Oddometer: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by el queso View Post
Must be a Vegas thing...

Enjoy Baja.
Exactly..

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastSideSM View Post
i totally beg to differ!!!!!!!!! I have ordered thousands of dollars of parts, and gear from them and the few times i have had issues, they were quick to sort it out. I am sorry you had that experience but saying not to trust them based on your experience is just not fair. They are one of the best ktm vendors i have dealt with. Sometimes things go wrong and unfortunately no company is 100% perfect. I hope things work out ok for you and you manage to have a great trip.
Just frustrating when you ask specifically if some thing needs anything and they tell you is doesn't. Then promises twice to get it to you on time then, completely disregards the promises and doesn't pay any attention.

And yeah I'm saying don't trust rely on them biased on my dealings as well as others. "And no company is 100%" thats correct but I give this on 50%. About half the things I order I don't have any issues. Their not as bad as KTMhutt but I have a beef, this is my issue.

Sorry, just pretty pissed at the moment.

http://www.motocentaur.com/
Http://inkfx.biz
motocentaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:50 PM   #17
FakeName
Wile E Coyote SuperGenius

Oddometer: 1,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkfx View Post

Sorry, just pretty pissed at the moment.
Understandable, of course.

But I suspect, after the moment has passed, you'll regret the thread's title.

Mistakes happen, and while it is not an excuse for an otherwise reputable company, it reflects most poorly on the poster.

What did they do when you gave management the chance to resolve their issue?

2011 White 990 Adv S
2014 500EXC Black
FakeName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:20 PM   #18
Nailhead
Painting by numbers

Oddometer: 6,064
I've had good luck with them, also.

Someone very helpful guided my toward the Remus Revolution I bought because it was one of the few cans for the 990 that were available individually.

Not saying mistakes can't happen, or aren't important, but my luck has been quite good, like I say. 100% good, in fact, on a bunch of purchases.

Hope it all works out.

'7? Benelli 650S, '80 BMW R100 RS, '07 KTM 990 Adventure
Nailhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:19 PM   #19
kingoftwins
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
Resolving the missing Hardware with KTMTwins.com

We would love to resolve and fix your situation if you would like to call in to us. I am not sure who you spoke to on the phone but if you would let me know we will make sure that they are educated on this situation for future inquires. Please provide contact info or give us a call. Ask for Ron when you do and he will do everything in his power to resolve this as fast as possible with the hopes that your trip won't be disrupted.

Quote:
Yeah I realize they cant carry everything in stock and at times they are unable to fill an order for months, I've also ran into that. And its understandable when you have months to wait. Thing is I asked KTMtwins if I should order them from TT directly and he said "No, don't worry about it. I will make sure you have it before the trip" They received it two days ago and instead of making sure I would have it they sent it out the following day 2day air (a day late) and UPS doesn't deliver Saturdays unless specified. So I paid extra for shipping to have it 3 days late and I had ordered it 8 days ahead

Maybe they just hate Vegas..
San Francisco, CA, 94103
415-968-9467
kingoftwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:28 PM   #20
DuctTape
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 351
Just ordered a 690 Scotts Damper from them because I've never been disappointed with any order while building my 990.

Try ordering parts for a Ducati 1198, now that's a lesson in patience no matter who you order from.
2010 Ducati 1198S
DuctTape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:29 PM   #21
Canuman
Crusty & Unobliging

Oddometer: 4,538
Now that's proper, and exactly what I expected from KTM Twins. It's a bitch being a small business owner in a niche market and trying to keep on top of everything. I suspect if you strap a duffel on the tail and work with these guys, they will make the situation right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftwins View Post
We would love to resolve and fix your situation if you would like to call in to us. I am not sure who you spoke to on the phone but if you would let me know we will make sure that they are educated on this situation for future inquires. Please provide contact info or give us a call. Ask for Ron when you do and he will do everything in his power to resolve this as fast as possible with the hopes that your trip won't be disrupted.
hONORARY mEMBER fIRST aMERICAN cHAPTER tEAM nONGA (pROVISIONAL wING)
Canuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #22
mnsty
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 172
I'm with the OP. I ordered about 1500.00 worth of stuff online that was all supposed to be in stock. Same thing happened, OH...we don't have such and such but it's on the way...me, send what you have. most of that shows up but missing a few things, then the original missing stuff shows up, then 2 weeks later the second set of missing parts show up. I'll do my best to never again use them. I don't mind paying extra for convenience (everything from one place) but I hate being lied to. If it's not in stock the site should say so and they should contact you to tell you so.

76 R90S Turbo
77 R100RS
83 RS/GS
85 K100RS
90 BMW K1
91 900IE Lucky Exp
00 VOR 503SM
04 KTM 950 GO!!!!!
05 TM 530 Black Dream

= Too much stuff. When will I learn??
mnsty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:49 PM   #23
crazybrit
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeName View Post
Understandable, of course.

But I suspect, after the moment has passed, you'll regret the thread's title.

Mistakes happen, and while it is not an excuse for an otherwise reputable company, it reflects most poorly on the poster.

What did they do when you gave management the chance to resolve their issue?
Right! I would have held off posting this (and even then picked a different title) until after I'd bitched my way up the chain at KTMTwins.

That said, this isn't the first time that someone has felt they needed to post about a bad KTMTwins experience. It's happened with other vendors too and it always seems to come down to poor/no communication. Mistakes happen but (judging from some of the previous threads) KTMTwins do seem to be pretty reliant upon one person to ensure things go smoothly.
crazybrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:52 PM   #24
pdxmotorhead
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 559
ITs a house of cards, I work on the side with a race parts shop, You have Manufacturers,, selling to warehouses selling to distributors selling to shops, I gaurontee that placing a order for anything your spinning the distribution Roulette Wheel.

