Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 03:00 AM   #211
kyns
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounder View Post
I agree completely but we are where we are and factories are unlikely to go back to pre-TC days now.
It'd be like banning ABS brakes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecha72 View Post
Get rid of TC? Ok, then WSB bikes become faster than motogp, cos they still got it. Get rid of that as well, BUT at the same time sell street bikes with more and more advanced TC systems? Get street bikes rid of TC - sorry, that's not gonna happen.

It is a very complicated situation.
Moto GP bikes don't have ABS brakes. Many street bikes have, and they sell...

I hate TC, but unfortunately the geegy manufacturers apparently like it.
kyns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:16 AM   #212
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyns View Post
I hate TC, but unfortunately the geegy manufacturers apparently like it.
Big part of why they like it is, that it helps their riders and bikes go faster, and finish the races before their tyres wear out (except Ducati, maybe... !!)

Like it or not, the BMW S1000RR would not be as advanced track day machine without its TC-system and Race-ABS. And both those systems are now ´filtering´ down, in the future they´ll be on more or less every motorcycle that carries a register plate, not just top-of-the line sportsbikes. For the average rider, they are a clear plus.
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:44 AM   #213
advNZer?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,766
tc or no tc i predict the same riders would be at the front.The only way to compact the feild like moto2 and moto 3 is to do the same to motogp."control engines" and the like.And as soon as they do that the factories will lose interest
Old 04-24-2013, 06:12 AM   #214
Bounder
ExternallyDisplaced

Oddometer: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogBoy View Post
If only the feeder class to MotoGP was based on a 600cc I-4 sportbike platform and if only the AMA used 600cc I-4 sportbikes as the classes for up and coming riders. That would probably help.
When I am talking about feeder class I mean 125cc two strokes or 250cc four strokes. They cost very little relatively to tune compared to i4 engines.
There is going to be plenty of engines coming from the current crop due to the rule changes so race teams will be able to recoup some cost by selling them and hopefully older chassis as well teams looking to start.
Question: What do people start racing before 600's in the US?
Bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:00 AM   #215
DogBoy
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounder View Post
When I am talking about feeder class I mean 125cc two strokes or 250cc four strokes. They cost very little relatively to tune compared to i4 engines.
There is going to be plenty of engines coming from the current crop due to the rule changes so race teams will be able to recoup some cost by selling them and hopefully older chassis as well teams looking to start.
Question: What do people start racing before 600's in the US?
We've had the Moriwaki 250cc four strokes for several years. No OEM is going to throw big money behind a non-production feeder class in the US. Its not going to happen. They want to sell street bikes and thats why we have 600cc supersport racing. Yeah, there were national 125cc and 250cc GP classes but production racing killed them off and they aren't coming back.

The problem isn't the feeder class structure; its lack of money and fan interest. There isn't enough value for a sponsor to spend one or two million dollars or more to put an American kid on a front running Moto2 bike for a season, if even any US company had that kind of money to spend outside their existing programs. Come up with ten million dollars and you can have bunch of Americans in Moto2.

DogBoy screwed with this post 04-24-2013 at 08:49 AM
DogBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:16 AM   #216
George 99
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 771
Good morning to all youse race fans. Here's a link to my Moto GP album at Picasa.

I'm not a huge GP fan but had to come down here to Tejas to see the new facility. My only disappointment was with Ducati. After the fun fest at Indy a couple years ago, I expected the same from them here. Tho the Ducati Grand Stands seats were great (Section 21 and 22, between turns 15 and 16), we saw nothing else from them without going all the way to their tent. Paid extra for little joy.

Oh, well, such is life. COTA is a great track, I'll be back. Beats Indy hands down. I've not been to Laguna but knowledgeable folks say the traffic here was worse than there (61,000 attending.)

My pics are really nothing special,,, didn't get anything on Saturday and really that much on Sunday. Enjoyed seeing the old 'n new names. Marquez looks to be the talent this year, young 'n fearless.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:31 AM   #217
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogBoy View Post

The problem isn't the feeder class structure; its lack of money and fan interest. There isn't enough value for sponsor to spend one or two million dollars or more to put an American kid on a front running Moto2 bike for a season, if even any US company had that kind of money to spend outside their existing programs. Come up with ten million dollars and you can have bunch of Americans in Moto2.
This and most Moto2 riders are paying for their seat.

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:50 AM   #218
DogBoy
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperbikemike View Post
This and most Moto2 riders are paying for their seat.
Yup. And I understand its the same for Word SuperSport.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:50 PM   #219
Lurky-Loo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
6 was too many,and it's shit, or get off the pot time.
You realize he has a guaranteed ride for two more years, right? Usually, silly season doesn't start for a few rounds, but silly season 2 years in advance is a stretch. "Rossi, the clock is ticking on your comeback -- shit or get off the pot."
Lurky-Loo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:00 PM   #220
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,219
This is a rather interesting look at the details of Ant West's Moto 2 bike.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/image...qmmf/index.htm

In looking at this, I got a smile thinking I was disappointed Ant "only" managed 7th in the race. How times have changed. For the better.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:24 PM   #221
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurky-Loo View Post
You realize he has a guaranteed ride for two more years, right? Usually, silly season doesn't start for a few rounds, but silly season 2 years in advance is a stretch. "Rossi, the clock is ticking on your comeback -- shit or get off the pot."

Rossi has brought home the bacon many times already so he's not a good comparison for you.

As for Pedrosa's contract length, I wasn't aware, but that's virtually meaningless.
RedRocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:43 PM   #222
ErikY.
Here, Now.

Oddometer: 2,340
I'm wondering why Honda wouldn't be happy with 1st and 2nd and therefore be eager to keep Dani if it ended up being that way. They both can't be the champion. If it ends up being MM the champ and Dani 4th, sure, maybe it's off to the farm team. Otherwise I don't get these prognostications of doom for him. The guy is on the podium a lot. I don't remember last year's stats but pretty sure he was drinking a lot of champagne with Stoner and Jorge.
ErikY. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:35 PM   #223
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikY. View Post
I'm wondering why Honda wouldn't be happy with 1st and 2nd and therefore be eager to keep Dani if it ended up being that way. They both can't be the champion. If it ends up being MM the champ and Dani 4th, sure, maybe it's off to the farm team. Otherwise I don't get these prognostications of doom for him. The guy is on the podium a lot. I don't remember last year's stats but pretty sure he was drinking a lot of champagne with Stoner and Jorge.
Firing him isn't in my line of thought. I only brought it up from Pedrosa's point of view, Marqeuz' instant speed and success have to add a lot more to the pressure for results. I think it's gonna get to him this year.
Sure, I could be completely wrong, but everyone here has their own biased opinion.
RedRocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:53 PM   #224
Lurky-Loo
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
... everyone here has their own biased opinion.
Sure, but we're not entitled to our own facts. You may want Pedrosa to choke or get fired, but the fact that he has a two year contract should inform your opinion from the outset, not be something you reluctantly concede.

And yeah, if Pedrosa decides to stop riding and only smoke a crack pipe in the garage, he won't have a job, but look at Dovi -- with his contract in hand, Honda had to supply a third factory seat.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:01 PM   #225
Lurky-Loo
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikY. View Post
I don't remember last year's stats but pretty sure he was drinking a lot of champagne with Stoner and Jorge.
He won more races than the championship winner.