Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 02:23 AM   #121
corndog67
Banned

Oddometer: 1,281
Fz1 isn't in the same league as a CBR, GSXR, R1, or ZX10.

Cracks me up when someone, usually someone that has never owned one, says they're ludicrous when talking about the power of a SuperSport 1000. "And a 600 is too fast, too, you'll never use all the power!". Well, you might not, but I will. I've got several wide open roads around here, completely deserted, and when I had open class bikes, I'd use them all the time. Don't buy one of those, "I" don't like them. Fuckin pussies.

Get the ZX, or GSXR, or CBR, or R1, they're all the same, just a little different flavor, pick yours. There's a ton of different handlebar bends. Those bikes are fairly cheap now and getting cheaper. 120 mph wheelies, here you come
Fuck, I might have to do this myself.

corndog67 screwed with this post 04-18-2013 at 02:48 AM
corndog67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:25 AM   #122
Colorado_Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,178
With the Aprilia you'll be filling up every 100 miles and they cost and arm and a leg.

Speaking of which, there are so many disadvantages to touring on a sportbike, range is one of them not to mention you'll be rowing the gearbox everywhere and 1st is so high getting through cities and traffic jams sucks major balls, plus all the power is up top. I changed my mind, get an FZ1, put an exhaust on it and concentrate on perfecting the suspension, that's where the real fun happens baby!
Colorado_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:27 AM   #123
Colorado_Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by corndog67 View Post

Cracks me up when someone, usually someone that has never owned one, says they're ludicrous when talking about the power of a SuperSport 1000. "And a 600 is too fast, too, you'll never use all the power!". Well, you might not, but I will. I've got several wide open roads around here, completely deserted, and when I had open class bikes, I'd use them all the time. Don't buy one of those, "I" don't like them. Fuckin pussies.

Get the ZX, or GSXR, or CBR, or R1, they're all the same, just a little different flavor, pick yours. There's a ton of different handlebar bends. Those bikes are fairly cheap now and getting cheaper. 120 mph wheelies, here you come
Fuck, I might have to do this myself.
Totally agree, you can use all the power of a Busa or whatever on every ride, ever hear of an on ramp?
Old 04-18-2013, 07:35 AM   #124
Unleaded
Unit Train

Oddometer: 805
Quote:
Don't buy one of those, "I" don't like them. Fuckin pussies.
Alternatively, you could listen to the wiser riders who choose not to use a literbike to it's full capacity on the street and lessen the chances of splintering yourself or another member of the public across the landscape.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:11 AM   #125
VFR
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unleaded View Post
Alternatively, you could listen to the wiser riders who choose not to use a literbike to it's full capacity on the street and lessen the chances of splintering yourself or another member of the public across the landscape.

+1 I have not one, but two of those hyper bikes. One is totally inadequate for touring purposes & the other is overkill. True, the power is nice to have at hand when you need it and really fun to twist it up on an empty stretch of road. At the wrong time or place, it can bite you. I've done the ambulance ride--not a fun end to the day....

If it ain't fun, I don't do it!!!

Stuff - I need more Stuff....
VFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:21 AM   #126
Unleaded
Unit Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFR View Post
+1 I have not one, but two of those hyper bikes. One is totally inadequate for touring purposes & the other is overkill. True, the power is nice to have at hand when you need it and really fun to twist it up on an empty stretch of road. At the wrong time or place, it can bite you. I've done the ambulance ride--not a fun end to the day....
Yep - for sure I understand the attraction of too much horsepower. While not full-on sport machines, I've owned several bikes in the hypersport class and loved them all. But to use the street for wide-open displays of idiocy - even if by dumb luck one avoids causing great harm to an individual - puts us as motorcyclists that much closer to obsolescence. MOST of the public doesn't much like us anyway....
Old 04-18-2013, 09:49 AM   #127
Colorado_Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Plenty of bikes out there that shoot their load below 6-8K. I'll never buy anything else again. My 929 was fun but I sold it for a reason.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #128
single
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Quote:
On the track, absolutely agree. On the street, unless you are doing roll on races above 100 MPH, there is effectively no difference in usable power.
single is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:33 AM   #129
single
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado_Rider View Post
Totally agree, you can use all the power of a Busa or whatever on every ride, ever hear of an on ramp?
Well just to add some context here, Busas are doing about 80 at peak power in first gear, and over a hundred for every gear after that near peak power, so really you have one chance to use peak power in one gear if you happen to be first in line at the on ramp and even then you will be speeding. Liter-class supersports are geared even taller.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:38 AM   #130
gto3
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
meh...

gto3 screwed with this post 04-18-2013 at 10:44 AM
gto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #131
gto3
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
^^^Well I absolutely disagree with the people saying if you get a liter bike your doomed to end up in an ambulance.It reminds me of all the ignorance from non riders who believe all motorcycle riders are on the fast train to the boneyard and if your not atgatt 24/7 you must be irresponsible and foolish...and the broken record continues to play.....

What ever bike an individual chooses to ride my opinion will never change

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS THE RIDERS MENTALITY.PERIOD.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:19 AM   #132
corndog67
Banned

Oddometer: 1,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unleaded View Post
I get it. They scared you, and now you don't think this guy needs or wants one. It isn't more wisdom. You don't want one, fine don't buy one. Original guy here said he wants one. All you have to do is keep your right hand connected to your brain, not everyone is a complete "choad'. As far as around town, the high bars are a big reason they will work good in the city. And there is so much power available, especially if its geared a bit lower than stock, that they'll idle around at 1200 rpm, the thing all high rpm based is pure bullshit. They have a top end rush that is unbelievable, but they still idle around just fine. Its statements like that that make me think some of the commentors have never owned or ridden one.
corndog67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:39 AM   #133
Unleaded
Unit Train

Quote:
I get it. They scared you, and now you don't think this guy needs or wants one.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:47 AM   #134
Tom-Nor
Wannabe Adventurer

Oddometer: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by gto3 View Post
^^^Well I absolutely disagree with the people saying if you get a liter bike your doomed to end up in an ambulance.It reminds me of all the ignorance from non riders who believe all motorcycle riders are on the fast train to the boneyard and if your not atgatt 24/7 you must be irresponsible and foolish...and the broken record continues to play.....

What ever bike an individual chooses to ride my opinion will never change

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS THE RIDERS MENTALITY.PERIOD.
Amen.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:48 AM   #135
single
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
They scared you, and now you don't think this guy needs or wants one.
That wasn't his point at all. He was pointing out the only thing one of those bikes gains you is it's ability to do completely idiotic stunts on public roads. No one is denying there is a large subculture of motorcycle enthusiasts who like to do 100 mph wheelies and cruise at a buck fiddy down the interstate. That will probably never change and if you want to do those stunts, no one is going to stop you except the police or death. Let's be honest about the bike's abilities and public roads.