User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2013, 06:42 AM   #766
withiam
Philogynist

Oddometer: 244
????

Waiting for the payback. Listen to Pulp's post race podcast interview with Barcia. Bam Bam has not really bam bam'd all season. Like to see something at the next wonderful venue, at the season closer.

withiam screwed with this post 08-20-2013 at 02:36 PM
withiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:51 AM   #767
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
the clips I saw of NBC highlights didn't look all that bad. I'm not in favor of a man made track but I am in favor of a facility with amenities. Can't imagine how they can draw in a place as in the middle of nowhere as Utah. They ought to put a fence around that state and keep all those wierdo's confined and not allow normal people in. what a strange bunch of people and vibe if I never got back to Utah it will be too soon.
My brother lived there briefly in the 80's.The first thing he saw was a t shirt with"Welcome to Utah,set you're watch back 20 yrs."
Old 08-18-2013, 06:57 AM   #768
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,812
I was watching for Bam Bam to come out in moto 2 but really was no opportunity for that, haven't listened to the pod cast yet, I assume Barcia has some interesting comments?

As for Utah, that has to be one of the best M/C states, both pavement and off road, mountains, desert and the people and vibes aren't so bad, sort of funny actually.
They have Polygamy beer, why have just one?

And I'm from Oklahoma, so I set my watch ahead one hour

GL1800
FZ-1 For sale
Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:17 AM   #769
nachtflug OP
infidel

Oddometer: 45,196
so the outdoor season is a wrap with one race left.

1. As much as I like Dungey part of me wants RV to eclipse every record RC has so we can stop hearing about how great he was which he seems all too quick to agree with.

2. Chad Reed must really have some physical issues he was so close to RV in 2012 and now this.

3. Eli Tomac is one hell of a rider.

4. JGRMX continues to prove that all your fathers money might be nice for custom fuel tanks from the local NASCAR fab shop but don't try and impress Weston Peick with them.

5. Justin Barcia would appear to have under achieved a tad, maybe it's a good example of just how much of a beast the 450's are to ride at that level.

6. So much for the return of Jason Lawrence and thank god for the continued absence of Josh Hansen.

7. Assuming he rides in 2014 I've got $20 James Stewart won't be on a Suzuki. I wouldn't be surprised if ANYONE isn't on a Suzuki.

8. Blink your eye it will be September. Hey in November there is a big 3 race series in North Carolina one of which The Jammer is hosting at his facility. Total pro purse = $50K as in 50 large.

Road trip!
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:22 AM   #770
b3h
ol dog on a stray

Oddometer: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMP Media View Post
Just to clear up any misinformation:

--The track you saw in the video will not look like that this weekend. We have trucked in 200 truckloads of river-bottom dirt and sand to put on top of the base surface. We're laying that down, ripping it in and having an amateur practice day on Friday to get it worked in real nice.

--You can sit in the grandstands if you want, but we're allowing people to stand along the armco all around the MX track. If it's dirt in your face that you want, we can help you with that. You can also race karts on our excellent karting track, ride our zipline and visit our museum full of Cobras, Shelby Mustangs and Ford GT40s.

--And yes, this is not your traditional MX track. We have worked with MX Sports and Alli Sports to create something that's kind of in between SX and MX. This is what we were asked to do, and we are trying to do the best we can. We are COMPLETELY stoked about hosting MX, and we want everyone to come out and have a bunch of fun with us. Obviously, we've never done one of these events before and we're on a very steep learning curve. There will, no doubt, be some mistakes made and lessons learned this year. We will try to minimize those and put on the best event we can for the riders and the fans. I know some people are saying, "Oh, it's the death of MX!" It's not. It's just one venue that's a little different, and we're trying to provide the best of both worlds not only for the riders and fans, but the sponsors and TV crews too.

Please give us a shot. We appreciate the support, and we promise to do the best we possibly can.

Thanks,
Miller Motorsports Park
Sure hope u will advise on lessons learned and changes going forward. Thanks for takin the time
b3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:17 PM   #771
SGrider
376 miles to Chicago

Oddometer: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgoFar View Post
Weston Piek. Someone needs to step up and give this guy a shot. He's pretty impressive.
Perhaps Kawasaki should dump Weimer and put Piek on the other factory bike.

