Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 12:53 AM   #196
stripple OP
Runnin' Hard

Oddometer: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
Next they'll tell us they've got a better religion too. Mine is asphalt and rubber.

You and I think very much the same. Mine is training.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:26 AM   #197
Tom-Nor
Wannabe Adventurer

Oddometer: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripple View Post
Tom-Nor, why would I die on a powerful bike when you wouldn't?
Becouse some wisemen told so her
If you buy a ZX10R you will die just looking at it
Old 04-19-2013, 04:31 AM   #198
Tom-Nor
Wannabe Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado_Rider View Post
Totally inadequate.

There's something to be said for less capable bikes, they are enginered for the street to be ridden by ordinary riders. Race replica bikes have supersport racing in their DNA which none of us here can put to use and it makes them less practical pretty much all around. They're fun but I wouldn't want to tour on one that for sure.
Who cares for what you like?
Why do you try to force your opinion on others?
Old 04-19-2013, 07:55 AM   #199
Colorado_Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom-Nor View Post
Who cares for what you like?
Why do you try to force your opinion on others?
Are you fucking kidding me? Did you just flame me for posting an opinion? That's 75% of what the internet is for these days, get over yourself.

And FWIW, I totally support touring on a bike such as yours, I nearly bought one.
Colorado_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:54 AM   #200
duke944
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by corndog67 View Post
This last paragraph tells me you've never ridden one.

A ZX-10 has 60ft lbs of torque at 3500 rpm. You are full of shit. That's more torque than your Duc 944 makes at 7000 rpm.

Edit. Unbelieveable. You're spouting all this bullshit like an authority on the subject and you've never ridden one. Repeating shit that someone told you, a liter bike has no low end (?), fuckin' incredible. Have you ridden a K1600? You know all about those , too.
Who says I still ride a Duc? why are you making shit up?
http://motorcycleperformance.files.w.../dynozx10r.jpg
more like 40 ft lbs at 3500, but the gearing is so tall it's not going to feel that strong down low. The real world isn't a dyno, that I have to explain that to you tells me you have much less experience than I.
For the record I could care less what bike you or anyone else rides - my opinion that liter bikes are a stupid choice for the street is just that - an opinion. Ride what makes you happy.
duke944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:52 AM   #201
single
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado_Rider View Post
Are you fucking kidding me? Did you just flame me for posting an opinion? That's 75% of what the internet is for these days, get over yourself.

And FWIW, I totally support touring on a bike such as yours, I nearly bought one.
This whole thread is people going ape shit over people posting their experiences and opinions.

Looking back I posted a very obvious and practically self evident point that it's stupid to exceed the limits of a [insert 1000 cc naked street fighter here] during street riding so by extension there isn't much point to riding a full on sport liter bike on the streets considering only performance potential. To this obvious point I've gotten the following responses:

- you obviously never rode a liter bike bro, so your opinion sucks
- you suck at riding bro, I'm like top 1% riders in the world and you suck some people can actually ride
- you are scared to ride and those bikes just scare you, everybody else is better then you bro sell your bike and never buy one again
- you must be 100 years old bro, not all of us live in retirement homes
- you are so ignorant bro, keep talking up your game bro
- you are turning this into a police state bro, don't sell me your better religion

What an enlightning response. You should all pat yourselves on the back for refutting my silly claims.

And yes it's true, riding almost any bike near the limits on the street is stupid, it's just particularly the case when comparing big street fighters with their literbike counterparts. I'm now ready for the vitriolic indignation about how that doesn't make sense.
single is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:16 AM   #202
stripple OP
Runnin' Hard

[QUOTE=Tom-Nor;21221353]Becouse some wisemen told so her

I appreciate that English isn't your first language, but I didn't quite get that...

