Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 04:55 AM   #31
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrylarry75 View Post
Jerry,

I think I like what you say better when it includes "IMO". Without that your remarks come across as being absolute and divine which as everyone knows isn't the case. I don't believe Vespa riders are any different than those of other brands; yes, they tend to congregate among themselves the same as everyone else. Isn't that a given? And who really cares?

If you're feeling belligerent towards Vespa people why don't you trot on over to Modern Vespa and vent your feelings there, I know for certain you'll get a rise out of them? Best wear your flame-proof undies though, there's more than a few very smart cookies hanging out on it.

Judging by your earlier remarks it appears this ADV forum has also failed to satisfy your desires. That seems rather sad since there's a lot of us who find useful information and enjoy the camaraderie it yields. If I may offer a suggestion I think you'd be better served if you looked for its positive aspects instead of the negatives; the glass after all can be observed half full as well as half empty.

LL75

"IMO" is always implied, even if I forget to include it. Fact is I love both Vespas and Harleys. Can't say the same thing about poodles. Everything I post is my opinion, unless I clearly state it as fact, and have something to back it up. I guess I'll have to put that back in my signature line. More than 90% of what gets posted on this forum, all sections, is personal opinion as far as I can tell.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:47 AM   #32
cdwise
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 752
Didn't you say you just bought a Burgman? http://burgmanusa.com/ is highly recommended by my friends who ride Burgmans.

Modern Vespa does have a lot of folks that mod their scoots and work on them but mostly on the not so modern or project report forums instead of the general discussion forum. Quite a bit of overlap with the folks on Modern Buddy since quite a few member either currently own or have previously owned Buddys or Stellas. Buddys are a pretty common first scooter for the folks who like classic or retro style scoots.

I also visit the Aprilia forum but it isn't particularly active.
cdwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:02 AM   #33
JerseyBiker
Scootarazzi

Oddometer: 1,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
"IMO" is always implied, even if I forget to include it. Fact is I love both Vespas and Harleys. Can't say the same thing about poodles. Everything I post is my opinion, unless I clearly state it as fact, and have something to back it up. I guess I'll have to put that back in my signature line. More than 90% of what gets posted on this forum, all sections, is personal opinion as far as I can tell.
Exactly. IMO is always implied.

I enjoy your comments- prolly cause I suspect we are about the same age and thus have similar memories of the history of riding. For example when a 500 was a BIG bike. Lol
JerseyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:43 AM   #34
k-moe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,973
Zumaforums.net : active, mostly friendly, full of good information and opinions (hence the mostly friendly).
k-moe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:41 AM   #35
Houndguy
super noob!!!

Oddometer: 49
Cool2

I've belonged to several. The best in my opinion are the Burgman USA one already mentioned and the old scootdawg.com was replaced by scootdawg.net. Not really sure why but you can no longer post on the .com side.

I don't ride a Vespa so I can't comment on that one. Most scooter forums seem more geared to the wrencher (which I am not).
Old 05-11-2013, 10:03 AM   #36
kantuckid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrylarry75 View Post
Hi Mike,

So did you sell your bimmer and move over to a scooter? Last time we talked you were thinking about riding to MX but your schedule was to go earlier than mine. I ended up riding the Ninja down there twice, once last spring and again in late summer. Good to see you on this forum, and to answer your question I'd say hang out on both ADV & MV. There's more going on here in the way of long distance riding reports but more about technical stuff on MV [if you're a Vespa owner.]

LL75
Hey Larry,1st thanks for the response on MV showing your Vespa luggage. Seems that I got my sorry ass permanently banned from the MV forum. The guy(I don't really know what/who he/she is) made a comment about using a dolly/hammer to do a dent pictured with no hammer access & I pointedly said it was not doable that way (in more words than that) but then he made it clear he ruled the roost there in that I'd popped in as a know it all type,etc., & I kind of told him off-sort of politely(for me-HA!) Too bad for me actually because it is a decent spot for scoot stuff & has good information from other members and because I like that machine & plan to ride one & a BV350 & Kymco People GT 300i as soon as I can get to the right places.
Maybe you & the others on BS can be my scoot info source?

I just now took the trouble to read the reaction from the 26,000+ post guy ( it turns out he owns the website & banned me permanently from MV) and he was pissed! He also called me a dirty word! Another member jumped in on me too, saying I had earned it and he'd expected the banning. This guy is the one with the avatar of Jesus Christ with beer cans superimposed on his chest. I'll leave that one alone... There are in fact some great folks that participate there. I was warned above that it can be feisty on MV. OK I found out.
"If I had my life to live over,I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up.I'd be sillier than this trip, take fewer things seriously, I would take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges, at age 85

kantuckid screwed with this post 05-11-2013 at 11:27 AM
kantuckid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:31 AM   #37
hexnut
just cruising

Oddometer: 1,240
You won't miss much there..