One thing is for sure about this year, Villipoto and Dungey really upped the level. They have made a lot of riders look just average, Stewart can't seem to hang with them race long, Barcia and Canard were expected to be forces but couldn't match the pace all year long that those two displayed. Imagine how boring it would have been if either Villipoto or Dungey weren't out there, the other guy would have run away with most of the races!
SGrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:24 PM   #772
IgoFar
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 598
Quote:

1. As much as I like Dungey part of me wants RV to eclipse every record RC has so we can stop hearing about how great he was which he seems all too quick to agree with.

2. Chad Reed must really have some physical issues he was so close to RV in 2012 and now this.

4. JGRMX continues to prove that all your fathers money might be nice for custom fuel tanks from the local NASCAR fab shop but don't try and impress Weston Peick with them.

5. Justin Barcia would appear to have under achieved a tad, maybe it's a good example of just how much of a beast the 450's are to ride at that level.

6. So much for the return of Jason Lawrence and thank god for the continued absence of Josh Hansen.

7. Assuming he rides in 2014 I've got $20 James Stewart won't be on a Suzuki. I wouldn't be surprised if ANYONE isn't on a Suzuki.

8. Blink your eye it will be September. Hey in November there is a big 3 race series in North Carolina one of which The Jammer is hosting at his facility. Total pro purse = $50K as in 50 large.

Road trip!
Tell me more about this North Carolina series!
IgoFar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:13 PM   #773
GotMojo?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,105
Quote:

Road trip!
#22 was real quiet this year.... wonder if its time for him to hang it up. Will he come back for another SX season to run mid pack? I doubt it...maybe he will focus on running the team and hire a young gun to do the ridin'.

#7 was starting to impress me again with several very consistent races... then the neck injury. Is he getting too old? He seems to be hurt a lot.... time to retire and switch to racing cages like all the others do?

Can't wait for SX to start!!
GotMojo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:55 PM   #774
nachtflug OP
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgoFar View Post
Tell me more about this North Carolina series!
http://www.jwtfmx.com/ai1ec_event/wa...tance_id=18882
Old 08-18-2013, 06:00 PM   #775
nachtflug OP
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotMojo? View Post
#22 was real quiet this year.... wonder if its time for him to hang it up. Will he come back for another SX season to run mid pack? I doubt it...maybe he will focus on running the team and hire a young gun to do the ridin'.

#7 was starting to impress me again with several very consistent races... then the neck injury. Is he getting too old? He seems to be hurt a lot.... time to retire and switch to racing cages like all the others do?
they finished 39th and 40th overall yesterday.

I seriously doubt Reed will come back if he knows he'll be consistently running out of the top 5.

But I have to think that he can't have lost THAT much from 2012 to 2013?

Health aside.

Maybe riding 2013 was the wrong call for him?
Old 08-18-2013, 07:04 PM   #776
YOGOI
Prick

Oddometer: 3,446
Quote:
I never got back to Utah it will be too soon.
I agree.

04 950 GO!!!!! 2011 250 XC 89 Transalp 69 350 CL 04 225 XT

08 450 XC-F SOLD to a good home
YOGOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:13 PM   #777
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOGOI View Post
I agree.
Ouch

Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:00 PM   #778
Tee2
I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Oddometer: 1,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOGOI View Post
I agree.
Well played.

Tee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:13 PM   #779
bigborefan
Making new friends

Oddometer: 1,274
That move by Mookie on Barcia was awesome. I lost all respect for "Bam Bam" with his peel out move on the Medical crew in SX. Then he cried like a little bitch. It's gonna take a lot for him to win me over.

You meet the nicest people on a Honda
bigborefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:19 PM   #780
skwidd
where does this lead?

Oddometer: 16,110
Quote:
they finished 39th and 40th overall yesterday.

I seriously doubt Reed will come back if he knows he'll be consistently running out of the top 5.

But I have to think that he can't have lost THAT much from 2012 to 2013?

Health aside.

Maybe riding 2013 was the wrong call for him?
SX is much easier, and his ego is so big, I say he makes a go of it next year and bows out before the men's series in May.

It will be good if he can keep the team going, but Honda committing to Geico for Eli and maybe 1 more 450 guy will limit his program.

Eli is next.

'02 BN125 Eliminator, oversize 150 rear tire, 1 down on the front sprocket, Amsoil full synthetic race oil, dual gremlin bells
skwidd is offline   Reply With Quote