User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 06:36 PM   #1
insureguy OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Turkey Route Planning

I will be renting a motorcycle in southwest Turkey in Gocek, near Dalaman in July for 8 days. I'm having a bit of a difficult time planning a route. Can anyone give me a suggested 8 day itinerary including some coastal and some mountain riding? I have the bike for about 2400km, but. Don't mind stretching it a bit. I want to see some interesting cities and historical sites along the way. Any suggestions are really really appreciated.
insureguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:06 AM   #2
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,345
Dunno about distances right now, but if it's feasible, then Cappadocia in the middle of the country was a truly exceptional area to visit, strange architecture, underground cities, etc. But you should spend several days there to really do it justice, so if you've only got 8 days, then maybe it's not a good idea, just thought I'd mention anyway.
Pecha72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:31 PM   #3
cip2006is
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
I just played a bit putting some of the places I have been last September and came up with this route.

Adrasan sunset

Efes ruins

Egirdir Lake

Pamukkale

Olimposbeach

On the coast, I would take every road going to the sea from the main road and just explore, camp on the beach, veggies are cheap, beer is good, petrol is expensive. Do not change curency in Antalya, the rate is very bad.
cip2006is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:36 PM   #4
SOD_xj6
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by insureguy View Post
I will be renting a motorcycle in southwest Turkey in Gocek, near Dalaman in July for 8 days. I'm having a bit of a difficult time planning a route. Can anyone give me a suggested 8 day itinerary including some coastal and some mountain riding? I have the bike for about 2400km, but. Don't mind stretching it a bit. I want to see some interesting cities and historical sites along the way. Any suggestions are really really appreciated.
I will be riding through a part of your planned route. Check out my blog at http://goo.gl/qFr1v
You can keep an eye out for updates, and also I'd appreciate if you can send in some info you've received. If we're on the road at the same time I'd love to group up for a section of the way.

cheers
KH
SOD_xj6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:13 AM   #5
Onder
Riding Assistance,TR

Oddometer: 19
Hi,
I live here in TR, and make trips with my 1200GS, all the year, my suggestion for you is as follows, shown in the map. For details, you may ask.

Red Stars in the map, show where to stay, it is done for a round trip, from/to Göcek via most interesting places, using not main roads, if possible.

Onder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:31 PM   #6
pzs
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 203
Onder.... if I ever get there I'll look you up and have a beer, I would love to do that ride as you suggested
pzs is offline   Reply With Quote