Here's some dozen new models for 2015.

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/201...tomobiles&_r=0

Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 05:40 PM   #2
TEXenvy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Talking

Looks like the ninja 1000 has a brother, Versys 1000 with hand guards... That should help with the insurance costs in name alone.
TEXenvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 05:54 PM   #3
mjfields_228
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXenvy View Post
Looks like the ninja 1000 has a brother, Versys 1000 with hand guards... That should help with the insurance costs in name alone.
A lot cheaper insurance than the fooking H2!!!!

The Versys 1000 will surely be a splendid machine and meet a lot of riders expectations. Getting my start into riding in 2010 on a Versys 650 and since then owning/riding several different moto's I am a little partial to the V:)

I just wish it had a bigger fuel tank and was set up to take on some light off road duties. Not being hard to please, just being wishful!
mjfields_228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 07:30 PM   #4
Chisenhallw
Avowed Pussbag

Oddometer: 5,976
Kawasaki brought their A-game this year.
I review motorcycles for 2wheelsandamotor.com LoPL Twisty Weekend
Chisenhallw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 05:49 AM   #5
motoracer51
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 647
Any new/improved sport tourers this year?
motoracer51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 06:19 AM   #6
670ccc
Banned

Oddometer: 123
The 650 Vstrom is a great bike, but damn the new model with the beak is one of the ugliest things I've seen in a long time. The 1000 looks good with the beak because the bodywork was designed together. The 650 looks like they just threw it on. Hideous.
670ccc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 06:55 AM   #7
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 11,223
Damn. Any way you slice it, the last two years have been an amazing time for motorcycle development. There are so many cool bikes available now it's ridiculous. I'm actually eying several cruiser now...never thought I'd say that, but the Bolt C spec, the Vulcan 650S and even the new Scout look sweet.

Then all the cool small bikes coming out is a boon for new, returning and smaller riders, or just those of us who want something small and light. Then the crop of sweet naked machines like the FZ07/09 and the "de-sported" sport bikes from Suzuki? Man...what a time.

Disapointed with the new Versys 650 styling though. Way too hard edged and pointy looking now. I'm so over "Beaks".

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 03:00 PM   #8
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciferMutt View Post
Damn. Any way you slice it, the last two years have been an amazing time for motorcycle development. There are so many cool bikes available now it's ridiculous. I'm actually eying several cruiser now...never thought I'd say that, but the Bolt C spec, the Vulcan 650S and even the new Scout look sweet.

Then all the cool small bikes coming out is a boon for new, returning and smaller riders, or just those of us who want something small and light. Then the crop of sweet naked machines like the FZ07/09 and the "de-sported" sport bikes from Suzuki? Man...what a time.

Disapointed with the new Versys 650 styling though. Way too hard edged and pointy looking now. I'm so over "Beaks".

I think the new Versys 650 styling is a huge improvement over the previous "cyclop" look. I guess it just shows how styling changes tend to grow on us over time.

Travels with Maw Maw
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 04:47 PM   #9
X1Glider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXenvy View Post
Ain't dat da troof.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:55 PM   #10
Chisenhallw
Avowed Pussbag

Oddometer: 5,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciferMutt View Post

Me too, but I bought a Concours instead of a Versys because I couldn't get over that stupid cyclops headlight. A lot of owners love it and for good reason but it turned me right off.

What I wonder is when the depressed pricing we're seeing right now is going to start to ripple out from the market. Right now, in my head, I compare a lot of things to the price of a new S1000R - $13k. That's insanely cheap for the bike you get, and a lot of other places you get a lot of bike for the money. I believe we're already seeing the ripple effects on the bottom end of the market - Royal Enfield has lowered prices. Who's next?
I review motorcycles for 2wheelsandamotor.com LoPL Twisty Weekend
Chisenhallw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 03:26 AM   #11
sloryder
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
From L...Mutt, > "Damn. Any way you slice it, the last two years have been an amazing time for motorcycle development". Yes! We may be living in the golden age of motorcycles! So many choices, so little cash.
sloryder is offline   Reply With Quote