Try again?
Old 04-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #203
corndog67
Banned

Oddometer: 1,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Who says I still ride a Duc? why are you making shit up?
http://motorcycleperformance.files.w.../dynozx10r.jpg
more like 40 ft lbs at 3500, but the gearing is so tall it's not going to feel that strong down low. The real world isn't a dyno, that I have to explain that to you tells me you have much less experience than I.
For the record I could care less what bike you or anyone else rides - my opinion that liter bikes are a stupid choice for the street is just that - an opinion. Ride what makes you happy.
Its still obvious you've never ridden one. And I bet I have more experience, more miles, and have owned more bikes than you. You're talking about something you have no experience with, whatsoever, in other words, talking out your ass. The 2 dyno charts I referenced (from a race shop I worked at) showed right about 60 lb ft at 3000-4000rpm. More than enough to spin the tire or wheelie out of turns, tall gearing or not
I notice you haven't said you've ever ridden or owned one. Once again, an opinion that has no actual experience, other than you don't like something you've never ridden. Tall gearing? First is good from 0-100 mph. Those bikes will idle around at 1100 rpm, docile as a pussycat, until you stretch the throttle cables.

You don't have a clue. I've owned them. I've tracked them. I know how they work. And yes, they will put the front off at 120mph. Just right.
corndog67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:35 PM   #204
Tom-Nor
Wannabe Adventurer

[QUOTE=stripple;21223259]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom-Nor View Post
Becouse some wisemen told so her

I appreciate that English isn't your first language, but I didn't quite get that...

Try again?
I was ironic when i wrote that you wher gona die if you bought a Tuono V4R.
Some her think that RR or hyper toureres = death or mayhem.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:54 PM   #205
corndog67
Banned

Oddometer: 1,281
[QUOTE=Tom-Nor;21224187]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripple View Post
I was ironic when i wrote that you wher gona die if you bought a Tuono V4R.
Some her think that RR or hyper toureres = death or mayhem.
Apparently, most of the guys here do. If you're scared, stay home.
corndog67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:24 PM   #206
Unleaded
Unit Train

Oddometer: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by corndog67 View Post
If you're scared, stay home.
Exactly. I hesitated to mention it before, but I actually have a 10 year old R1 with zero miles on the clock. I've wheelied it everywhere I've gone. I don't even run a tire on the front to save weight for extra performance in the twisties. Different strokes and all that.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #207
stripple OP
Runnin' Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unleaded View Post
C'mon girls, let's get out of here. These guys are way too internet-fast for us.

*hairflip*

Gentlemen, we have crashed into the side of the mountain and burst into flames...

Whatever side of the argument you are on, there has been some seriously funny responses here, thanks for the laughs guys.

Thaw one above gave me a genuine belly laugh.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #208
stripple OP
Runnin' Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
You're a little late for the old woman gathering.

My other favorite.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:39 PM   #209
NuckaMan
Space Available

Oddometer: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ldhippie View Post
WOW!!!! This has gone off the deep end!!!
My 2 cents: Liter bikes are the best handling, best stopping, quickest bikes made. That makes them the safest bikes out on the street! I don't understand how anyone can argue that????? I admit to being a crappy rider, proven on the track many times, but i feel safer commuting on a liter bike than anything I've ever ridden. It is the rider that does crazy/stupid stuff, not the bike!!!!
A post with some good insight.

Not sure why so many people shit on superbikes and their owners.

Who said one has to use ANYTHING to it's limit. Car, motorcycle, bicycle, lawnmower, gas-powered margarita blender....what's wrong with simply pride in ownership?

2012 Kawasaki Concours 14

2013 Triumph Bonneville
NuckaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #210
single
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckaMan View Post
A post with some good insight.

Not sure why so many people shit on superbikes and their owners.

Who said one has to use ANYTHING to it's limit. Car, motorcycle, bicycle, lawnmower, gas-powered margarita blender....what's wrong with simply pride in ownership?
Not sure where this persecution complex comes from. No one shitted on superbike owners in this thread, in fact I'd say many superbike owners who responded actually shit all over themselves with very little help needed.
single is offline   Reply With Quote