User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 10:43 AM   #31
schisi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Holan Nomada

That's my luggae system (Holan/Nomada). I was looking for something narrow, but still with enough volume. The Jesse stuff is not available over here and the Holan's are a good alternative:

These are the 38l version, total width is 90 cm.
schisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:29 PM   #32
paco fernandez
Mexico

Oddometer: 64

More info.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/644957278855187/

Enviado desde mi iPad con Tapatalk HD
paco fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:52 AM   #33
schisi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by schisi View Post
That's my luggae system (Holan/Nomada). I was looking for something narrow, but still with enough volume. The Jesse stuff is not available over here and the Holan's are a good alternative.

These are the 38l version, total width is 90 cm.
BTW, I have initially ordered tha vario cases with the inner bags. But returned them directly to the dealer. Only look at this picture, the ratio between case volume and volume of the inner bags is just ridiculous...
schisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #34
hammick
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,431
I have a new LC and need to get some bags. The Globescouts are my first choice followed by the Nomadas I think. The Globescouts don't have a cut out version yet and the Nomadas do but probably not available and based on past issues with Holan may never be available in the states.

I don't think my OCD ass could live with a set of asymmetrical bags.

Have any of the usual manufacturers ever made a rack that puts the bags out the same distance from the frame on both sides? I was thinking the non-exhaust side could be filled with a tool tube or some other type of storage.

If I could find such a rack I would probably get some smaller Globescouts in the same size.
hammick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #35
marchyman
Cam Killer

Oddometer: 7,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammick View Post
... the Nomadas do but probably not available and based on past issues with Holan may never be available in the states.
I certainly hope you are wrong in that I've already ordered a set in plain aluminum with a stainless rack from http://www.advmotorrad.com/index.php...product_id=211 and have been told they will be here some time in May. Since my bike won't be here until June (or later) that works well for me.
marchyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:53 PM   #36
hammick
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marchyman View Post
I certainly hope you are wrong in that I've already ordered a set in plain aluminum with a stainless rack from http://www.advmotorrad.com/index.php...product_id=211 and have been told they will be here some time in May. Since my bike won't be here until June (or later) that works well for me.
Well I hope I am wrong also. I do like the looks of the Holans and will probably buy them if I can get them. Does the $1069 include the rack?
Old 04-22-2013, 09:03 PM   #37
marchyman
Cam Killer

Quote:
Well I hope I am wrong also. I do like the looks of the Holans and will probably buy them if I can get them. Does the $1069 include the rack?
Yep. But don't forget to add a bunch for shipping. Add extra if you want locks, too. The total for the options I got was a bit less than $1300.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:43 PM   #38
IB1
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 899
Word of advice: All cases are in their extended position. I normally don't ride like this, but it is handy when parked to put your gear in.

She does have quite a big ass like this.

IB1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:41 AM   #39
hammick
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Yep. But don't forget to add a bunch for shipping. Add extra if you want locks, too. The total for the options I got was a bit less than $1300.
What size did you get Marchyman? Are their 45l bags the same size as the OEM Adventure bags?
Old 04-23-2013, 07:23 AM   #40
Hunter6
n00b

Oddometer: 5
In a few weeks the new TT Zegapro2 cases wil be available.
http://ch.touratech.com/fileadmin/us...dex.html#/1090
Hunter6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #41
marchyman
Cam Killer

Quote:
What size did you get Marchyman? Are their 45l bags the same size as the OEM Adventure bags?
I got the 38L bags. I really dislike large bags. I carry too much junk as is. Larger bags would just let me carry even more stuff I don't need.

Bag size had a lot to do with ordering the Holan product. I wanted something close to the original Zega special set (35L) that I had on my '05 GS. The fact that the Holan bags have the cut out for the exhaust made it an even better choice for me.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #42
hammick
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I got the 38L bags. I really dislike large bags. I carry too much junk as is. Larger bags would just let me carry even more stuff I don't need.

Bag size had a lot to do with ordering the Holan product. I wanted something close to the original Zega special set (35L) that I had on my '05 GS. The fact that the Holan bags have the cut out for the exhaust made it an even better choice for me.
Were you able to speak with anyone before you ordered? I have called a couple times and left a message with no luck over the past couple days.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #43
marchyman
Cam Killer

Email. I left a message using a form on the web site and got a reply via e-mail a short while later -- on Easter Sunday.

There were a few more back and forth messages using email.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:12 PM   #44
cyclingjetpilot
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
I have a new LC and need to get some bags. The Globescouts are my first choice followed by the Nomadas I think. The Globescouts don't have a cut out version yet and the Nomadas do but probably not available and based on past issues with Holan may never be available in the states.

I don't think my OCD ass could live with a set of asymmetrical bags.

Have any of the usual manufacturers ever made a rack that puts the bags out the same distance from the frame on both sides? I was thinking the non-exhaust side could be filled with a tool tube or some other type of storage.

If I could find such a rack I would probably get some smaller Globescouts in the same size.
I just ordered the Globescouts. The first 30 sets arrived and are gone. Next shipment of 30 are due 2nd week of June. I paid the extra 50 dollars for them to drill the 20 holes. I think I got set 15 out of the next 30.
cyclingjetpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:39 PM   #45
hammick
Beastly Adventurer

Please post some good pics when you get them.