Clothing and safety gear are big for it,, You order a Helmet, the store orders it form the distributor who approves the order based on the inventory sheet from the warehouse guaranteeing its on the truck. (Its not) and they only ship weekly..

I would guess I've seen about 50% on time delivery in 15 years.. Cant count the number of times we ate the shipping upgrade cost to make sure something got delivered on time by us, even if we got it late..

Honestly,, if you wait til < 3 weeks before a trip to order something you just tempting the gods..

Also,, most shops if placing an order and say have to get it from trail tech or whomever,, they typically never see the package.. The item is drop shipped from the warehouse with the shops return address. So if the warehouse monkey messes up clicking a mouse you might get ground instead of 2nd day or some other randomness.. I've used a couple major warehouses that can even put our company logo on the package and it totally looks like we shipped it...

Cheers
Dave
pdxmotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:09 PM   #25
ciedema
мотоциклист

Oddometer: 1,911
I have dealt with them both by ordering stuff from KTM Twins and through there store front Scuderia West - consistently good service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR650L_Dave View Post
The only guaranteed route to failure is the attempted solution of problems through the application of ideology.
ciedema is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:26 PM   #26
ktmadv1
KTMtwins

Oddometer: 7
Hello inkfx

Quote:
On KTMTwins site they list a mounting kit for sale for the luggage panniers stating that without them you would need straps to hold to boxes on. This is why I called in the first place to see it the top box cam with them. And KTMtwins said they do. After my first order I find out that they are in fact NOT included. This is not Touratechs fault, their product is stout, more than I had expected.

A mistake was made, and thats fine. People make mistakes, but when you make a promise you should stand by it and carry it out. I expressed to everyone I spoke with there about the deadline and how important it was.

And this isn't order with them, this is my 3rd KTM and have spent thousands with KTMtwins over the years
Hello,

I called and left you a message, but we are looking over your orders and are confused about what hardware you are missing to mount the ZegaPro Topcase as you ordered the KTM 950 990 Adventure Topcase Carrier Plate. That's the mount. With the hardware. Was that not included? Did you look inside the Topcase? We are just trying to figure this out and get you on the road. Please give us a call or if you would like to respond here, you are totally welcome to. Either way, we just want this resolved for your benefit as we never want to ruin a riding experience. Ron is going to be out picking up a motorcycle right now, but should be back in about an hour if you would like to talk to him as he is the best "product guy" and co-owner.

Jen
ktmadv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #27
Desmofan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 525
I've ordered a ton of stuff from KTMtwins since their inception- Ron, Jen, and the rest of the staff have always been great, no problems
Desmofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:42 PM   #28
JBird
Retriever

Oddometer: 780
Jen,

I think you need to solve this through PMs so everybody else isn't involved.

I've ordered a number of times through KTMTWINS and have always been very happy. In fact I would go out of my way to order from them. And if needed, which it never was, I would give them extra patience.

This is the bad part of the internet - a couple individuals have a questionable experience and loudly vent. Meanwhile the millions served perfectly are quietly out happily riding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmadv1 View Post
Hello,

I called and left you a message, but we are looking over your orders and are confused about what hardware you are missing to mount the ZegaPro Topcase as you ordered the KTM 950 990 Adventure Topcase Carrier Plate. That's the mount. With the hardware. Was that not included? Did you look inside the Topcase? We are just trying to figure this out and get you on the road. Please give us a call or if you would like to respond here, you are totally welcome to. Either way, we just want this resolved for your benefit as we never want to ruin a riding experience. Ron is going to be out picking up a motorcycle right now, but should be back in about an hour if you would like to talk to him as he is the best "product guy" and co-owner.

Jen
'08 Goldwing
'98 Golden Retriever
JBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:43 PM   #29
ktmadv1
KTMtwins

Oddometer: 7
FP Levers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIFIED View Post
I wouldn't order anything from them again if they begged and offered to pay me. As Inkfx knows from dealing with them, they S U C K! Plain and simple. It took me 2.5 months to get a set of FP Racing lever from them that they PROMISED (and by promise I mean promised in writing, after asking them three or more times before ever ordering them) would be no more than three to five days. I heard multiple excuses form them, NONE of which were ever their own fault of course. It's always someone else's. I ordered a wind screen as well, and it didn't ship out until I got pissed and emailed about the levers not showing up yet... Two weeks later.

So, goodie for you guys that get ALL your parts in a timely manner and haven't had to deal with their crappy customer service and excuses. Keep buying stuff from them, and you'll eventually see what we're talking about.
I am sorry you are still upset about the lever situation. As we explained, Mike, FP Racing's owner and manufacturer was out with pneumonia and we didn't know and couldn't get a hold of him. We of course want to make good on our promises and do not go out of our way to make promises we cannot keep. However, we were not anticipating his illness and contacted you as soon as we found out which was I believe about two weeks later which is a long time, but was also the day we were informed. I really am sorry this was an inconvenient experience for you and that you now have ill feelings towards us.
ktmadv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #30
beewill
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
Sometimes Shit Happens

Shit happens sometimes. We are a pretty small community, us lot of 9*0 owners. Theres really not a need to air your grievances from one less then optimal transaction from a company who specializes to our small group. Fix it between you, no need to drag a good company though the mud, it just makes you look bad.

I love me some KTM Twins

A bore is someone who deprives you of solitude without providing you with company.
― Oscar Wilde
beewill is offline   Reply With Quote