Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2013, 04:18 PM   #31
Capt. REDBEARD
TWECO

Oddometer: 1,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by DockingPilot View Post
Your mistake was (sic) ordering a Touratech part.
that about sums it up.

if the ocean were whiskey and I were a duck - I'd swim to the bottom and never come up
Capt. REDBEARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #32
corndog67
Banned

Oddometer: 1,281
Personally, I don't try to get anything going 19 days before any big plans. I start 6 months before, for just this sort of issue.
corndog67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:24 PM   #33
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,434
I have ordered thousands of dollars of items from KTMtwins...one of my bikes is pictured on their website....I wear the free T-shirts they sent me....

Having said all of that...my last order was wrong...wrong part...so I sent an email given the part was needed for an upcoming trip....email was never returned...

Sometimes the finer details that are in no small way the reason the company was successful in the first place, get lost as a company grows.

I hope KTMtwins takes a moment to remind themselves of that point.

I will probably order from them again, but only when I have enough time to order twice if needed to allow for mistakes....
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:41 PM   #34
Murf2
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 769
Just goes to show, a person should start prepping for a big trip sooner rather than later.

Murf
Murf2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:49 PM   #35
ktmadv1
KTMtwins

Oddometer: 7
Please Contact us again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat View Post
I have ordered thousands of dollars of items from KTMtwins...one of my bikes is pictured on their website....I wear the free T-shirts they sent me....

Having said all of that...my last order was wrong...wrong part...so I sent an email given the part was needed for an upcoming trip....email was never returned...

Sometimes the finer details that are in no small way the reason the company was successful in the first place, get lost as a company grows.

I hope KTMtwins takes a moment to remind themselves of that point.

I will probably order from them again, but only when I have enough time to order twice if needed to allow for mistakes....
Hello there,

Ron and I make every effort to get e-mails answered daily, to where we stay late and cancel plans. If you sent an e-mail and didn't receive an answer, please send one again. We have had (rare) instances that some head to our spam folder and are lost in that abyss. I don't want that to ever occur so please, please, let us fix that mistake for you!
ktmadv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:17 PM   #36
Taz1200

Oddometer: 176
I ordered several items from KTM twins recently on their website and the next day changed my mind on a couple of parts.. I sent an email to them in hopes of correcting MY change and they responded promptly with an email that they will fix it and only send the parts I wanted and promptly refunded the $$ for the parts I did not want ... All done before it shipped so my experience with their customer support was outstanding and will definitely be ordering from them again!
Taz1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #37
renogeorge
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,082
I might have used some of my computer time to post up on the regional forum which includes Vegas. I wouldn't be at all surprised if somebody down there can help you out with a part loan.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:14 PM   #38
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftwins View Post
We would love to resolve and fix your situation if you would like to call in to us. I am not sure who you spoke to on the phone but if you would let me know we will make sure that they are educated on this situation for future inquires. Please provide contact info or give us a call. Ask for Ron when you do and he will do everything in his power to resolve this as fast as possible with the hopes that your trip won't be disrupted.
I just bought a 950 and will be needing stuff for it. This response has secured that I will be ordering from you guys.

Shit happens.
Of course the bike doesn't exist, this entire forum is here because the right bike doesn't exist but the right people do, and they make the trip anyway.
VxZeroKnots is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:18 PM   #39
Skinner
Mr.KTM

Oddometer: 5,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmadv1 View Post
Hello there,

Ron and I make every effort to get e-mails answered daily, to where we stay late and cancel plans. If you sent an e-mail and didn't receive an answer, please send one again. We have had (rare) instances that some head to our spam folder and are lost in that abyss. I don't want that to ever occur so please, please, let us fix that mistake for you!
Very cool! Very stand up. Ill be ordering a GPS mount next week. Do you also have the Garmin Zumo and mount for my new 990 Baja. Please pm me

Mistakes happen I like your standing up and trying to rectify it.
Jim

You recognize your friends by the sound of their mufflers.
http://www.meetup.com/Chicagoland-Du...torcycle-Club/
www.jimstarwaltteam.com
Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #40
Skinner
Mr.KTM

Oddometer: 5,561
We have a problem lets find a solution !
The parts will be late, it is what it is at this point, can the parts be forwarded to a location near your destination ride? Is it possible to interrupt delivery and have the location changed?

Come on now. Lets solve the problem!

You recognize your friends by the sound of their mufflers.
http://www.meetup.com/Chicagoland-Du...torcycle-Club/
www.jimstarwaltteam.com
Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:41 PM   #41
Lurkerlou
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 191
KTM Twins you are in my opinion the model of how a company should run. I had a very large order to be shipped to Canada and you always kept me in the loop on what you were waiting for , what was in stock and what was back ordered.

The communication was the best I have ever had with any shop I have ordered from.

Sorry to the OP you didn't get what you wanted but this company will get all my business.
Lurkerlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:37 PM   #42
DesertSurfer
Tail sprayin

Oddometer: 1,217
Ktmtwins one of the good guys

This is exactly the type of company I want to support. They specialize in parts for my niche product... 950 Adventure. They try to offer every product available for my bike. They are familiar with the newer parts cross references. They go out of their way to develop better product options like working with Cox Racing on radiator shrouds. They offer competitive pricing. They strive to make their customers happy to the best of their abilities. They are part of a dealer network that supported that model from the get go.

They are always my first choice when I order my KTM parts.

With that said, the KTM Adventure owners can be quite a rough bunch, shrewd and demanding. And this puts any parts vendor exposed given the volatility of the current market.

Ultimately the OP has to assume some of the risk and responsibility that goes with ordering online along with the benefits of discount pricing and availability.

And the overall satisfaction that he is an owner of a KTM Adventure.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:45 PM   #43
inkfx OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Was at work and couldn't reply till now.

I do wish I did not name this thread that, but I did and I cant change it.

I did get an email from Ron and a call from Jen. I stack my days and hardly get a chance to call or answer emails when I'm here.

This issue was solved with $12 in U bolts and I can't for the life of me guess why Touratech would not throw in a basic kit to mount it properly.

Maybe I should have just keept this topic amongst friends and not run off at the mouth on here.

And yes, <3weeks to order things for the trip was cutting it close, but 3 months ago, it was a trip up cali in hotels and all so I didn't require a bunch of stuff. Last minuet change of plans.

All that being said, this isn't the first issue. One problem I had, I ordered a screen that never showed up. I called and it because it was a partial shipment the screen was never ordered from the other company. so I paid and for 6 months, so I canceled the order.

Look, sorry I blew up on ktmTwins. You guys obviously treat everyone well. I just dont feel I get the same service.
Http://inkfx.biz
inkfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:52 PM   #44
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,435
A relatively new guy to the forum shows up and bags on one of the biggest and best supporters in the big bike KTM world....

This was never going to end well.

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:02 PM   #45
Canuman
Crusty & Unobliging

Oddometer: 4,486
The mods would fix that title for you, if you asked. You can trim your own posts if you feel so inclined.

One of the reasons I hang on ADV is that it's not all about flaming and posturing like many other bike related sites are.

Hope you have a good trip. Take plenty of good pics, post a RR, and eat some seviche!

Don't forget the sun screen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkfx View Post
Was at work and couldn't reply till now.
hONORARY mEMBER fIRST aMERICAN cHAPTER tEAM nONGA (pROVISIONAL wING)
Canuman is offline   Reply With Quote