ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 08:27 AM   #1
Jurgen OP
Trolljegeren
 
Jurgen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Sandoval, Nuevo Mexico
Oddometer: 37,272
NW Arkansas/ SW Missouri

I know, I know. "Use the search function Jurgen!"

Having heard so much about the great roads of Arkansas a couple friends and I are looking at riding this area.

I welcome suggestions for place(s) to stay,moto friendly motel or better yet cabins. Not bottom feeder, but luxuries aren't required either. Nice & clean are the criteria.

Also roads to hit. Places to see. We will probably be spending two, maybe three nights in the area. This will be a road focused trip. I believe. Not looking at mega mile adventures but good 300 mile days with some stops in cool spots.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, and I hear that people in Arkansas eat this stuff called "BBQ" are there any must eat places in the NW part of the state.
__________________
They're nihilists, Donny, nothing to be afraid of.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrand_Russell
One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision.




Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:43 AM   #2
a1fa
Riding Nomad™
 
a1fa's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Arkansas
Oddometer: 13,299
Dual sport, or road riding?
__________________
Learn to ride. Ride to learn.
a1fa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:44 AM   #3
Jurgen OP
Trolljegeren
 
Jurgen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Sandoval, Nuevo Mexico
Oddometer: 37,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1fa View Post
Dual sport, or road riding?
Thanks. Road.
__________________
They're nihilists, Donny, nothing to be afraid of.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrand_Russell
One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision.




Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:44 AM   #4
DrLewall
The Human GPS
 
DrLewall's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Drakes Creek, AR
Oddometer: 28,458
OMG! You're coming here!

Probably a good place to base from is Dogpatch! Yes, it is real..The HUB is biker owned and is usually a place where many base from..it is on hwy 7 south of harrison and north of Jasper..from there, go north or south or east or west for some awesome riding

The HUB
DrLewall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:44 AM   #5
Krabill
Beastly Adventurer
 
Krabill's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Tulsa, OK
Oddometer: 4,041
Bubba's BBQ in Eureka Springs. Get the pork shoulder sandwich.

And of course you have to stop by the Oark Cafe for a greasy burger and some buttermilk pie.
__________________
Loud Sucks!
www.wrrdualsport.com
www.designatedvaping.com <- for all your electronic cigarette needs
Krabill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:47 AM   #6
a1fa
Riding Nomad™
 
a1fa's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Arkansas
Oddometer: 13,299
How far south do you want to go? All of the best riding in Arkansas is north of I40, and in between I540 and hwy 65.

How many days are you looking to ride?
Do you mind backtracking or do you want a continuous riding?
__________________
Learn to ride. Ride to learn.
a1fa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:58 AM   #7
Jurgen OP
Trolljegeren
 
Jurgen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Sandoval, Nuevo Mexico
Oddometer: 37,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1fa View Post
How far south do you want to go? All of the best riding in Arkansas is north of I40, and in between I540 and hwy 65.

How many days are you looking to ride?
Do you mind backtracking or do you want a continuous riding?
We will be coming up from San Antonio into Arkansas. My schedule isn't solid yet but hoping for a minimum of two full days riding in Arkansas. Maybe three.

Want to stay in the best riding. Don't mind backtracking. The ideal (for me) would be stay one place and loop out from there. But am open for suggestions.
__________________
They're nihilists, Donny, nothing to be afraid of.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrand_Russell
One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision.




Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #8
a1fa
Riding Nomad™
 
a1fa's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Arkansas
Oddometer: 13,299
This is about 2-3 days worth of riding... unforgetable, and you will hit all the known spots... There are a lot of hidden roads, but for tourists.. this is the mecca route:


View Larger Map
__________________
Learn to ride. Ride to learn.
a1fa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #9
a1fa
Riding Nomad™
 
a1fa's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Arkansas
Oddometer: 13,299
Here is a link http://tinyurl.com/arkansas-mecca

The route also includes "lunch" stop at Oark Cafe, in Oark, Arkansas... Popular TAT stop.
__________________
Learn to ride. Ride to learn.
a1fa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:02 AM   #10
jay547
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Broken Arrow, OK
Oddometer: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabill View Post
And of course you have to stop by the Oark Cafe for a greasy burger and some buttermilk pie.
Agreed.

jay547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:49 AM   #11
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer
 
NateLePain's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Central AR
Oddometer: 4,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
I know, I know. "Use the search function Jurgen!"

Having heard so much about the great roads of Arkansas a couple friends and I are looking at riding this area.

I welcome suggestions for place(s) to stay,moto friendly motel or better yet cabins. Not bottom feeder, but luxuries aren't required either. Nice & clean are the criteria.

Also roads to hit. Places to see. We will probably be spending two, maybe three nights in the area. This will be a road focused trip. I believe. Not looking at mega mile adventures but good 300 mile days with some stops in cool spots.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, and I hear that people in Arkansas eat this stuff called "BBQ" are there any must eat places in the NW part of the state.
Russellville would be the logical place to hub for riding in AR/SWMO. Plenty of hotels and restaurants and the riding is phenomenal in just about every direction.

Jap shops in Russellville, HD shops in Ft. Smith/Conway/LR/Rogers, BMW shop in Bentonville, KTM shop in LR/Fayetteville.

Inmates are concentrated around LR/Conway and Fayetteville, if you get in a bind, don't hesitate to holler for help. Lots of folks will be happy to lend a hand.

You probably already know this but Butler Maps has put together a "Road" map for Arkansas. Of course we gave 'em a hard time but would you expect less... Below is the link to the ADV thread, with some ordering info and local input.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=766421

nlp
__________________
'10 Triumph StRiple, '06 BMW F650GSA, '03 Honda XR80R, '03 Honda XR70R, '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex
NateLePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:00 PM   #12
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Upstate SC
Oddometer: 7,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
Oh, and I hear that people in Arkansas eat this stuff called "BBQ" are there any must eat places in the NW part of the state.
Not a lot of good BBQ in the NWA area IMO. Rivertown BBQ in Ozark is about the best I've found.
__________________
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:29 PM   #13
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer
 
NateLePain's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Central AR
Oddometer: 4,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Not a lot of good BBQ in the NWA area IMO. Rivertown BBQ in Ozark is about the best I've found.
Same for Central AR. Whole Hog in Conway is my favorite but still not as good as I found in East TX.

nlp
__________________
'10 Triumph StRiple, '06 BMW F650GSA, '03 Honda XR80R, '03 Honda XR70R, '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex
NateLePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #14
a1fa
Riding Nomad™
 
a1fa's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Arkansas
Oddometer: 13,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateLePain View Post
Same for Central AR. Whole Hog in Conway is my favorite but still not as good as I found in East TX.

nlp
They say you can find great BBQ in Memphis, but I say hell with that... You don't have to leave Conway to find good BBQ. There are two places here in town that are good. Jurgen if you do happen to come through Central Arkansas, I'll take you to a very good place - my treat.
__________________
Learn to ride. Ride to learn.
a1fa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:30 PM   #15
jay547
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Broken Arrow, OK
Oddometer: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateLePain View Post
but still not as good as I found in East TX.
Are you talking about Scholl Bros in Paris? Never had tried it. We went there Monday and they were closed.

We like Rivertowne too.
jay547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014