Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2013, 02:13 PM   #61
Ginger Beard
I have no soul

Oddometer: 5,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciferMutt View Post
Keep that up and see how it works out for you.

Probably not as badly as it have worked out for Mr Volvo had he been here in SFL.
Ginger Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:17 PM   #62
stoke
ocean minded

Oddometer: 487
Quote:
i'm not "that" guy you read about in the news raging all the time. but i am 6' 4" 200lbs and if someone endangers me, they're going to know about it. the mentality of calling people out comes from surfing i think, where that is normal.

honestly though, if you ride in socal, you would not believe the crazy shit people pull. hell, even if you drive a big truck people are reckless around you. it's a mentality here. sense of entitlement. no one gives an f and f anyone that's around.
stoke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:41 PM   #63
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,084
Quote:

Getting shot or arrested is not a good teaching tool.

You can't enlighten the ignorant with ignorance.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #64
owcow
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
The volvo was d*ck but so were riders. Did anyone notice the pickup truck and the front of the line in the right hand lane with the people in the bed. Anyone want to bet they were back there with video cameras to film the asshats stunting down the road. It's crap like pisses other people off and causes them to take their rage out on the next rider they see which could be one of us.
owcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:29 PM   #65
JustKip
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by owcow View Post
The volvo was d*ck but so were riders. Did anyone notice the pickup truck and the front of the line in the right hand lane with the people in the bed. Anyone want to bet they were back there with video cameras to film the asshats stunting down the road. It's crap like pisses other people off and causes them to take their rage out on the next rider they see which could be one of us.
Good point, "owcow", but since this is your first post and in a controversial topic I gotta ask..."Are you a fake n00b?"
JustKip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:35 PM   #66
SteelB12
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,980
Since this was Myrtle Beach (it looks like the 17 bypass IIRC) and not an HD ride, I would venture that it was not an LEO chaperoned charity ride. There certainly wasn't a police vehicle up front where that pickup was as far as I could tell.

During the time I lived in MB, the HD bike week was just annoying (crowds, rolling road blocks). The sportbike bike week was when there was a good deal of trouble (crowds, disputes with police, etc). From my experience I would venture to say the motorcyclists were being asshats. Pure conjecture of course

Apparently Volvo isn't really the safest car on the road??
Old 04-13-2013, 07:47 PM   #67
250senuf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,178
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelB12 View Post
I'd say the nut at the wheel* might have an effect on the safety of the vehicle.

*the nut that mechanics have trouble fixing in all makes and models.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:56 PM   #68
owcow
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustKip View Post
Good point, "owcow", but since this is your first post and in a controversial topic I gotta ask..."Are you a fake n00b?"
I am a nOOb at posting here but I have been lurking for long time. I am getting back into riding after being away for over 20 years. Owcow was a nickname given to me by an old friend many years ago who was taken out at 15yrs old by a cager doing a u-turn in the middle of a 2 lane road without looking.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:01 PM   #69
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer: 2,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red9 View Post
You dumbass.

Obviously sarcasm is completely lost upon you.

Of course there isn't a single HD in the group... but based upon the stereotypical bullshit constantly spewed by yourself and others in this forum you would think a rolling roadblock would have to be caused by a group of pirates.

Christ I can't believe how many people posted in this thread without noticing.... lmao
I'm actually amazed no one made a 'lay er down' comment...

Speaks tons about the closed mindedness of so many so called 'motorcyclists.'
Enthusiasts my ass. Bunch of damn sheeple is what we got here.

As for not knowing the difference between a sportbike and a HD.... check my profile and then we'll talk about your ignorance.

Quote:
+1000. The dude in the Volvo lost it, but the fricken cock bags on their "organized" ride should at least have the courtesy to NOT use the entire two lane highway. And I am sure there is a forum that a lot of these riders bitch about people who drive slow, and block the passing lane.

hooliken screwed with this post 04-13-2013 at 08:08 PM
hooliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:13 PM   #70
JustKip
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I am a nOOb at posting here but I have been lurking for long time. I am getting back into riding after being away for over 20 years. Owcow was a nickname given to me by an old friend many years ago who was taken out at 15yrs old by a cager doing a u-turn in the middle of a 2 lane road without looking.

Didn't mean any offense, Mr Cow.
Glad you're back on 2 wheels, and please allow me to be the first to welcome you to the joys of posting on ADV
Old 04-13-2013, 08:16 PM   #71
owcow
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustKip View Post
Didn't mean any offense, Mr Cow.
Glad you're back on 2 wheels, and please allow me to be the first to welcome you to the joys of posting on ADV
No worries, no offense taken. Thanks for the welcome, it was this site that helped get me back on a bike.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:28 PM   #72
JustKip
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
No worries, no offense taken. Thanks for the welcome, it was this site that helped get me back on a bike.
Me too, 6 years ago. I went 22 years without a bike of my own., riding my brothers' bikes occasionally. Now I ride better than I ever imagined possible, and am a big fan of professional training.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:46 AM   #73
Stromin'Nroman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelB12 View Post
From a sane person's point of view, yes.

From the Volvo driver's (asshat's) point of view, perhaps not:

.......................The enhanced safety features of the fine Volvo brand allow asshats that extra margin to do the asshat things that gives them a reason to wake up in the morning.

The only failure in the safety systems of the Volvo is that it didn't take out any other motorists or bystanders while protecting the life and limb of the the vehicle's occupants in its crumple zone safety cage life pod.

This video will no doubt be studied very closely by Volvo engineers to correct this problem, but I doubt they'll ever issue a technical service bulletin.

I wonder if the Volvo driver's insurance underwriter will study this video, too?

As a non-Volvo driver, I would have approached this problem differ'ntly. I have a 9,500 watt public address system what I've installed in the front grill of my 1987 Ford F150 (I use the port from the sub-woofer enclosure in place of radiator fans). I have an audio soundboard on the i-Pads integrated into the dashboard of the truck to provide all manner of interesting sound collages in forward-firing Dolby 69 Psycho-Acousticized Surround Sound.

Want sirens with Doppler effect? We've got it. Train whistle at triple the dB's of a real one? Got that, too. Moses parting the Read See? Yeppers, there will be moisture. Their mom's boyfriends in full tweaker rage? Get me the sound file and we'll fire away.

Hope this helps.

Suzuki DL650A K7
SW-Motech Centre Stand & Crashbars
Caribou Luggage

".......and many of them were driven to these crimes by a horrible force called MUSIC." Frank Zappa, 1979
Stromin'Nroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:52 AM   #74
Sumo64c
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 496
Ok, WTF is sheeple ?
Sumo64c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:59 AM   #75
rbrsddn
3banger

Oddometer: 2,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumo64c View Post
Ok, WTF is sheeple ?
People who use Wellies for "Riding" boots.
rbrsddn is offline   Reply With Quote