User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 10:34 AM   #1
kantuckid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,699
Scooter Forums-most active???

I've searched a bit & looked at a few forums like "Modern Vespa" but haven't determined yet which are the more active and user friendly forums for scoots-except here & being a MC rider I was already here-sort of...
Tell me where the scoot people hang out online??? I did see that several had little recent activity. None that compared to Battle Scooters except for the Vespa one mentioned.

Thanks!
"If I had my life to live over,I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up.I'd be sillier than this trip, take fewer things seriously, I would take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges, at age 85
kantuckid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:47 AM   #2
quasigentrified
Cityfolk

Oddometer: 651
there are a lot of brand/model specific forums, but since i like "scooters" and am not particular to a given brand (well, i have had a lot of success with aprilia and honda), i find i prefer this forum. also, i like the dry sense of humor that pervades this place and the good-naturedly disrespectful ambience. ;-)
quasigentrified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:53 AM   #3
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer: 2,693
This seems like a pretty good place to hang out.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661436
cbolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:48 PM   #4
larrylarry75
Nacho Mama

Oddometer: 300
Well look who's here!

Hi Mike,

So did you sell your bimmer and move over to a scooter? Last time we talked you were thinking about riding to MX but your schedule was to go earlier than mine. I ended up riding the Ninja down there twice, once last spring and again in late summer. Good to see you on this forum, and to answer your question I'd say hang out on both ADV & MV. There's more going on here in the way of long distance riding reports but more about technical stuff on MV [if you're a Vespa owner.]

LL75
larrylarry75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:15 PM   #5
DandM
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 673
This is the place

I’m here in ADV Scooter Ville, and will be here until I change my mind once again. My plate frame reads, “Consistently Inconsistent.” Right now I love my 650 Burgman. Whether you own a scoot or are in the learning phase: this is the place for the whole world wide spectrum of scoot info.
DandM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:35 PM   #6
Tarka
Doesn't wave back.

Oddometer: 1,924
Scooterotica

and

ScooterBoyWorld (but only if yer a rufftie tufftie type scooterist )

I'd only waste my money if I didn`t spend it on all my bikes......
Tarka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:56 PM   #7
kantuckid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrylarry75 View Post
Hi Mike,

So did you sell your bimmer and move over to a scooter? Last time we talked you were thinking about riding to MX but your schedule was to go earlier than mine. I ended up riding the Ninja down there twice, once last spring and again in late summer. Good to see you on this forum, and to answer your question I'd say hang out on both ADV & MV. There's more going on here in the way of long distance riding reports but more about technical stuff on MV [if you're a Vespa owner.]

LL75
Nope Larry, My trip bike-R1150R is in the driveway resting from 400k of mtns this Tuesday. My R75 is still in pieces and when the spring farm/outside stuff calms down I have a large part of it ready to shoot some paint & a tiny Honda CL100 thats ready to paint & my LONG TIME! Bultaco(delayed gratification for real!) project is slowly getting together on a bench.
At 69 I'm thinking scoot for the road vs hvy machine with gobs of power that runs like the wind-I'm leaning hard toward Aprilia & Piaggio & maybe Kymco. No on Burgmans & similar -they flat out look like jet skis to me. Personal reasons I did a fly & drive to Mex with wife but no MC trip happened this year. Still on my agenda to go back again & again... GT too!
I'm doing some pre-planning toward a fly & rent to both Ecuador & Columbia but haven't pulled the trigger on tics,etc..
"If I had my life to live over,I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up.I'd be sillier than this trip, take fewer things seriously, I would take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges, at age 85
Old 04-20-2013, 03:07 PM   #8
kantuckid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandM View Post
I’m here in ADV Scooter Ville, and will be here until I change my mind once again. My plate frame reads, “Consistently Inconsistent.” Right now I love my 650 Burgman. Whether you own a scoot or are in the learning phase: this is the place for the whole world wide spectrum of scoot info.
Whole world spectrum huh? That's about all there is? FWIW, my curmudgeonly self seems to fit OK here as the rest of ADV?
Yeh, I've got the scoot bug and hard into the web. I went on one forum & it was obvious that several of the inhabitants were just not up there in scoot/machine knowledge & the "brand consciousness" was a bit hvy for me. I did like the Vespa spot ok. The folks that have either been into scoots for awhile and/or ridden MC's for awhile seem to be the best source of relevant info..
MV as in MV Augusta???
FWIW,after I buy a scoot there will not be a thread asking if it can "take me to Mexico". Got no job, live in the mtns and nothing to commute to for me so it's gotta be a scoot that will hit the road and throw out some vibes in handling & looks that catch my eye. BV250/300/350 are in the running & the BV350 is my fave so far
Old 04-20-2013, 03:16 PM   #9
kantuckid OP
Beastly Adventurer

"Scooterboy" learned something new today. Perhaps I'm a bit past my prime for venture into Scooterboy land?
It would be fun to scoot around Yorkshire in the spring!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-20-2013, 03:31 PM   #10
Tarka
Doesn't wave back.

Oddometer: 1,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantuckid View Post
"Scooterboy" learned something new today. Perhaps I'm a bit past my prime for venture into Scooterboy land?
It would be fun to scoot around Yorkshire in the spring!!!!!!!!!!

The 'Scooterboys' appeared late 1980`s/early 1990`s.
Mostly wearing combats,green MA1 jackets and Cherryreds or para boots.
Often wearing naughty helmets like Simpsons and riding cutdowns or 'skellys'.

They mostly took over from the 2nd wave Mods and are a large proportion of the rally going and enthusiastic scooterists over here,despite the burgeoning 'new wave' Mod revival.

I'd only waste my money if I didn`t spend it on all my bikes......
Tarka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #11
Forde
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 639
Scooter shack
scooter nations
49ccscoot

For modern auto scooters and tuning
Old 04-20-2013, 08:33 PM   #12
Warney
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 569
Waiting for Hexnut to post a link referring to a certain website.
Totalruckus for Honda Ruckus/Big Ruckus.
ScooterCentral aka Stellaspeed for all things Stella.
Paisans for Lambretta.
Warney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:38 PM   #13
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,529
I have searched for a decent scooter forum for a long time, and cannot find one. scootertime.net was a good one, but it is gone now. Most brand specific forums, like zumaforums.net and totalruckus.com are all about modifications. I want a scooter forum that's about riding scooters, not destroying them.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:23 AM   #14
creighta
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
For repair/mod gotta be brand specific. For general scoot enthusiast discussion I pretty much stick with adv and maxi-scoots.com

Opposite crowds, but both full of great people.
creighta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:30 AM   #15
creighta
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
Just caught your location in Sig. What part of E KY are you in? Everything in that 23 corridor is full of great scoot tour roads. Have always wanted to ride cross Pine mtn, but never get to take the scoot when we are down that way.
creighta is offline   Reply With Quote