Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2013, 10:23 AM   #526
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 10,073
Just when it looked like Mike Alessi took charge of his own destiny; this...

I've been around motor racing my whole life. It has a long history of illicit behavior by some competitors, but usually that had to do with financing their sport. This laser thing is new to me, but the low life attempts to bully their will is pretty damning. I vote they ban the bunch of them. They've shown their colors all too long. The mechanics and drivers can find better employers.
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:28 AM   #527
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
Just when it looked like Mike Alessi took charge of his own destiny; this...

I've been around motor racing my whole life. It has a long history of illicit behavior by some competitors, but usually that had to do with financing their sport. This laser thing is new to me, but the low life attempts to bully their will is pretty damning. I vote they ban the bunch of them. They've shown their colors all too long. The mechanics and drivers can find better employers.
It is stupid, and embarrassing.
Should we just assume that Mike was aware of this?
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:55 AM   #528
pvangel
Team AARP

Oddometer: 2,325
Too soon?

pvangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:57 AM   #529
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 10,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. But it was his team. It is his job to be the boss and dictate his staff's behavior. Obviously he is incapable of that with the staff he employs.

I was a pit dad on a pro circuit for a long time. There comes a time when junior has to take over for himself, and it is usually sooner rather than later. I liked to be a part of it in some way, but that did not include calling any shots or running interferance. It is their race, not mine. Their sport. It's the only way.
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:04 AM   #530
RedRocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. But it was his team. It is his job to be the boss and dictate his staff's behavior. Obviously he is incapable of that with the staff he employs.

I was a pit dad on a pro circuit for a long time. There comes a time when junior has to take over for himself, and it is usually sooner rather than later. I liked to be a part of it in some way, but that did not include calling any shots or running interferance. It is their race, not mine. Their sport. It's the only way.
Yeah but mike is just the rider. Shouldn't they be punishing the team manager/Dad?
Old 07-23-2013, 11:37 AM   #531
MotoMike
Washed Up Desert Racer

Oddometer: 4,975
I know that in every form of racing I have participated in, both 2 and 4 wheel, the rider/driver is responsible for the actions of his/her crew, period. I have heard stories for years around so cal of the douchebag antics of the Alessi clan. One or two stories, someone with a grudge, steady stream of tales for YEARS, that sounds like more than a smear campaign by one or two people.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:49 AM   #532
RedRocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMike View Post
I know that in every form of racing I have participated in, both 2 and 4 wheel, the rider/driver is responsible for the actions of his/her crew, period. I have heard stories for years around so cal of the douchebag antics of the Alessi clan. One or two stories, someone with a grudge, steady stream of tales for YEARS, that sounds like more than a smear campaign by one or two people.

No question about the past. I think their dad is a dick, and it influenced the sons's behaviors too.
Over the past couple of seasons I was watching a more grown up Mike Alessi, working hard, and I was willing to overlook his younger years. I know it took me a while to become a grown up.

I'd say Mike had been trouble-free for the past while, but if he was aware of what Jeff was doing (no matter how inconsequential ) he should be slapped too.

I guess I understand how in the past a rider/ driver was responsible for his crew, but that was when the racer was also usually the owner, and team manager.
Nowadays the racer is really just one component, and I'd say that crew responsibilities and actions should rest on the shoulders of the team manager. In this case Alessi Sr.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #533
triumph406
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 151
This is off the MXA site, the green laser hits his visor at 0:15, pretty damning evidence.

http://motocrossactionmag.com/Main/N...-AN-10329.aspx
triumph406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:45 PM   #534
skwidd
where does this lead?

Oddometer: 16,636
Quote:
Yeah but mike is just the rider. Shouldn't they be punishing the team manager/Dad?

You smack them right where it hurts the most, and costs the most, or you have no order in the program.

That moran could have paralyzed or killed someone.

'02 BN125 Eliminator, oversize 150 rear tire, 1 down on the front sprocket, Amsoil full synthetic race oil, dual gremlin bells
skwidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #535
skwidd
where does this lead?

Quote:

I don't think Mike was aware of it, he has to know the consequences with his history.

'02 BN125 Eliminator, oversize 150 rear tire, 1 down on the front sprocket, Amsoil full synthetic race oil, dual gremlin bells
Old 07-23-2013, 01:14 PM   #536
skwidd
where does this lead?

Please somebody encourage Genova to sue Jeff and Tony.

Old 07-23-2013, 01:19 PM   #537
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
wtf are you smoking you fool he's shining a laser into peoples eyes.
Yeah,high powered green laser being shined in to the points leader's eyes................. Im thinking no more Alessi this year.

Amazingly stupid to stand in plain sight and do such a thing.
Then blame an ex-girlfriend and say the lazer is broken when its not.
Flakey.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:43 PM   #538
IgoFar
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 621
I've come to admire Mike in the past couple of seasons. He seems professional and works hard at what he does. I've always thought Tony was an asshole, but Mike seems okay. Now this? I really hope Mike didn't have any knowledge of this. Jeff should never be allowed to attend so much as a mud bog ever again. Whether Mike had any knowledge or not, this may have ended his career.
IgoFar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:44 PM   #539
Tork
Pinsetter

Oddometer: 3,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgoFar View Post
I've come to admire Mike in the past couple of seasons. He seems professional and works hard at what he does. I've always thought Tony was an asshole, but Mike seems okay. Now this? I really hope Mike didn't have any knowledge of this. Jeff should never be allowed to attend so much as a mud bog ever again. Whether Mike had any knowledge or not, this may have ended his career.
I was starting to see a less sniveling MA in recent years also . He had to know what his dumbass brother was up to . Feel a little bad for him . His father and brother got what they deserved .
Old 07-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #540
Tijuana_Taxi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 329
If you guys haven't listened to the www.pulpmxshow.com #139 podcast from last night you really should. They have Genova and Tony Alessi call in. At about the 3 hour mark Tony calls in and he really goes off the rails shortly after, DV is pretty damn funny too.
Tijuana_Taxi is offline   Reply With Quote