Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 09:42 PM   #46
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclingjetpilot View Post
I just ordered the Globescouts. The first 30 sets arrived and are gone. Next shipment of 30 are due 2nd week of June. I paid the extra 50 dollars for them to drill the 20 holes. I think I got set 15 out of the next 30.
I really want the Globescouts, but I want the exhaust cutout.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:00 PM   #47
cyclingjetpilot
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
I really want the Globescouts, but I want the exhaust cutout.
Yea I did too. I talked with the father of the owner of Adventure Motorcycle Depot for about 45 minutes before deciding to order. He said the panniers come out the same distance on each side 35L right side, 45L left, and stability is good.His son has them mounted on gs 800, and had them over 100 with no stability issues at all. I know its a visual thing, but even with the cutout style there's a visual difference in symmetry. Oh well we will see! Hopefully someone posts pictures before mid June.
cyclingjetpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:36 AM   #48
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
My Jesses should be here by the end of next week. Hopefully I'll have them on by Friday. I'll post pics when I do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8ridn View Post
Now that your bike is out of the shop I look forward to your pictures and thoughts. Both Jesse and Touratech are being considered.
Well, I had Jesses ordered. I cancelled my order. Same crap as my last set of bags I ordered from them. Far too many "I dont knows" and failed promises. It shouldnt be too difficult to keep track of things but they manage to never get it right. In my mind, customer service is as / more important than the product and Jesse Luggage doesnt have it. Id rather wait for bags than deal with their BS any longer. Its a shame too because the actual bags themselves are pretty nice.

Looks like Globescouts now. Ill be waiting for them but it appears the distributer is good at what he does.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:51 AM   #49
cjack
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclingjetpilot View Post
Yea I did too. I talked with the father of the owner of Adventure Motorcycle Depot for about 45 minutes before deciding to order. He said the panniers come out the same distance on each side 35L right side, 45L left, and stability is good.His son has them mounted on gs 800, and had them over 100 with no stability issues at all. I know its a visual thing, but even with the cutout style there's a visual difference in symmetry. Oh well we will see! Hopefully someone posts pictures before mid June.
The bike isn't symmetrical and even with the cutout, it's not symmetrical. So I decided to go for function. The Zega Pros can mount on either side, are the same width top to bottom, less expensive, extend the same distance on both sides, and are available. Plenty of room for the muffler so it won't heat up the bag. Why complicate things?
RA & MOA #224
cjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:34 PM   #50
Mtbcoach
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 213
Here is my set-up as delivered by the dealer. Like the expandable feature, top case has back pad for the wife that maks her happy. I liked the top lid feature of ones on my '09 but these work well...

'77 Toyota FJ45
Mtbcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:29 PM   #51
marchyman
Cam Killer

Oddometer: 7,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjack View Post
The Zega Pros can mount on either side, are the same width top to bottom, less expensive, extend the same distance on both sides, and are available. Plenty of room for the muffler so it won't heat up the bag. Why complicate things?
The Zega Pro come in a 31/38L set or a 38/45L set. That's not exactly the same as "can mount on either side" or am I reading that wrong? They extend the same distance because you mount the smaller case on the exhaust side.

