Oddometer: 1,260
MeinMotorrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:10 AM   #62
muddysoles
The cubicle traveler

Oddometer: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulemery View Post
I'll do an update shortly, just having too much fun at the minute!
awesome!
muddysoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:16 PM   #63
MeinMotorrad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,260
----------Begin Hijack---------------

Here's a vid of a Scrambler scrambling! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZNQkEPcm3c

----------End Hijack------------------
MeinMotorrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:40 PM   #64
McSchlinky
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Nice ride so far, looking forward to reading some more :)
McSchlinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:02 PM   #65
RoninMoto
Wanderer

Oddometer: 1,641
Where are you now?
I'm in Kyrgyzstan but I will probably go into Tajik before Kazakhstan again.
Facebook------------> https://www.facebook.com/RtwWithNoah
RoninMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:41 PM   #66
conchscooter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,792
Well, that was fun while it lasted.

IBA#39,523
conchscooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:06 AM   #67
Paulemery OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Seattle and North

I arrived in Seattle with gun metal skies and wet ground, I checked into the dated multi-story hotel in downtown, imagining days gone of seedy men pushing women and drugs from the corners and dark alley ways. Life was regained in my weary bones after a hot shower and clean clothes, time from my last seafood encounter was to great for comfort so I found a great sushi bar offering happy hour prices and ate my fill of Toro Tuna and Salmon.

Tiredness set in so I called it an early night, looking forward to staying with Mike and Morgan in Edmonds about 30 miles north of Seattle. the horizon surrounding Seattle is epic to say the least with Olympic mountains, a beautiful sound and endless exposed shores. Mike's and Morgan's house was situated in proud, tall trees, hiding neighbors and the coast only a few minutes walk. That evening we went next door to celebrate a birthday, over beers, steaks and campfire stories. So many people had opened their doors to me and the longing I held to be with people was great so I exchanged stories for their hospitality, an amazing deal I would do any day.

The following day I headed north to Vancouver with fresh baked cookies from Morgan and a set of directions through the beautiful roads over picturesque islands from Mike. Leaving Mike and Morgan, a realization occurred of the life that lay ahead, beyond this trip and beyond this year, Mike and Morgan had a great way of life in my eyes, surrounded by thoughtful and funny neighbors, in mountains and water, city life and woodland peacefulness, and most importantly each other. The thought of a life spent with another fought in my mind like children on a seesaw desperate to feel the ground beneath their feet, as I weaved my way through thick spruce and pine, I longed to hold Libby's hand, feel her touch and stand broken as I was forced to explain my actions when I was wrong. Could I spend my life with her or would I just become another penultimate boyfriend before she married another, just as I had been in every other relationship. The doubt of this wanting thought would battle in my mind for weeks to come, was this a lie to believe when your heart sits far from hand or a realization of feelings that I'd previously not dare believe.

Two many rises and falls of our star in different lands had set my sights on the idea of roots that until recent were deemed unattainable for a heart such as mine. Am I in love at last? Are these grand thoughts that now occupy the majority of my time a product of longing or have I earnt an honesty with myself from the gutter of roads less travelled and a product of selfish endeavor.

The crossing of the Canadian border was effortless as I punched the air to celebrate completed my first country, and in a weeks time would have crossed my second. Vancouver is constantly ranked as the one of the best places in the world to live as it strikes a beautiful balance between outdoor pursuits and the plethora only a city can contain. I had never been, yet had a dear friend I had been to University with, canadian born Jonny was a seaplane pilot, who i'd always admired his vigor and determination in anything he set his mind to.

I spent almost a week in Vancouver flying between the islands, drinking, hiking, eating and laughing. What a way to end my trip across North America. Next stop South Korea. I had my motorcycle crated and prepped by Pacific Motosports in Richmond BC, just down the road from LEI who flew my motorcycle via Korean Air to Incheon.

All the photos are here - http://ellioadventures.tumblr.com/
Paulemery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:49 AM   #68
CharlestonADV
I do my own stunts!

Oddometer: 488
Quote:
...I longed to hold Libby's hand, feel her touch and stand broken as I was forced to explain my actions when I was wrong. Could I spend my life with her or would I just become another penultimate boyfriend before she married another, just as I had been in every other relationship. The doubt of this wanting thought would battle in my mind for weeks to come...
Just my opinion...but preoccupation with those kind of thoughts will take a lot of fun out of an ADV journey. Better to have a maddening piece of music that keeps running through your head.
CharlestonADV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:36 PM   #69
Paulemery OP
Adventurer

You're right, gettiing out of my head and living for what goes on around me is my biggest challenge at the moment, maybe i'm not built for solo trips, i could do with someone to chat shit with and laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlestonADV View Post
Just my opinion...but preoccupation with those kind of thoughts will take a lot of fun out of an ADV journey. Better to have a maddening piece of music that keeps running through your head.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:25 PM   #70
Adv Grifter
on the road o'dreams

Oddometer: 6,128
Quote:
You're right, gettiing out of my head and living for what goes on around me is my biggest challenge at the moment, maybe i'm not built for solo trips, i could do with someone to chat shit with and laugh.
Better brush up on your Korean! ... and Russian?
Solo travel is tough. Not for everyone. Maybe check out some forums and hook up with some other riders? Horizon's Unlimited is always good for contacts. Good luck, safe riding!
Adv Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:38 PM   #71
dean-o
Dabs often

Oddometer: 842
reminding me of a return from northern idaho in 98

Quote:
hang in there bud... the road can make us think too much!
learning to "be" is challenging for many - i think i will always be in remediation.... hard...
cheers,
dean
dean-o is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:45 PM   #72
Paulemery OP
Adventurer

I am in Ulan Ude at the moment, at on Monday the 20th of May I will head to Ulan Bator and then across the southern route of Mongolia.

What dates do you expect to be in Kaz?

Also what route are you taking, I am totally nieve on the the route I should take north or south? any idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninMoto View Post
Where are you now?
I'm in Kyrgyzstan but I will probably go into Tajik before Kazakhstan again.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:43 AM   #73
Steve canyon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Quote:
Hey Paulemery enjoying the trip and like you have had to deal with the wandering mind whilst travelling solo for long stretches...I combat it by going faster and stopping more often to enjoy what was all around....

Hang in there dude, it's a journey of a lifetime..

Old 05-21-2013, 12:23 AM   #74
RoninMoto
Wanderer

Oddometer: 1,641
Quote:
I am in Ulan Ude at the moment, at on Monday the 20th of May I will head to Ulan Bator and then across the southern route of Mongolia.

What dates do you expect to be in Kaz?

Also what route are you taking, I am totally nieve on the the route I should take north or south? any idea?
Well, I just got my Tajik visa. So I will spend a week or so on the pamir. By the 7th or so I plan on being on my way through kazakhstan north to Altai.

If you are not planning on visiting Kyrgyzstan, I have to encourage you to. No visa requirements. people are amazing. Fuel is less than $1 per liter for 95 octane. The mountains are crazy. It has been very very good. I suppose it depends on your kazakh visa.

Uzbek on the other hand is mostly desert. You can't find fuel.. and if you do.. it is 80 octane. The people are nice.. but you will get stopped at about 20 police checkpoints crossing the country. none of them want bribe money, they just want to take all your information and photo copy your stuff. no big deal.. just takes about 30min to an hour each time.

I have not given much thought to what I will do in Mongolia. But I will have some time to explore because i'll be waiting on my friend to get there so we can continue into Russia together.
Facebook------------> https://www.facebook.com/RtwWithNoah
RoninMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:53 PM   #75
Paulemery OP
Adventurer

Mongolia