Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 10:48 AM   #136
Weird Bug
Weird BUG

Oddometer: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripple View Post
I have this internal struggle I guess.

I flip flop back and forth trying to decide.

I go back and forth...

I dunno,...
Sums it in in one thread, but I guess he got 7 pages instead.

Success!
Old 04-18-2013, 11:13 AM   #137
corndog67
Banned

Oddometer: 1,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by single View Post
That wasn't his point at all. He was pointing out the only thing one of those bikes gains you is it's ability to do completely idiotic stunts on public roads. No one is denying there is a large subculture of motorcycle enthusiasts who like to do 100 mph wheelies and cruise at a buck fiddy down the interstate. That will probably never change and if you want to do those stunts, no one is going to stop you except the police or death. Let's be honest about the bike's abilities and public roads.
You make a statement like whatever you believe, is absolutely the right way, as in, the police or death is the absolute end result, and that owning one of these, is going to lead to idiotic stunts on public roads. A DRZ400 will do wheelies all day long. A 600 will do 155-160. As far as the bikes abilities on public roads, like I said, keep your right hand connected to your brain. You can kill yourself on a 1974 CB350. So saying that buying one of these is certain death or prison is completely wrong.

Don't like them, don't buy one.

As far as what they gain you, have you ever ridden one? Completely docile, below 4000rpm. You can go forever without getting it "on the pipe". I know guys that get 8000 miles out of a rear tire on their big bores. They aren't doing 160 anywhere they go. They just ride like a normal rider.

Your statement is incorrect.

corndog67 screwed with this post 04-18-2013 at 11:18 AM
corndog67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:29 AM   #138
single
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Yes, I've ridden one, and actually currently own one. I suspect based on the responses the other people talking sense about public displays of idiocy also have owned one. It's a bit disingenuous of you to assume that the people talking about these bikes have never owned one.

We are talking totally about public street riding and the advantages in that context. And my statement and others statement about the same is not incorrect at all.

And to clarify, I never said the only result of owning a literbike is death or police = I said if you are exploiting the performance advantages a CBR1000RR has over a CB1000R on public roads that is the result. And I stand by my statement 100%.
single is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:32 AM   #139
Unleaded
Unit Train

Oddometer: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unleaded View Post
Alternatively, you could listen to the wiser riders who choose not to use a literbike to it's full capacity on the street and lessen the chances of splintering yourself or another member of the public across the landscape.
CD67: At what point did I say any given bike will automatically cause death or pain? Only one post in this thread suggested anyone actually DID use a literbike in that fashion. I suggested it may not be the best idea. Fairly common sense, I thought.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:51 AM   #140
corndog67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unleaded View Post
CD67: At what point did I say any given bike will automatically cause death or pain? Only one post in this thread suggested anyone actually DID use a literbike in that fashion. I suggested it may not be the best idea. Fairly common sense, I thought.
Use common sense in riding it, and it will never be an issue.

And the the statement, riding it to it's full capacity on the street. Very few people are riding anything to it's full capacity on the street. Whether it's that theoretical CB3540-4, or the S1000RR. You aren't riding your bike to it's full capacity, I'm not riding my bikes to their full capacity, what's your point? If riding to the full capacity was a requirement, we'd all be riding KZ200s. Hard to get into trouble on those, but I'm sure people have died trying.

To the OP, buy whatever makes you smile. Don't let the nervous Nellies scare you off. If you feel you can handle it, you're an adult, make your own decision.

corndog67 screwed with this post 04-18-2013 at 11:58 AM
Old 04-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #141
duke944
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by corndog67 View Post
Use common sense in riding it, and it will never be an issue.
Right, but that does beg the question: what's the point then? especially when the ergos are so extreme.
duke944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:04 PM   #142
corndog67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Right, but that does beg the question: what's the point then? especially when the ergos are so extreme.

What's the point of buying a K1600GT, when a KZ200 will do the same thing, which is, get you to where you're going?

Why, because we want it. Why buy an Escalade, when you can buy a 1977 Toyota Corolla that will get 4 times the gas mileage, and still get you there.

I get it. You don't like liter bikes. I do. The OP does. They sell a load of them. Buy what you like.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #143
Unleaded
Unit Train

Oddometer: 744
Quote:
"And a 600 is too fast, too, you'll never use all the power!". Well, you might not, but I will. I've got several wide open roads around here, completely deserted, and when I had open class bikes, I'd use them all the time....120 mph wheelies, here you come

Quote:
Very few people are riding anything to it's full capacity on the street.
Waffle much?
Old 04-18-2013, 12:18 PM   #144
duke944
Adventurer

Quote:
What's the point of buying a K1600GT, when a KZ200 will do the same thing, which is, get you to where you're going?

Why, because we want it. Why buy an Escalade, when you can buy a 1977 Toyota Corolla that will get 4 times the gas mileage, and still get you there.

I get it. You don't like liter bikes. I do. The OP does. They sell a load of them. Buy what you like.
That's a very poor example, the GT has shit-loads of useable power at all rpms in all gears. Try again.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:02 PM   #145
single
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Not only is it a poor example it is responding to a point no one said. Ultimately you have to buy what makes you happy, and if a literbike is it, so be it. There is certainly a pride of ownership factor to consider as well as the jewelry-style garage bling factor to consider when buying a motorcycle.

The points being made so far are about the practical performance differences with respect to street riding.
single is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #146
corndog67
Banned

Quote:
That's a very poor example, the GT has shit-loads of useable power at all rpms in all gears. Try again.
No, its not a poor example. A KZ200 will get you other as well as the new BMW. How is that a poor example? You'll never use everything the K1600 has either. You guys can twist it around all you want. If you don't want liter bike, don't buy one. The OP says he wants one, and you dumb fucks just keep twisting shit around.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:01 PM   #147
duke944
Adventurer

The bus will get you around too Corndog. My point (and others here) is that except for 1st gear you need to speed to utilize what a liter bike has to offer engine-wise. You came back with this silly comparison, ignoring the original point. A K1600GT has crazy amounts of torque, which you can enjoy at legal speeds every time you twist the throttle.
Of forget it, you are obviously beyond reason. Enjoy your bike.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:07 PM   #148
opmike
Choosing to be here.

Oddometer: 334
Another thread gone to shit.
"you want to fix the Pledge of Allegiance, put a disclaimer at the end: with liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states."
opmike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:11 PM   #149
corndog67
Banned

Quote:
The bus will get you around too Corndog. My point (and others here) is that except for 1st gear you need to speed to utilize what a liter bike has to offer engine-wise. You came back with this silly comparison, ignoring the original point. A K1600GT has crazy amounts of torque, which you can enjoy at legal speeds every time you twist the throttle.
Of forget it, you are obviously beyond reason. Enjoy your bike.
We're not talking the K1600s merits. We're talking about whether you can use everything a literbike has. You aren't going to use everything a K1600 has either. In fact , a CB350 has more than enough to get from point a to point b. You seem to be missing that

Never mind, you'll never get it, poor comprehension.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #150
Tom-Nor
Wannabe Adventurer

Oddometer: 440
Quote:
If you have to ask, you will never get it.