Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Canada
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 06:01 AM   #46
willys
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,904
Why are they spending money on these adds when there are more pressing issues that could use it, anything as a matter of fact!

They could give it to me and I would do a far better job of spending it than they are!

It would be spent on bike adventures to far off sections of our country.....lol

Once again bike related!...lol.

What is plastered all over our schools now a days to teach our kids manners, respect and character? You see it on almost every school front sign or on a banner draped across the front somewhere. It's also in every classroom.....if I recall correctly there are 5 things .....I'm sure the government had something to do with having them installed in the schools, so why are they not doing the same?

Not a great message to our young children is it? When they see these character bashing adds....?????
Old 04-19-2013, 07:52 AM   #47
Shakeyhands
Goober

Oddometer: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly99 View Post
Without the attack ads the blatant lies would be left unchecked. Its not the attack ads that should be banned...just some sort of control....but who would control that?

Without attack ads would most Canadians realize that young Trudeaus most relevant experience was as a camp counselor

Ahhhh the Truth Ad angle.... nice.

With attack ads coming from other parties, it might be more widely known that Harpers most relevant experience was working in the Mail Room at Imperial Oil.

So there's that....

KTM 990 ADV

Honda XR650L
Shakeyhands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:05 AM   #48
Gregster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 958
Attack adds are funny and this thread is lame.
Gregster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:31 AM   #49
V-Tom
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 743
Can we check back to 2006 and see if similar comments were made here at ADVRider about the Liberal Attack ads at that time?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Harper_attack_ads

..Tom

Why Cars don't see bikes (SMIDSY)
SMIDSY detailed report
V-Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:22 PM   #50
willys
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,904
Damn...has the recession been that long???
Old 04-19-2013, 08:31 PM   #51
CanadianX OP
Oh!? That is deep.

Oddometer: 1,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregster View Post
Attack adds are funny and this thread is lame.
yet here you are posting ... i Kid - but really it goes to my argument that we are indifferent to such a shitty return on our investment in politicians because we are fat dumb and happy. In other words we want for little and have a lot.

I'm sure most parties have engaged in this level of BS and we should call them out for it and challenge them to raise the bar.
CanadianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:50 PM   #52
Bill 310
Poser Emeritus

Oddometer: 2,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianX View Post
So incensed by the childishness of it (latest attack ad directed at Trudeau) I fired off a letter to the PM telling him I as a Canadian expect more for our gov't. I expect more.
I also expect more and sent an email off to the PM as well. Maybe we can be roomies in the Alert Bay detention centre.

Every morning Justin's campaign staff get up and immediately give thanks to whoever is running that Tory brain trust.

I miss the character of Robert Stanfield, Joe Clark, Ed Broadbent, Stephen Lewis, Tommy Douglas and Jack Layton.
Canada "It's a rough place, son. In fact, you have to puke twice and show your razor just to get in. Better grow some whiskers if you wanna go to Canada." Ronnie Hawkins when asking Levon Helm to join his band and play in Canada.
Bill 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:11 PM   #53
250senuf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,178
Quote:
.. I'm sure most parties have engaged in this level of BS and we should call them out for it and challenge them to raise the bar.
And while we're raising the bar, how about shutting down the inane antics in the zoo/kindergarten AKA House of Commons.

Hey, a guy can dream can't he?
Old 04-22-2013, 02:58 AM   #54
CanadianX OP
Oh!? That is deep.

Oddometer: 1,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by 250senuf View Post
And while we're raising the bar, how about shutting down the inane antics in the zoo/kindergarten AKA House of Commons.

Hey, a guy can dream can't he?
How about eliminating the senate and changing the rules so that long time staffers of a political party can not roll over into senior gov't positions without the position being offered publicly and open for competition? Eliminates two options to gift away our tax dollars for their own gains.

And maybe we could insist that the law applies all the time to everyone so that paying back money you stole is only restitution and not both restitution and punishment.
CanadianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:53 AM   #55
shipwrek12001
Shipwrek

Oddometer: 2,029
Quote:
How about eliminating the senate and changing the rules so that long time staffers of a political party can not roll over into senior gov't positions without the position being offered publicly and open for competition? Eliminates two options to gift away our tax dollars for their own gains.

And maybe we could insist that the law applies all the time to everyone so that paying back money you stole is only restitution and not both restitution and punishment.
unfortunately they make those rules.........
shipwrek12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:10 AM   #56
C-Stain
Banned

Oddometer: 5,001
Quote:
I think Jack Layton and Joe Clark were probably pretty good examples of professionals. Think whatever about their politics or politics in general but I (when I was paying attention) always thought that the way they conducted themselves elevated the discussion to focus on issues vs individuals.
I have a different opinion of Joe "Who".

He visited our College Campus in 92 or 93 regarding the Meech Lake or Charlottetown Accord regarding Quebec. I researched the whole document for days to come up with a good question(s). Well I got my chance at the mic, and because I went prepared, I had old Joe Clark flustered to the point where he was asking the aide behind him for advice. I was able to cite parts of the document for every response he had.

It was a helluva lot of fun!

I even made the news that night.

Jack Layton, now there was a good man.
C-Stain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:12 AM   #57
C-Stain
Banned

Oddometer: 5,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10 View Post
I dunno if he'll make a decent PM, but I like that he's not gonna play the game the same.
C-Stain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:07 AM   #58
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
d

I want my train service back.
19200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:28 AM   #59
Kedgi
Banned

Oddometer: 1,388
I loved the AD

I loved the AD!

I think the real problem, the real issue, is that Canadian politicians, are totally useless. They're not people of vision they are people that crave power. They toe the party line no matter what. They haven't represented their constituents in generations.

If anything we need more ads that tell it like it is. Lets hear how dumbass our elected representatives are. Lets have really pointed attack ads that show Canadians how useless these clowns are. God knows there is a lot of ammunition out there.

Look at tiny NB where I live. 720,000 residents and a 10 billion dollar debt. You can't tell me that our politicians, of any political ilk are good money managers. We have 55 full time MLA's to "manage" this place, all hauling down tremendous salaries, and this is the best they can do? Why? Maybe it IS because they were gym teachers, as our former Premier, or Camp Councillors as our new Federal Liberal leader. Canadians should know. We hire these people, why have they failed so miserably in the job we gave them to do?

Just my 2 cents worth.
Kedgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:35 AM   #60
RED CAT
Bumpy Backroader

Oddometer: 2,739
Laugh Adds!

If you think we are in trouble now you better hope the NDP or Liberals never get into power. Watch BC go down the tubes soon. The Conservatives have been the best thing to ever happen lately. Just about all the other countries in the world suffered one of the worst recessions and we came through smelling like a rose for the most part. Unfortunately a lot of people always vote for the guy who is offering the most Free Shit. Many people know nothing about the parties and how terrible they can be and their history. They watch some adds a couple of weeks before an election and make a decesion on who to vote for by the way he/she looks and what BS they are spouting at the moment. Doesn't matter the country will go further into debt, just give us more Free Shit. Canada has been lucky so far. Keep your fingers crossed boys and girls!
RED CAT is offline   Reply With Quote