Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 08:40 AM   #16
kantuckid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,860
We live on land in the vicinity of Natural Bridge State Park. For some rides nearer to me I can suggest but just did a 392 mile ride last Tuesday in KY,VA. See www.visitvirginiamountains.com and click on "trails link" at top & go to MC trails-there are 6 day trips listed and a few are unquestionably among the best hwy riding in the USA. pine mtns OK but not the top destination this area.
"If I had my life to live over,I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up.I'd be sillier than this trip, take fewer things seriously, I would take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges, at age 85
kantuckid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:42 AM   #17
kantuckid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Thanks! for the suggestions. This remains to be one of the few spots where the discussions are frequent & varied.
"If I had my life to live over,I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up.I'd be sillier than this trip, take fewer things seriously, I would take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges, at age 85
Old 04-21-2013, 01:42 PM   #18
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,788
I'm on the Aprilia Forum, Kymco Forum and KLR650.net. I've also tried a few others. None of them compare to this one.

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:53 PM   #19
JoelScootDude
High Mileage Scooter

Oddometer: 22
I must say this:

modern Vespa tends to veer off to anything not related to Vespas. It seems most of the people there who can afford a Vespa, dont really modify them, or even work on them, because Vespas are very reliable, and even when they fail they like going to the dealership. therefore the forum is mostly about what Vespa owners have in their minds. the amount of "NSR" ( not scooter related) threads are overwhelming, among with the " what do you call your scooter" and the like.

However that forum is active 24/7.

The other brand specific forums posted are good, you must find your brand scooter and find a forum for it pretty much.
JoelScootDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:39 AM   #20
wannabe1
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 555
I joined the Modern Buddy forum when I was researching the Genuine scooters. They are a pretty good bunch of guys/gals and as expected loyal to their brand.
wannabe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:48 AM   #21
JerryH
Banned

Oddometer: 5,069
There is always ScootDawg, or whatever it is now. Not a bad forum at all, but it is almost entirely Chinese.

Vespa owners are like Harley owners and poodle owners. They like to congregate at the local Vespa/Harley/poodle shop as a way of socializing. My former in laws are poodle owners, and it seems most of their social life revolves around the miserable things.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:07 AM   #22
larrylarry75
Nacho Mama

Oddometer: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
There is always ScootDawg, or whatever it is now. Not a bad forum at all, but it is almost entirely Chinese.

Vespa owners are like Harley owners and poodle owners. They like to congregate at the local Vespa/Harley/poodle shop as a way of socializing. My former in laws are poodle owners, and it seems most of their social life revolves around the miserable things.
Jerry,

I think I like what you say better when it includes "IMO". Without that your remarks come across as being absolute and divine which as everyone knows isn't the case. I don't believe Vespa riders are any different than those of other brands; yes, they tend to congregate among themselves the same as everyone else. Isn't that a given? And who really cares?

If you're feeling belligerent towards Vespa people why don't you trot on over to Modern Vespa and vent your feelings there, I know for certain you'll get a rise out of them? Best wear your flame-proof undies though, there's more than a few very smart cookies hanging out on it.

Judging by your earlier remarks it appears this ADV forum has also failed to satisfy your desires. That seems rather sad since there's a lot of us who find useful information and enjoy the camaraderie it yields. If I may offer a suggestion I think you'd be better served if you looked for its positive aspects instead of the negatives; the glass after all can be observed half full as well as half empty.

LL75
larrylarry75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:52 PM   #23
kantuckid OP
Beastly Adventurer

I don't own a dog but I've had a few and I "congregate" very little but kinda like the Vespa thing & plan to ride one soon. Hard to fit in even well past adolescence?
Old 04-22-2013, 07:46 PM   #24
creighta
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
I wish my dog would ride on the scooter with me. That would be awesome; a fuzzy backrest/windscreen cleaner.
creighta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:02 PM   #25
GaryinVT
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Genuine brand scooters have a strong following; the Buddy models in particular. Their forum is quite active, and has some DIY stuff and reviews.

http://www.modernbuddy.com/forum/index.html
GaryinVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:18 PM   #26
sonicsix
Ruckus Rider

Oddometer: 66
I am here and on the Kymco forums... mostly here. I was on a local forum but abandoned them after they adopted an odd strategy to encourage more posting and less lurking... it backfired on them.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:18 AM   #27
kantuckid OP
Beastly Adventurer

I've noticed that some lurk cause they have nothing to say, which, as a former teacher & a parent I find refreshing.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:45 PM   #28
tortoise2
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 516
Classic example of how NOT to administer a forum . . surrender it to the spammers!

Motor Scooters Guide Forum
tortoise2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:05 PM   #29
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,734
Some of the Yahoo groups are very active. Helix , elite , ct 50-110 etc. This is the most round out scooter forum with people whom know there crap. You can find out most anything here just because there so many people from all in the world on it.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:38 AM   #30
xbeemer
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Two Wheel Texans is an active and very good general MC forum, with lots of members from outside Texas. They now have a Maxi Scooter area. It's new, so not as active as here. Still it's a good forum all around.

http://www.twtex.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7
xbeemer is offline   Reply With Quote