ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2013, 07:09 PM   #91
AlsoRan
Lone Trail Of Dust

Oddometer: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by a41capt View Post
I should be there until at least 5 on Thursday. Friday I'm going to the Expo sometime in the afternoon

Anybody comes by after that, my crew will be happy to hand out maps and answer questions.

Seeya there!
Definitely planning on dropping by the station on the way to the lake. Riding in from Bullhead City, AZ so probably won't get there until early afternoon Friday. Will check in with your crew for a map...thanks for saving one!
Old 05-14-2013, 07:22 PM   #92
a41capt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlsoRan View Post
Definitely planning on dropping by the station on the way to the lake. Riding in from Bullhead City, AZ so probably won't get there until early afternoon Friday. Will check in with your crew for a map...thanks for saving one!
I will take some maps over to the Expo. I spoke with the folks and they'll put them up at the Overland Expo booth for anybody not coming through Munds Park.

I'll see if I can get extras from the Forest Service. One case may not do it!

Theodore Roosevelt
May 13, 1903
Molon Labe!
a41capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:20 PM   #93
nylon2000
Wanderer

Oddometer: 253
Welcome sight as I finally get near Flagstaff, after nearly 4,000 miles on the road:

This is what my bike looks like from the front - complete with ADV sticker on the windscreen. See some of you Thursday.

Ny-Lon

The expedition
About the bike
nylon2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:11 PM   #94
a41capt
Adventurer

My bike from the front, etc.

Geez Nylon, I'm not sure you can import that many bugs into Arizona...

See ya Friday!

John

Theodore Roosevelt
May 13, 1903
Molon Labe!
Old 05-15-2013, 07:27 AM   #95
lonekazoo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Getting ready to head out

I'm getting ready to head out. I'll be riding down with two others by way of Jacob Lake (north rim of Grand Canyon), past the Vermillion Cliffs through Marble Canyon and across the Colorado River, maybe stopping at the North Rim; then Sunset crater and down to Flagstaff and Mormon Lake. As much as I'm excited about getting there to the Expo, it can't be as spectacular as the journey I'm afraid!

Hope to see some of you down there.
lonekazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:09 PM   #96
a41capt
Adventurer

Coconino Forest Maps

Okay, I dropped off some maps at the expo. I left a handful with Roseann Hanson at the main registration tent, and another 20 or so with Jim Hyde of Rawhyde Adventures over in the Moto village.

I will bring more over on Friday when I head over, and include some from the Williams and Kaibab area too.

Still have another 50 here at the fire station for folks traveling the 240 road through Munds Park as well.

All free of course, don't feel shy, come and get 'em!

John

Theodore Roosevelt
May 13, 1903
Molon Labe!
Old 05-15-2013, 12:37 PM   #97
BELSTAFF
ADV NOMAD

Oddometer: 1,087
See ya

Hey John:
Leaving around noon will stop by for a cold ice water if you have some we'll talk as we're neighbors and and also family FD service runs deep with us, plus we need to set up some rides, as you know we have the best to ride in AZ
Jeff

Arizona OHV Ambassador
BELSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:32 PM   #98
CafeRacer99
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by nylon2000 View Post
Welcome sight as I finally get near Flagstaff, after nearly 4,000 miles on the road:

This is what my bike looks like from the front - complete with ADV sticker on the windscreen. See some of you Thursday.

Ny-Lon
Nice!
Old 05-15-2013, 03:34 PM   #99
CafeRacer99
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 372
Quote:
Okay, I dropped off some maps at the expo. I left a handful with Roseann Hanson at the main registration tent, and another 20 or so with Jim Hyde of Rawhyde Adventures over in the Moto village.

I will bring more over on Friday when I head over, and include some from the Williams and Kaibab area too.

Still have another 50 here at the fire station for folks traveling the 240 road through Munds Park as well.

John
Still planning to stop by for a cup of coffee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELSTAFF View Post
Hey John:
Leaving around noon will stop by for a cold ice water if you have some we'll talk as we're neighbors and and also family FD service runs deep with us, plus we need to set up some rides, as you know we have the best to ride in AZ
Jeff
I'd be up for a planned ride. Depending on difficulty. (Not very, in my case.) lol.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:26 PM   #100
a41capt
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyDay View Post
I'll be dropping down from 40 Wed afternoon. Hoping to have time to stop in, say hello, and have a coffee. (Schnebly sounds fun, but I don't want to get stuck out there alone if something 'silly' happens.)
Nice seeing you this evening! Worked out well 'cause I had a late meeting and got to spend at least a couple minutes jawing.

As far as Schnebly is concerned, if you want to wait until Sturday afternoon/evening, I can provide guide service!

See ya on Friday,
John

Theodore Roosevelt
May 13, 1903
Molon Labe!
Old 05-15-2013, 07:52 PM   #101
nylon2000
Wanderer

Oddometer: 253
Alright - got my bike serviced in Phoenix today, and will be riding up tomorrow afternoon.

a41capt - i'll swing by and say hi, it should be between 2-4pm by the time i'm there.

I will also have to head to Flagstaff later Thursday, and will be sure to go via sedona and 89a

Whats the recommended route from Phoenix? Just blast up the highway until i get to munds park?

The expedition
About the bike
nylon2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:03 PM   #102
Dpac
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Alright - got my bike serviced in Phoenix today, and will be riding up tomorrow afternoon.

a41capt - i'll swing by and say hi, it should be between 2-4pm by the time i'm there.

I will also have to head to Flagstaff later Thursday, and will be sure to go via sedona and 89a

Whats the recommended route from Phoenix? Just blast up the highway until i get to munds park?
My opinion nylon you should ride up the beeline 87 to payson strawberry and pine to clintswell and on to lake Mary dr to mormon lake only way out of phoenix in my opinion unless your in a hurry or on the far west side.... stay in the east valley chandler Tempe mesa etc...

2013 BMW F800GS
Tucson, Az
Dpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:22 PM   #103
AlsoRan
Lone Trail Of Dust

Oddometer: 389
Quote:

John
Thanks for doing this John. Leaving CA in the A.M. and headed towards Mormon Lake!
Old 05-15-2013, 09:45 PM   #104
a41capt
Adventurer

Long way to go

Quote:

If you come to Munds Park first, Sedona, 89A, and Flagstaff are out of the way unless you take the dirt (Schnebly Hill Road) from Munds back down to Sedona.

Not a bad trip, but depending on what time you arrive in Munds, when you want to be in Flag, and what time you want to be at the Expo, it could make for a long day (and into the night).

I'm going to PM you with my phone number. Call me tomorrow morning early (7:30ish?) and I'll help you with some nice routes. DPAC's route is a mighty pretty choice too, and my feelings won't be hurt if you miss out on Munds Park.

Give me a call,
John

Theodore Roosevelt
May 13, 1903
Molon Labe!
Old 05-15-2013, 09:56 PM   #105
a41capt
Adventurer

Any Masons?

Any Brother Masons heading to the Expo are welcome to be my guest at the Flagstaff Lodge for dinner and degree on Thursday night.

PM me and I'll get you my phone number.

John

Theodore Roosevelt
May 13, 1903
Molon Labe!