ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 04:35 PM   #1
Rockgarden Bob OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 209
Trail work and our right to ride, we all need to be involved!

Trail Work and our right to ride on our public lands!!
I tough it important to start this thread to help inform the public, primarily anyone who enjoys riding in the dirt in any capacity, from the hard core single track rider to the Adventure bike rider and anyone else who enjoys recreating on our public lands, National Forest, BLM, etc. Also to give recognition to those who have been involved and fighting for our right s for the last several years. I don’t mean for this to become a political rant or a place for complaints but rather a positive exchange of Ideas to help further our goal of keeping our public lands open for ourselves and our family’s recreation and enjoyment. I’m hoping for pictures and stories of trail work days, the efforts of groups and individuals and maybe most importantly contact info for those who would like to be involved in on the ground grass roots efforts. Of course being an AMA member and donating to groups like the Blue Ribbon Coalition and others is a great start and that may be all many individuals can do but where the real battles are fought and won is on the local level by individuals and local clubs fighting for access to their own backyards. So anyway I could go on for a very long time about this but I think everyone gets the Idea.
I’ll start out, for riders in Northern California primarily in the areas of the Plumas and Lassen National Forest to get involved contact:

Ironman Dual Sport
http://ironmandualsport.com
Bob@ironmandualsport.com

Paradise Ridge Riders MC
http://paradiseridgeriders.com
Bill Major --- bmajor234@sbcglobal.net
Bob Van Court --- Bob@ironmandualsport.com

Sierra Access Coalition
http://www.sierraaccess.com/

Here's a couple of shots of members of the Ironman Dual Sport Riders Club, Paradise Ridge Riders and our friends from The Nevada County Woods Riders working to build and maintain sustainable trails in the Lassen and Plumas National Forest

Rockgarden Bob screwed with this post 04-30-2013 at 05:09 PM
Rockgarden Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:23 AM   #2
HAPPYTRAILSINC
single track rider

Oddometer: 954
YES, please do ur part, if u enjoy the trails u ride, then take the time when u come across downed trees etc, and get off ur bike and do what u can to clear the trail!
looking forward to sum trail clearing this weekend, have a BETTER foldable saw than last trip and a pair of clippers!

sometimes u have to improvise!

I am in not associated with happy-trails.com
I am the original happytrails
HAPPYTRAILSINC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:40 AM   #3
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 4,276
Ummm...why the funky font? How 'bout just regular text?

But yes, get involved!

Here's the latest SOS newsletter, more local to so-Cal, and worth a read: http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/421135/df59b1aa6e/1469600189/82132fbcf5/
Old 05-01-2013, 04:01 PM   #4
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,618
Any and all help is needed,CA is doing it's level best to make trailriding and dirtbikes a fond memory.

Sierra Access Coalition have a pending lawsuit against the USFS in the Plumas National Forest and they need all the help and donations they can get.

Turns out when the Forestry people got out and made their maps and designated trails accordingly they made many mistakes,this lawsuit points out those mistakes and can get their roadless act designations thrown out.

As for local here in Chico and surrounding towns the Ridgeriders meet at Chico Honda on varying Thu Nights,trail work is ongoing.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:03 PM   #5
jmabbott888
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
I'd be game for it if I could find some to go with in the Kern county area that a noob on a KLR650 can get to.
jmabbott888 is offline   Reply With Quote