They are nice looking bags.
marchyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:05 PM   #52
cyclingjetpilot
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjack View Post
The bike isn't symmetrical and even with the cutout, it's not symmetrical. So I decided to go for function. The Zega Pros can mount on either side, are the same width top to bottom, less expensive, extend the same distance on both sides, and are available. Plenty of room for the muffler so it won't heat up the bag. Why complicate things?
Zegna Pro's are great pannier's! I was torn, as to which to get, I took up alot Adventure Motorcycle Depot's time on the phone, they were very helpful! So I just pulled trigger on the Globescouts. I got Panniers, rack, mounts, pre drilled,and insert bags for 1190.60 shipped with 5% discount. I won't need them till June anyway. Hoping they come earlier!
cyclingjetpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:45 AM   #53
cjack
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 854
I meant all the Zega Pro bags mount on either side. So if you want more capacity, and have the 31/38, you could buy the 45 and move the 38 to the left side, or vice versa. Or have both options.
RA & MOA #224
cjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:56 AM   #54
roadchick
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Quote:
My Jesses should be here by the end of next week. Hopefully I'll have them on by Friday. I'll post pics when I do.
Which Jesses did you get? The odyssey's or the safari's? Can't wait to see the pics I have Jesses on my VSTROM and if I get my dream bike, the gs of course, then I will also have the Jesse's. They have been great panniers! At least ill be able to transfer the top box over to the gs with the right mounting plate. I'm wanting the safaris for the 33" measurement. We are in California and lane splitting comes in handy.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:27 AM   #55
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadchick View Post
Which Jesses did you get? The odyssey's or the safari's? Can't wait to see the pics I have Jesses on my VSTROM and if I get my dream bike, the gs of course, then I will also have the Jesse's. They have been great panniers! At least ill be able to transfer the top box over to the gs with the right mounting plate. I'm wanting the safaris for the 33" measurement. We are in California and lane splitting comes in handy.
You must have misses where I said I cancelled the order due to Jesses horrible customer service.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:37 AM   #56
roadchick
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
You must have misses where I said I cancelled the order due to Jesses horrible customer service.
I did see that. When I ordered my jesses a couple of years ago, I ordered through XPLOREMOTO and had a very good experience. I did talk to someone at Jesses yesterday and found out that some of what I need is not available yet and might not be for a couple months. They said they could lend me some bags for a trip in June, if what I needed was not in yet. I guess time will tell. I'm just trying to save money since I already have a top box from them that will transfer over.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:28 AM   #57
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
I did see that. When I ordered my jesses a couple of years ago, I ordered through XPLOREMOTO and had a very good experience. I did talk to someone at Jesses yesterday and found out that some of what I need is not available yet and might not be for a couple months. They said they could lend me some bags for a trip in June, if what I needed was not in yet. I guess time will tell. I'm just trying to save money since I already have a top box from them that will transfer over.
This is the second time ive ordered from them. Both times, even simple questions were followed with "I dont know answers." After asking if we could find out (why should I have to ask that in the first place?) she said she would but when id call back she still didnt know. These were very basic things like some costs or shipping info. Then an order was finally placed and I was given a loose shipping date. The bags didnt shio when they said they would either time. They would give an excuse and then say in a few more days. Last time I went through this a few times. This time, I just canceled as they clearly still havent improved. Last time I also recieved a dented bag. They were pleasant to deal with an replaced the bag but it took a few months and lots of those false promises of "itll ship in a few days" phone calls.

Maybe im a dick, but knowledge of your product and telling the truth / knowing how your process works should be top priorities for venders. Just making shit up as you go is wastimg your customers time.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:39 AM   #58
roadchick
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:

Maybe im a dick, but knowledge of your product and telling the truth / knowing how your process works should be top priorities for venders. Just making shit up as you go is wastimg your customers time.
Ok I didn't realize that you were the one who had them ordered and expected by Friday. I agree... Knowledge of product should be key, especially for the person answering the phone....good customer service speaks volumes and will keep people coming back even if the product is more costly than another. That being said... I hope they have their "stuff" together when I'm ready. My second choice would be the nomadas in the black anodized. Loving those!

So I'm assuming nobody has the Jesses? Or pics of them on the 2013?
Old 04-25-2013, 08:05 AM   #59
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Ok I didn't realize that you were the one who had them ordered and expected by Friday. I agree... Knowledge of product should be key, especially for the person answering the phone....good customer service speaks volumes and will keep people coming back even if the product is more costly than another. That being said... I hope they have their "stuff" together when I'm ready. My second choice would be the nomadas in the black anodized. Loving those!

I had a set of the Safaris on my previous GS. Great panniers. Too bad they dont have the customer they should have.

The Holans dont look bad. Im tempted by them but I like the Globescouts much more. Have you seen those?
Old 04-25-2013, 11:20 AM   #60
Cycling101
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
Quote:

The only pics I've seen are from the Jesse thread, here:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...762708&page=23

Really disappointed to hear about your experience Oz. I ordered my first set of bags from them a few years ago and I dealt with Al and he took good care of me. I love their bags enough to put up with a little grief, and now I'm ready to get a new set for my GSW.

I've had a few email exchanges with some girl there and every response has been a bit of a head-scratcher. Not that literate. And she told me 4 months ago that I would receive an email when the new bags were ready for ordering, but of course that didn't happen. But their bags are very very bullet-proof compared to the plastic Vario crap, and compared to TT and some of the others I've seen in person. I ride hard off-road so I'm willing to put up with a bit of incompetence at the front desk to get solid bags for my gear.
Cycling101 is offline   Reply With Quote