http://wickedscholar.wordpress.com/tag/modern-vespa/

hexnuts...a curse put on your balls by a mean gypsy
3/5 Cav, C Troop, BlackKnights, Vietnam 1969
hexnut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:30 AM   #38
kantuckid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexnut View Post
His moniker is "Petty Tyrant" as I recall & as I stated above he is THE OWNER! of that site, not just the moderator.
If you need some momentary entertainment you can read the series of posts that got me kicked off under the thread about "frame damage" in general discussion.
"If I had my life to live over,I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up.I'd be sillier than this trip, take fewer things seriously, I would take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges, at age 85
Old 05-11-2013, 01:04 PM   #39
Warney
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantuckid View Post
His moniker is "Petty Tyrant" as I recall & as I stated above he is THE OWNER! of that site, not just the moderator.
If you need some momentary entertainment you can read the series of posts that got me kicked off under the thread about "frame damage" in general discussion.
At one time, being banned from Modernvespa entitled you to a merit patch from ScooterBBS.
Despite various Vespa Cheerleaders and Beer Can Jesus, there is some good technical advice on Modernvespa.
Warney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:35 PM   #40
hexnut
just cruising

Oddometer: 1,240
Here you go..

http://modernvespa.com/forum/topic114001

hexnuts...a curse put on your balls by a mean gypsy
3/5 Cav, C Troop, BlackKnights, Vietnam 1969
hexnut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:40 PM   #41
kantuckid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Yes , I honestly wish I'd kept my mouth shut as their are some good people (like most anywhere you go)on MV, that have knowledge & it could be the scoot I buy. The Aprilia forum hosted by the Texas dealer is lopsided toward certain machines & lacks activity with the rest but it does have some expertise present. Life will go on.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #42
blugg1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 295
Aside from ADV, which I joined because I currently have a DR650SE and used to have a 72 KX 250 and a 97 DR350SE, I recently joined the SYM forum because I bought a used 2012 SYM HD 200 EVO scooter. It seems evenly split between trips, tips, and wrenching. Even a couple of dealer members who are amazingly liberal with advice.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #43
bkrdoug80
Old Dude

Oddometer: 33
scooter forum

You DONOT want modernvespa !!!!!!!!!! those admin. are out of their minds!! they have (NEW!!) "KARMA"-----no joke!!!!!!!!! i had been on there since 07 ,did the normal things you do on a forum(i am 80yo---last 16 yrs over 100 scoots and over half million miles--NO CAGES!!----) suddenly couple weeks ago one of the chiefs(jess)----put a header at the top of the homepage saying my "KARMA" was slightly negative!!!!----I was in danger if this continued!!!! I wrote him and asked him to explain his version of "KARMA" and give me an example of my negative "KARMA"------and to explain pos and neg "KARMA". (i had only 1(one) post in the last year!! and that was to trade scoots. HE ,of course had no answer except we have had it all along!!--------in 6 yrs there I NEVER heard of "KARMA" !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did look one day at the for sale/trade page and noticed the response section was ALL 0 !! and there was over 2000 views!!! I have belonged to many forums and never ran into a bad one(XL forum was a little salty)-----------------------MV is a loser.IMHO bkrdoug
bkrdoug80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:06 AM   #44
cdwise
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrdoug80 View Post
You DONOT want modernvespa !!!!!!!!!! those admin. are out of their minds!! they have (NEW!!) "KARMA"-----no joke!!!!!!!!! i had been on there since 07 ,did the normal things you do on a forum(i am 80yo---last 16 yrs over 100 scoots and over half million miles--NO CAGES!!----) suddenly couple weeks ago one of the chiefs(jess)----put a header at the top of the homepage saying my "KARMA" was slightly negative!!!!----I was in danger if this continued!!!! I wrote him and asked him to explain his version of "KARMA" and give me an example of my negative "KARMA"------and to explain pos and neg "KARMA". (i had only 1(one) post in the last year!! and that was to trade scoots. HE ,of course had no answer except we have had it all along!!--------in 6 yrs there I NEVER heard of "KARMA" !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did look one day at the for sale/trade page and noticed the response section was ALL 0 !! and there was over 2000 views!!! I have belonged to many forums and never ran into a bad one(XL forum was a little salty)-----------------------MV is a loser.IMHO bkrdoug
Of course there were no replies in the For Sale section. If you read the FAQ for the "for sale" forum http://modernvespa.com/forum/topic8594 you'd see that topics there are locked and reply is to be by PM only. Karma is votes, either positive or negative by other forum readers. Looking at the message you posted is the best way of determining why you received negative karma on it. Karma is covered in the forum FAQ at http://modernvespa.com/forum/wiki-karma and has been there as long as I've been a member (2006). Karma or other rating scheme is pretty common on forums and social networking sites.
cdwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #45
quasigentrified
Cityfolk

Oddometer: 598
Wink

the problem with modernvespa is that the general forum is 50% garbage "NSR" content from what appear to be adult infants. still, it has a decent bv350 user community, and the guides and ride reports outweigh the [NSR] I HAD A BAD DAY!!!!!! wahjah threads and the individual rider club inside joke one-liners.
quasigentrified is offline   Reply With Quote