ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: When are you available to ride?
Saturdays 32 71.11%
Sundays 33 73.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 10:00 PM   #1
Little Bike OP
Air/Clutz Sue
 
Little Bike's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Temecula CA
Oddometer: 1,154
Noobs - Unite in Southern California Mountains!

In search of noobs (and those who don't mind riding with noobs ) who want to ride Big Bear (in May?) and other SoCal locations. So, if you're a noob or a more experienced rider who'd be interested in showing us the ropes in the mountains post up here.

Thanks!
__________________
In your helmet, no one can hear you scream.
Old(ish) Chick on a Bike

V-Strom 650 Adventure "Maxwell"
DR-Z400s "Little Donkey2"
Little Bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:03 PM   #2
airborndad
Beastly Adventurer
 
airborndad's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Montclair Ca.
Oddometer: 2,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bike View Post
In search of noobs (and those who don't mind riding with noobs ) who want to ride Big Bear (in May?) and other SoCal locations. So, if you're a noob or a more experienced rider who'd be interested in showing us the ropes in the mountains post up here.

Thanks!
Cool
I rarely get a chance to ride but sometimes everything lines up and I get to go
Will watch and see what happens here

Here's another thead to watch
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=638605
airborndad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #3
Dune Rider
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Hesperia, CA
Oddometer: 21
Always looking for new people to ride with

I'm in the Hesperia area and ride with friends that stage out of the High Desert for day rides up to the mountains or out to the desert on small (250cc) dual sport bikes. Our big trips are camping trips where we ride in and around the Death Valley area staging at Dumont Dunes.
Would love to have more riders with us regardless of level.

Let me know our when you are free and I'll put a trip together.
Dune Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #4
outlaws
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Oddometer: 271
I would be in for a n00bs ride. I am not experienced enough to show you guys around but would like to tag along.
outlaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:49 PM   #5
Molonlabemike
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Oddometer: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dune Rider View Post
I'm in the Hesperia area and ride with friends that stage out of the High Desert for day rides up to the mountains or out to the desert on small (250cc) dual sport bikes. Our big trips are camping trips where we ride in and around the Death Valley area staging at Dumont Dunes.
Would love to have more riders with us regardless of level.

Let me know our when you are free and I'll put a trip together.
I'm a semi noob in Rancho Cucamonga. I would up for any rides on Sundays!
Molonlabemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #6
slidewayes
slidewayes
 
slidewayes's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: HESPERIA CA
Oddometer: 448
lets see where this go's
slidewayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:31 PM   #7
McKay
Studly Adventurer
 
McKay's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Clovis, Ca.
Oddometer: 725
You have to STAND UP though LB

Im following....
__________________
Jeff
McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:00 PM   #8
Kali Trailrider
PLATED X2
 
Kali Trailrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Murrieta, CA
Oddometer: 459
South main divide this Sunday

I am a noob to street/adventure riding.

I would like to ride South main divide this Sunday.

Open to times and places to go.
Maybe...
Start at Hells kitchen off Hwy 74 maybe around 10 am and ride south to Temecula or even down into Fallbrook or wine country.

All pavement with some great views and scenery!!

Riding a Triumph Tiger 800xc

Any takers???
__________________
Let's roll...
Kali Trailrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:04 PM   #9
Little Bike OP
Air/Clutz Sue
 
Little Bike's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Temecula CA
Oddometer: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKay View Post
You have to STAND UP though LB

Im following....
Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, I need to email Jimmy and see if he has room in his April class. Guess I better get some knee braces!
__________________
In your helmet, no one can hear you scream.
Old(ish) Chick on a Bike

V-Strom 650 Adventure "Maxwell"
DR-Z400s "Little Donkey2"
Little Bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:08 PM   #10
BillAllen
aka OlGeezer
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Oddometer: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali Trailrider View Post
I am a noob to street/adventure riding.

I would like to ride South main divide this Sunday.

Open to times and places to go.
Maybe...
Start at Hells kitchen off Hwy 74 maybe around 10 am and ride south to Temecula or even down into Fallbrook or wine country.

All pavement with some great views and scenery!!

Riding a Triumph Tiger 800xc

Any takers???
I've got a prior commitment on Sunday, but I'm interested in future rides.
__________________
Off on Another Adventure!
2012 R1200 GSA Triple Black, of course
BillAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:10 PM   #11
Little Bike OP
Air/Clutz Sue
 
Little Bike's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Temecula CA
Oddometer: 1,154
Hey all respondees

Looks like we may be making some progress here! I'm available most weekends, really looking to get out on some dirt.

Kali, I'm up for road riding anytime. I want to see if I can get some dirt this Sunday, but if not.....

Dunerider - sounds good. If you don't mind posting up when/where you're going for the NoobNation that'd be great! Sounds like you've done the road from Rimrock to Big Bear - is that route noob friendly? I've always wanted to see that road, my bro and sister in law used to live up Burns Canyon.
__________________
In your helmet, no one can hear you scream.
Old(ish) Chick on a Bike

V-Strom 650 Adventure "Maxwell"
DR-Z400s "Little Donkey2"
Little Bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #12
Little Bike OP
Air/Clutz Sue
 
Little Bike's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Temecula CA
Oddometer: 1,154
Me again....

Go to the thread that AirBornDad listed (and go to the last page, look for the discussion on RFK) - there is a 100 mile, dual sport, fundraising ride in San Bernardino area this Sunday for children's cancer research. Any takers?
__________________
In your helmet, no one can hear you scream.
Old(ish) Chick on a Bike

V-Strom 650 Adventure "Maxwell"
DR-Z400s "Little Donkey2"

Little Bike screwed with this post 04-11-2013 at 08:29 PM
Little Bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:31 PM   #13
Little Bike OP
Air/Clutz Sue
 
Little Bike's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Temecula CA
Oddometer: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by airborndad View Post
Cool
I rarely get a chance to ride but sometimes everything lines up and I get to go
Will watch and see what happens here

Here's another thead to watch
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=638605
Thanks, just checked it out and saw the fundraising ride on Sunday. Looking like a plan for a fun day. Saw some other posts I want to get more info on - some really pretty looking roads in the mountains.
__________________
In your helmet, no one can hear you scream.
Old(ish) Chick on a Bike

V-Strom 650 Adventure "Maxwell"
DR-Z400s "Little Donkey2"
Little Bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:53 PM   #14
tbarstow
Two-wheelin' Fool
 
tbarstow's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Viva Lost Wages!
Oddometer: 3,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bike View Post
Me again....

Go to the thread that AirBornDad listed (and go to the last page, look for the discussion on RFK) - there is a 100 mile, dual sport, fundraising ride in San Bernardino area this Sunday for children's cancer research. Any takers?
The RFK is a great event! Partner up, leave early, keep your stops to a minimum, bring your GPS and roll chart holder, then have a great ride!
tbarstow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:06 PM   #15
Little Bike OP
Air/Clutz Sue
 
Little Bike's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Temecula CA
Oddometer: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbarstow View Post
The RFK is a great event! Partner up, leave early, keep your stops to a minimum, bring your GPS and roll chart holder, then have a great ride!
Yikes, roll chart holder. Any chance they have them at the event? I don't think any of the shops around here would carry them. Do they give you a good map of the route or just the roll chart?
Can I BE noobier!
__________________
In your helmet, no one can hear you scream.
Old(ish) Chick on a Bike

V-Strom 650 Adventure "Maxwell"
DR-Z400s "Little Donkey2"
Little Bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014