit, but lots of road miles will take their toll.

Super close ratio transmission, stock 13/40 gearing makes 1st too tall for technical riding, yet you're still in 6th quickly.

Changing to 13/45 helps for all but the longest steep technical work, and actually puts you in the powerband better for street riding. Word is that 47 or 50 tooth rears are the best if you're offroad mostly. (I was)

EFI can be touchy. Trailing throttle on technical downhills is like turning off the key, just touch the throttle and you're off. Can be tuned out with JD Tuner.
IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is offline   Reply With Quote