Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2013, 11:07 PM   #46
JustKip
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Eater 3 View Post
How about when the first pirate asshole blocks an intersection stopping traffic so the remaining 90 nonconformists can pull through?
If I can squeeze past them when my light is green, I do
JustKip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:05 AM   #47
Bill Harris
Confirmed Curmudgeon

Oddometer: 7,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red9 View Post
Of course there isn't a single HD in the group... but based upon the stereotypical bullshit constantly spewed by yourself and others in this forum you would think a rolling roadblock would have to be caused by a group of pirates.
Nonetheless, when one sees the phrase "Rolling Roadblock", 99% of the readers are going to immediately think "group of HD motorcycles". The rest, of course, are One-Percenter (wannabees).

--Bill
Old 04-13-2013, 06:19 AM   #48
Griffin44
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 277
Quote:
How about when the first pirate asshole blocks an intersection stopping traffic so the remaining 90 nonconformists can pull through?
Is the first pirate a cop on a marked bike? If not, I'm not stopping.

Self-absorbed dickwads.

Many people are using the roads to get from one point to another in a timely manner. Some are in legitimate hurries. Who the hell are some dickwads on bikes that are all so self-important as to be able to slow everyone else down just so they can fulfill some juvenile fantasy?

Have none of you ever been in a hurry to get from one place to another? I've had to respond to my son's medical emergencies on more than one occassion. I'm not gonna be happy with a rolling roadblock and will take extreme actions to get around it if I feel the risk is warranted.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:38 AM   #49
Tripl Nikl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommando View Post
Maybe the riders realized that they had been the instigating assholes, and it was already enough assholery for one day?
They had a moment of clarity.

Or, they turned off the cameras first.

As for "roadblocking," as ANYONE seen people pulled over for delaying traffic, EVER, ANYWHERE? I have driven all over the US and Canada and have never, not one single time, ever seen a person pulled over for delaying traffic. I blame the cops and lack of enforcement for this as much as the asshats doing it.

BTW, I did pose this same question of a Deputy in Eastern Washington that I knew regarding a specific car that delayed morning traffic all the time. He knew the car and the lady and he said that they didn't pull her over anymore because the judges always dismissed the "sweet ol' lady's" tickets and then they'd get hassled for being "mean" to her. So, there's a claim to having pulled over one individual and then punting the blame to the judge.

Still, in my observation, I have never seen anyone get a for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Stu View Post
It's sorta stupid to willfully piss people off and at the same time, expect those pissed off people to respond in an expected and polite way.
Disco Stu speaks the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tome View Post
... the bikes were said to be travelling at the speed limit.
A good friend of mine and I have a long standing argument about this. He thinks he's got a RIGHT to the fast lane as long as he's going the speed limit--well that's what he's argued for about 18-years. I did note that within the last year or so he's soften to thinking that 5-over gives him that right and that he *might* pull to the right lane *if* he's not going to be slowed in his desired speed by the other traffic.

That his "softened" position still centers around him and not wanting others to dictate his desired speed and his prefered lane has always been lost on him. I've shown him, in writing, that the law in WA is not on his side--even if the other driver/rider is speeding--and that he should give up the lane.

Buttom line? *Maybe* giving up the lane is his matured position. Yay being 40-years-old and not a young pup anymore--he's learning!

Tripl Nikl screwed with this post 04-13-2013 at 06:48 AM
Tripl Nikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:17 AM   #50
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 11,137
Quote:

OH MY GOD THIS PISSES ME OFF. Ugh...I'm getting annoyed just thinking about it. FUCK those assholes -- what... just because you are astride your patriotic american hawg you are suddenly LEO, Millitary or Fire Department? FUUUUUCK YOOOOUUU...you are just a shit stain with an expensive piece of ass jewelry. "OMG...CAN'T HAVE ANYONE BREAK UP THE FORMATION MAN! THE FORMATION! THE FORMATION MUST REMAIN!"

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:57 AM   #51
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,084
I do agree that unauthorized traffic control and groups that interfere with traffic flow are unacceptable, but I wounder how many among us really don't do anything improper or discourteous that pisses others off.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:35 AM   #52
Animaltrax
~ 5150 ~

Oddometer: 15
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciferMutt View Post
OH MY GOD THIS PISSES ME OFF. Ugh...I'm getting annoyed just thinking about it. FUCK those assholes -- what... just because you are astride your patriotic american hawg you are suddenly LEO, Millitary or Fire Department? FUUUUUCK YOOOOUUU...you are just a shit stain with an expensive piece of ass jewelry. "OMG...CAN'T HAVE ANYONE BREAK UP THE FORMATION MAN! THE FORMATION! THE FORMATION MUST REMAIN!"

Animaltrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:35 AM   #53
Griffin44
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by windmill View Post
I do agree that unauthorized traffic control and groups that interfere with traffic flow are unacceptable, but I wounder how many among us really don't do anything improper or discourteous that pisses others off.
It isn't about pissing others off, IMO. It's about fucking other people up.

You want to sport a bumper sticker saying "gays deserve to be shot" that will piss me off. Oh well.

You want to hold me up when using a highway so that you can feel all good about yourself? Not okay with me. You're fucking up my reasonable expectation of being able to use a public roadway without interference.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:04 AM   #54
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin44 View Post
It isn't about pissing others off, IMO. It's about fucking other people up.

You want to sport a bumper sticker saying "gays deserve to be shot" that will piss me off. Oh well.

You want to hold me up when using a highway so that you can feel all good about yourself? Not okay with me. You're fucking up my reasonable expectation of being able to use a public roadway without interference.
I agree with you 100%,
But I also realize that my standards for whats acceptable behavior on a public road are not universal.
I dont get to decide what defines "You're fucking up my reasonable expectation of being able to use a public roadway without interference." for others.

Give a little, take a little, be happy.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:27 PM   #55
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red9 View Post
You dumbass.

Obviously sarcasm is completely lost upon you.

Of course there isn't a single HD in the group... but based upon the stereotypical bullshit constantly spewed by yourself and others in this forum you would think a rolling roadblock would have to be caused by a group of pirates.

Christ I can't believe how many people posted in this thread without noticing.... lmao
I'm actually amazed no one made a 'lay er down' comment...

Speaks tons about the closed mindedness of so many so called 'motorcyclists.'
Enthusiasts my ass. Bunch of damn sheeple is what we got here.

As for not knowing the difference between a sportbike and a HD.... check my profile and then we'll talk about your ignorance.
Sorry, still don't get the sarcasm.

I checked your profile. Should I be impressed?

As for "stereotypical bullshit spewed by myself" I challenge you to find an example.

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:40 PM   #56
JustKip
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaviator View Post
Sorry, still don't get the sarcasm.

I checked your profile. Should I be impressed?

As for "stereotypical bullshit spewed by myself" I challenge you to find an example.
I'm still going with your initial assessment.

Quote:
I also think that using HD in the title of this thread was stupid and shows the OP's ignorance. I mean how difficult is it to distinguish between a sport bike and a HD?
There was no apparent sarcasm involved. Just buffoonery.
JustKip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:47 PM   #57
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,816
Let me rephrase myself. Obviously, now that the OP stated he was trying to be sarcastic, I'll take his word for it. It just didn't look that way when I read his initial post. After re-reading it, it still doesn't look that way.

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:47 PM   #58
AzItLies
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 347
Quote:
Let me rephrase myself. Obviously, now that the OP stated he was trying to be sarcastic, I'll take his word for it. It just didn't look that way when I read his initial post. After re-reading it, it still doesn't look that way.
agree, not seeing the sarcasm, sorry. Might want to work on that.

From the description, people are expecting to see that specifically. But what they do see is really very different. Not at all what the title describes. Okay, blocking any passing, yes, but lower than the limit etc? no way.

This is basically an idiot in a Volvo, who could be looking at manslaughter charges if not for dumb ass luck.

Cheers
AzItLies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:00 PM   #59
stoke
ocean minded

Oddometer: 703
man, i can't believe that volvo driver-easily could of ended up killing a couple people and walked away from it.

like someone else said, i don't know why someone didn't stop and pull the driver out of the car and at least restrain him until a LEO arrives to charge him with reckless driving.

i don't have road rage, but i have called people out on insane life endangering stuff here a few times, yanked open a few doors, etc. if they're not scared, they'll do it again to someone else.
stoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:08 PM   #60
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 11,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoke View Post
i don't have road rage, but i have called people out on insane life endangering stuff here a few times, yanked open a few doors, etc. if they're not scared, they'll do it again to someone else.

Keep that up and see how it works out for you.

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is offline   Reply With Quote