Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2013, 08:38 AM   #556
skwidd
where does this lead?

Oddometer: 17,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee2 View Post
Sounds like Mike is riding this weekend. Good for him. He really needs to get away from his dad as team manager or what ever he is.

With no proof that he had anything to do with the laser, I think his fine was to much. Any rider that flys to and from a race has no control over their crew. At that point it is big business. The rider that shows up with a bike in the back of a pickup and his girlfriend is the guy with control over his team. And probably not even then.

It's right there in the contract you sign for the racing license, all points and prize money are payable to the rider in his name, all penalties are on the rider for all team personnel.

'02 BN125 Eliminator, oversize 150 rear tire, 1 down on the front sprocket, Amsoil full synthetic race oil, dual gremlin bells
skwidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:54 AM   #557
Rockcat
LDA

Oddometer: 379
Quote:
With no proof that he had anything to do with the laser, I think his fine was to much. Any rider that flys to and from a race has no control over their crew. At that point it is big business. The rider that shows up with a bike in the back of a pickup and his girlfriend is the guy with control over his team. And probably not even then.
If the rider is responsible the hope is that their crew will behave for the benefit of their rider. In very big business like NASCAR, the driver is responsible for the actions of the crew.

Mike needs to pick a better crew.
Rockcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:54 AM   #558
Tee2
I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Oddometer: 1,231
Thanks, that good to know. And makes sense.

I sure would like to know about the business end of MX.

Tee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:00 PM   #559
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,817
OK. The green lazer thing has been done to death.

I liked the way Tomac got the start and rode away from Roczen and everybody else,all while using good lines and riding smooth instead of panic revving his way around the track like a lotta 250 4 stroke guys do.
Hes fun to watch in the air or on the ground!

He did about buy the farm near the last lap while out riding the edges but that can happen.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #560
triumph406
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
OK. The green lazer thing has been done to death.
According to who?

There's some peripheral issues that might take a while to sort out. Listen to the Pulpmx podcasts, Tony A made some slanderous statements about MXsports, and some accusations that he may come to regret. An attorney friend listened to the podcast, apparently TA made some statements that could have him defending himself in court according to my friend.

He needs to apologise in light of Jeff Alessi's apology that has set the story straight. I don't think he's done that yet.

We also don't know the long term future of Mike Allessi in MX racing, and whether MotoConcepts will come back next year.

No this has a long way to go before it's done to death.

It should really have it's own thread, so you can choose to ignore the thread if you you've had enough of the drama

triumph406 screwed with this post 07-25-2013 at 01:28 PM
triumph406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:41 PM   #561
skwidd
where does this lead?

Quote:
Thanks, that good to know. And makes sense.

I sure would like to know about the business end of MX.

Very boring, very nasty at times, and very political, all to protect the team and sponsors.

The conduct clauses are the easy part, so it always surprises me when they fuck that up.

'02 BN125 Eliminator, oversize 150 rear tire, 1 down on the front sprocket, Amsoil full synthetic race oil, dual gremlin bells
Old 07-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #562
skwidd
where does this lead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by triumph406 View Post
According to who?

There's some peripheral issues that might take a while to sort out. Listen to the Pulpmx podcasts, Tony A made some slanderous statements about MXsports, and some accusations that he may come to regret. An attorney friend listened to the podcast, apparently TA made some statements that could have him defending himself in court according to my friend.

He needs to apologise in light of Jeff Alessi's apology that has set the story straight. I don't think he's done that yet.

We also don't know the long term future of Mike Allessi in MX racing, and whether MotoConcepts will come back next year.

No this has a long way to go before it's done to death.

It should really have it's own thread, so you can choose to ignore the thread if you you've had enough of the drama

Mike has an opportunity to clean the shit off his shoes and save his career, he better make the best of it.

Old 07-25-2013, 03:57 PM   #563
MotoMike
Washed Up Desert Racer

Oddometer: 5,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by skwidd View Post
Mike has an opportunity to clean the shit off his shoes and save his career, he better make the best of it.
I wonder, even if from this point on he is the poster child for a perfect human being and awesome moto racer, if he could ever really put all this behind him. I think the damage is done permanently, any future (potential) employer is going to look at his track record and say no thanks.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:39 PM   #564
skwidd
where does this lead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMike View Post
I wonder, even if from this point on he is the poster child for a perfect human being and awesome moto racer, if he could ever really put all this behind him. I think the damage is done permanently, any future (potential) employer is going to look at his track record and say no thanks.
He can certainly get on another outfit like the current team, in case they pull the plug for next year, but he has zero chance of ever being employed by a factory team.

He and tony have pissed in that elevator too many times, and they are the reason Yoshimura Suzuki won't even share so much as software with that team, even if they paid for it.

Kawasaki might sign the family up for a one way long range offshore Jet Ski race.

Old 07-25-2013, 06:39 PM   #565
pvangel
Team AARP

Oddometer: 2,428
pvangel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:30 PM   #566
nachtflug OP
infidel

Oddometer: 46,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteN95 View Post
Wow, the speed is just phenomenal!?! Had a great time and it didn't get too hot.
this can't be overstated. these guy are on another planet.

every main has 40 guys on the gate. you could take all the guys who don't make the mains, put them on a track and most people would be amazed at what they were seeing. amazed. when you really digest what your top 40 are doing it does not compute. the top 10? fantasy. and they do it 28 weeks a year with MX and SX. they can't fill the gates in europe and here you've got dozens of guys fighting for 2-4 spots in a LCQ. anyone who has the chance to see the 2 Ryans on the track at the same time in their prime needs to do it they are really taking it to another level not seen before and that includes the goat.
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:08 PM   #567
pvangel
Team AARP

Oddometer: 2,428
Flug We will be at Southwick next Friday all day for a private open practice and then Race ACR vintage on Saturday, come up and see how slow we go compared to the pro's!
pvangel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:18 AM   #568
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 24,420
my name skip this year

Go forth and be a force of the awesome!
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:16 PM   #569
nachtflug OP
infidel

Oddometer: 46,106